The Cultist → Agrael's Decision

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
calmon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby calmon » 09 Jun 2006, 12:43

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/544

calmon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby calmon » 09 Jun 2006, 12:43

I tried this one time on the highest difficult level on my own. I can't defeat the emerald dragons at the end. Maybe i shoudln't wait and recruit to much creatures in the dwellings but without its hell too on this difficult level.

Jata
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Jata » 12 Jun 2006, 20:23

I can't see map of undergroud here. It shows Error 404 Not Found.

sumalmamus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sumalmamus » 13 Jun 2006, 16:31

I only had six dragons at the end on the normal setting, I had already beated at least that many two other times without loss. There is perhaps a "random monster" setting as in the previous versions map editors as I ran into mostly stacks of weakly minotaurs on the map, and tiny stacks of creature of the week.

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 13 Jun 2006, 21:38

The link to the underground map has been fixed.
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 01 Jul 2006, 11:38

I had 15 dragons on normal, but defeated them with minimal losses with quick combat.

As for the dragons guarding the Vessel of Shalassa shrine: there is absolutely no need to fight them, even without Scouting (I had Pathfinding, Quick Gating and Teleport Assault as Logistics abilities). Move as close to the dragons as you can, there is a point (slightly to the right) from where you can partially see the landing ramp. There should still be a thin patch of fog preventing you from sailing there, but it can be removed if you just walk along the shore. After that, you can completely bypass the dragons, land behind them, and have the Cartographer revealed. In fact, I couldn't find any other way to complete the map.

ScionHisi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ScionHisi » 16 Jul 2006, 11:55

I used to play Heroes 3 - 4 years ago, but I just started back up with V. Breezed through the The Queen with no problems then continued on to The Cultist. Made it the the last mission, yeah this one. Got through the entire mission (taking the necklace) with minimal casualities, and I never picked up any monsters except for 10 scouts (which proceeded to die by my Succubi). Anyhow, the point. Don't skip picking up monsters! I made it all the way through, took out the last two groups of Elder Druids, hoping they would be the last monster.

Got to the Emerald Dragon's with 5 Succubi left....

Since the one staircase going back down doesn't work, I get to start over. Yay me!

dbmayur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dbmayur » 27 Jul 2006, 07:00

I have about 30 dragons waiting for me...I guess I ll try to bypass them with sikons technique.

calmon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby calmon » 07 Aug 2006, 13:13

On hardest Level and with some recruiting weeks it were hundres and hundreds of dragons. Can't see any chance to defeat 500 and more emerald dragons.

NickMP
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby NickMP » 08 Aug 2006, 17:12

Did this on Hard and just found 9 dragons at the end, but I'd not taken the time to explore the northern 3 islands. The scenario is pretty strongly scripted (usually only a couple of options where to go next) but it's atmospheric, rather like some of the Robenhagen HOMM 4 maps.

aznricepuff
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby aznricepuff » 22 Aug 2006, 19:52

I got only 6 dragons at the end. The key is to get to the end as fast as possible, since at the beginning of every week every neutral stack on the map gains more creatures. Basically, dont pick a fight with every neutral creature you see, all it does is waste move points and potentially your units if you let them die. Also, get the sextant of sea elves as your bonus in the beginning, all of the other options suck.

Grail Quest
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Grail Quest » 28 Jul 2007, 03:10

Did it on Heroic and there were 25 Dragons! However, I went into the scenario with Urgash's Call and boy, it is Ultimate all right. Unless I was facing Druids, I won every combat without losses, including the dragons at the end. Maybe it was because of my Diplomacy skill, but every demon stack joined (and on Heroic, that's a lot of troops!)

Against druids, I got lucky (again, because of Diplomacy?) and picked up some minotaurs and Blood Maidens, which I fielded to avoid taking demon losses. Frenzy worked well to occupy the druids with themselves while I cautiously approached with my troops.

Remarkably straightforward, and tons of cash about so convert every chest to XP.

You may also want to forgo the Sextant as there is a lot of underground, and the tunnels will take you just about everywhere.

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 02 Oct 2008, 21:38

This map was fun exploring all the islands and the fog thing was a unique idea, it was a nice change of pace.

