Im getting my butt kicked!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sempai
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Im getting my butt kicked!

Unread postby Sempai » 01 Jul 2009, 01:04

Hi all.
Im new and a complete scrub to this game but so far im loving it.
I Picked the game up a couple days ago off steam and have gotten through exactly two of the campaigns but im really getting my butt spanked by the AI.

The sad part is i even have it set to easy! Wtf!

I start out trying to pick up as much resorces as possible and lvl my hero with the gold i find each day while adding more to my homebase.

Not 2 weeks go by and the bloody AI is at my castle door kicking my arse.

What am i doing wrong here?

bmick
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bmick » 01 Jul 2009, 07:35

i hear ya i love the concept of it all just the getting pwned is a bummer

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Jul 2009, 08:33

this is useless without telling us what units and buildings have you aquired by that time...

Do you have 50% less units then him, is your hero to weak compared to his, or do you just don't know how to play on the battlefield... we can't tell...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 01 Jul 2009, 09:42

I suggest you read a walkthrough

google for one to lazy to give you a link
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

lumpoor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lumpoor » 01 Jul 2009, 11:29

Nah, I think it's more fun to learn from experience

bmick
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bmick » 01 Jul 2009, 22:46

lumpoor wrote:Nah, I think it's more fun to learn from experience
yeah game aint fun if its too easy and everything is laid out for u the more a game pisses me off the more i wanna play

Elias_Maluco
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Im getting my butt kicked!

Unread postby Elias_Maluco » 01 Jul 2009, 23:39

Sempai wrote:Hi all.
Im new and a complete scrub to this game but so far im loving it.
I Picked the game up a couple days ago off steam and have gotten through exactly two of the campaigns but im really getting my butt spanked by the AI.

The sad part is i even have it set to easy! Wtf!

I start out trying to pick up as much resorces as possible and lvl my hero with the gold i find each day while adding more to my homebase.

Not 2 weeks go by and the bloody AI is at my castle door kicking my arse.

What am i doing wrong here?
Some starting tips:

- know your units

- dont waste time: build and explore fast, using your resources and hero movement points wisely

- choose your battles carefully, specially at the first weeks. Dont go wasting all your troops in useless neutral battles (for a treasure chest, for example)

- DONT take your time: the AI will build its army and cities faster than you, and when it finds you, it will be impossible to beat. Rush on then, get a decent army and go, before they get too strong

- if they are coming for you with a stronger hero, flee, let your city be taken, so you keep your army to take a city of theirs or retake yours when the enemy goes away (eventually, they will)

And dont give up: is hard at the beginning, but keep going and eventually you will won then at heroic.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Jul 2009, 00:57

You call yourself "sempai" and you're getting your butt kicked? I'll call you "kohai", then :tongue:

Actually, the walkthroughs are full of tips you can pick up without spoiling your experience. I recommend having a look.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 02 Jul 2009, 05:10

I guess a nice thing will be if you say and which map exactly are you playing. :tongue:

kcwong
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kcwong » 09 Jul 2009, 16:17

1. Get the fan-made game manual. It is approved by Ubisoft. It contains the skill trees so you can know what you're choosing.

2. There are skill wheel mods (one for original and one for each expansion) so you can look at the skill wheel in-game. Go search for them.

3. Enlightenment is an extremely powerful skill. It's abilities are not for everyone, but the skill is.

4. If you can hire additional heroes, don't pickup stuff with your main hero. Hire more heroes as "squires" and merge the army for your main, and let the secondary pickup stuff and ferry reinforcements. You main should do nothing but fight. Use the secondary heroes to scout so you don't waste movement points with your main.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”