[NSFW] vladimir-maestro's MM7 mod

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 21 Jul 2009, 18:16

I started this mod and so far sprites look great but the NPC ladies are running very fast.

Problems:

In first location the floor tile is not showing, neither the NPC near it (which is supposed to hold a bow) so I had to add cheat
In Harmondale I cleaned the castle but Butter keeps telling me there are still goblins. there are not.

My install was done like this:

First, original game
Second, a small patch to allow XP to start the game (only compatibility patch)
Third, Gray face patch
Fourth, Mastro mod.

What could be the reasons some quests are screwed?

Thank you for your dedicated work.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 21 Jul 2009, 19:40

There aren't any problems.
MOD buildt on BDJ's rev4mod. So harmondale's castle still got blue torch and hidden level.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 21 Jul 2009, 20:15

blue torch? Hidden level? Well, then I guess its me who screwed. I use wizard eye, and it show there are no alive creatures. But never found any blue torch or hidden level.

I reinstalled all again, and my opinion is that the game search for all placed items on day one and changes them randomly. here is what I have instead of the floor tile:

I tried 3 times and every time I got another artefact in this location, but never the quest artefact (floor tile). Can you check?

Edit: Nevermind, I read carefully the 22 pages of BDJ mod and saw that quest items was moved as well Harmondale got a hidden level. Maybe you should add a detailed read.me as well as a walkthrough, as I remember reading nowhere that important locations were moved. It will be highly appreciated. I had to restart 15 times but I guess it is not big deal compared to the amount of work you put in. I will try again.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 22 Jul 2009, 19:05

BDJ didn't create any solutions so I won't ether/
When you will search Emerald Isle more carefully - you will find that tile and other items with ease.

Just be more careful to the new dialogues and you will win!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 22 Aug 2009, 23:47

My game keeps crashing in the gauntlet, right after the Coding Wizard gives me the key. Any advice?

I can skip it if I have to. I have a save from before I entered.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 22 Feb 2013, 11:23

Guys, everything works fine but new_class.exe , how can i apply it for 64-bit windows :(

boban89
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

new maestro mod

Unread postby boban89 » 06 Apr 2013, 17:21

where can i download that new version with new things ? it looks interesting so i want try it . Write me a personal msg with links please . Thanks

M1ghty^brother
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby M1ghty^brother » 03 Feb 2014, 11:50

i installed the mod over an original, & I forgot to apply grayface's & original mm7 patches.
do i have to reinstall all stuff for the mod to work properly ?
& the sequence should be - mm7 - official patch - grayface patch - mod files?

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 03 Feb 2014, 17:30

phamlongtuan wrote:Guys, everything works fine but new_class.exe , how can i apply it for 64-bit windows :(
The already modded exe file can be downloaded from Mod Database.

M1ghty^brother wrote:i installed the mod over an original, & I forgot to apply grayface's & original mm7 patches.
do i have to reinstall all stuff for the mod to work properly ?
& the sequence should be - mm7 - official patch - grayface patch - mod files?
No, you should not install any official patches at all, only GrayFace's one. It's enough.

praxis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby praxis » 13 Apr 2014, 16:32

Great mod, some questions regarding new classes though, to make sure everything is working properly.

1. Neither Mage nor Alchemist can expert Earth Magic without a promotion... ?! Why ?

2. "Enchanted Staff"(those that shoot) isn't actually a Staff. Hence bonuses from staff skill don't apply. Useless. Back to bows. And then mages can actually expert in swords, lol. I think I will do that for those ridiculous early game swords.

3. Numerous skills are still messed up. Like Acolyte's shield is yellowed out at normal skill level, druid mace is red at normal skill level etc...

Everyone has those or something not right with my install ? I'm using mm7_new.exe.

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 13 Apr 2014, 16:34

Did you download the mod from Mod Database?

praxis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby praxis » 13 Apr 2014, 17:04

Yeah from http://www.mmgames.ru/index.php?option= ... 91&lang=en which is mirrored there.

I installed it in variety of ways. Starting with gog version of MM7, I did MM7-> Greyface -> Maestro mod -> New class fix. Also did skipping Greyface but then music doesn't play.

One way to check that new classes don't work is to start a new game, and to check if barbarian's leather's armor isn't available at GM level. It's available when starting with MM7_new.exe (which is new class fix) so I'm pretty sure my new class fix is working. And it's not available if starting it through MM7.exe.

Are you absolutely sure Mage earth magic expert is available without promotion (ie its WHITE, not YELLOW) ?

orzie
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby orzie » 13 Apr 2014, 17:16

I don't know for sure as I didn't play with New_class option. However, it can be that way, really, because the new skill system can differ considerably from the classic one.

I guess this feature is also planned with regard to the future ability to combine 2 classes.

Return to “Might and Magic”