I noticed something weird though. After I finished the map I went into the main menu options to replay the dialogue and when I checked out the 3rd cut scene (Agrael's Decision - 3), it showed something that I never got and what looks to possibly be a location on the map that doesn't exist. In the cut scene it showed Agrael's boat near a whirlpool, a couple of derelict ships with debris scattered in the water, and a matrix of strange balls of light hovering in the air. My guess is that this is just something that didn't end up getting used in the map?

darius92
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby darius92 » 29 Nov 2008, 01:02

Mybae someone can help me out. I finish the game and watch the scene at the end. But when i click close on the screen afetr the game crashes. I have version 1.5.

some_pete
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby some_pete » 27 Jun 2009, 16:23

I fluked this mission, and I mean I won by fluke. Here's something you need to know: sailing around in a ship doesn't lift the black fog and you MUST go ashore to uncover it. First island - lookout tree. I then found a Magic Eye hut, and went on to the next more easterly island with the stairs. Down I went, kept right all the way and ended up on the inferno island with two critter generators. North of the 'start' island is another island that turned out to have a hill fort on it - upgrade time, two weeks worth of troops. On to the larger green island in the East, fought my way past 5 dragons (heavy losses) to find a shrine with the ship calling spell and the map merchant just south of the tip of the island with a handy ship near by. Summoned the ship, bought the map, and ended up .... on the island with the bridge after collecting another week's worth of critters (but not upgrading them). More dragons guarding the bridge: something good must be there! There were only 3, no match for 4 pit lords and 20odd cerberi and cut to Tieru sitting on a pile of rocks! Whoa, that was a surprise. Fastest and easiest mission I've played yet, except for the trainer in 'Tribes'. Clearly speed is the key here, and I had navigation and the sextant ... never even visited any of the northern half of the map (as I said, it was a fluke) and always took gold over xp; once I could summon ships I didn't bother to backtrack.

Sunlover
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sunlover » 04 Apr 2014, 18:21

FWIW, I just ran this on v1.06 Hard difficulty - it's really a joke, especially if you have Expert Light/Resurrection. I didn't lose any forces until I got to the "restock" island of demon forces, and even at the end with 19 Emerald Dragons (I was trying vainly to get Agrael to level 30, he only got up to about 29.25), I only lost about 15 Cerberi with Resurrection.

It seems to be a very good tactic to rush the Cerberi down to the end of the field (if you have Resurrection, maybe even if you don't have Light Magic) and let the Dragons take their shots, leaving the Succubi and Pit Lords unmolested.

I disagree that "completing this chapter as quickly as possible" is an absolute must-follow rule; given that it's the final battle, if you've done a decent job protecting your Succubi, Cerberi and Pit Lords with widespread destruction spells like Meteor Shower for the spread out forces, and spammed Implosion, I probably could have handled up to 30 Emerald Dragons fairly easily. I screwed up in not resetting my score table, so I'm not sure how many days it took me - going to run it again and see if I can get to 30.

One thing I did differently than others (at least if I understand everything I've read) was once I picked up the Pit Lords in the lower SE island guarded by treants, I once again headed to the island to pick up 2 weeks of creature generated allies. Then headed back west to the Hill Fort to promote them and moved onwards from there. This was for a "max stats" run though, not a speed run.

Alexyn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Alexyn » 08 Mar 2015, 22:57

Hello,

I'm in the middle of Agrael's Decision and I'm trying to summon the boat which is just a bit in front of me. I'm standing on the edge of the shore, slightly in the water, but when I open my spellbook, none of the spells are "in color" and although I just obtained the Spell of Shalasaa, I cannot cast it. Can anyone advise me on what I might need to do? Thank you.

Current state,

Level 25 Demon Lord

Spellpower at level 6

Mana is at 290

LunaticFringe
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: The Cultist → Agrael's Decision

Unread postby LunaticFringe » 21 Sep 2021, 23:58

How is everyone getting through all of the shooter stacks guarding the Huts, Hill Forts and Observatories without taking huge losses? By the time I got to the 58 Emerald Dragons, I only had 10 Pit Fiends left.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Re: The Cultist → Agrael's Decision

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 26 Sep 2023, 20:34

Agrael's Decision, Heroic, Max 40

Agrael came in at L30 needing about 500K xp for L31. Forget it, always take the gold. Let them run when possible.

Week 1, first north, then east.

Week 2, Wound clockwise to stairs thar gained access to 2 creature generators.

Week3, followed the walkthrough. Bought a ship.

Week 4-5, Went back and bought the creatures from weeks 3, 4 and 5. Twelve Pit Fiends Joined. My army is now 18 imps, 32 hell hounds, 41 Cerberus. 12 hell chargers, 29 succubus, 4 succubus mistress and 12 pit fiends.

Week 6, Swung back by the creature generators on the way to search for the hill fort.

Week 7, I was 11,500 gp short. Wish I hadn't taken any xp from chests.

Week 9, I'm lost. Went back and fought the 20 Emerald Dragons. Got out for 18 familiars after a few reloads. Left my large creatures on the bench, used three stacks of familiars to prevent the EDs from hitting my Cerberi and Succubus Mistresses on the first turn.

Week 10, bought the map. There was still a lot of "fog" left.

Week 12, 107 Druid Elders (just east of the center of the map) decimated my 89 cerberi, reloaded, split the cerberi into 3 stacks and that shuffled the timing so that I achieved a FLAWLESS VICTORY!

That got me access to a stairway which led to a dungeon passage to the finale. Fought 31 Emerald Dragons, significant losses.

No more battles, won 3,4,6!

Return to “Articles”