Random Map Generator heroes III bugged???

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
SnazzyHero
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Random Map Generator heroes III bugged???

Unread postby SnazzyHero » 17 Jun 2009, 14:39

Hey all, new here.

I was creating a random map in HOMM3 and selected land only no underground. Well, twice it created a map where I was completely locked in with no way out and no one could ever reach me. Anyone no whats up with that??

SnazzyHero
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SnazzyHero » 19 Jun 2009, 03:45

Well, I noticed its fine if I leave the underground option on. But its a shame that i cant create land only with no underground or else risk the possibility of being blocked in forever.

Can someone try it on theres and let me know if you get the same results? Sorry to bump this but it does seem a little dead round here.

JackintheMox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JackintheMox » 22 Jun 2009, 22:12

I've created plenty of maps with just surface, no underground. Some maps do occasionally create landlocked areas, although it is not common. Sounds like you've had bad luck. How many tests have you tried, just two? Try a few more, perhaps it is a template problem. There are a few great templates which I no longer have (wish I could find them) that present a great random map which I've never had landlocked problems with.

SnazzyHero
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SnazzyHero » 24 Jun 2009, 06:28

Hey, thanks for responding!

I did more than 2 tests. See, it actually started when I was playing this game for several hours. It was me vs 3 computer opponents. I took out 2 of them and was wondering how come I couldnt come across the third. Well, I decided to load up the map in the editor and thats when I found out to my horror that the third AI was blocked in forever. I was pissed cause like I said I spent several hours playing. Time I can never get back....

Anyways, yeah, I was just upset about it. It was my first real game playing 3 coming from V.

Oh, BTW, is there any workaround for this other than checking the map beforehand?

JackintheMox
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JackintheMox » 24 Jun 2009, 23:03

Not that I'm aware of, but again, I don't run into this problem much and I play a lot of random maps. Not sure what the problem is with the maps you are generating :/

Hopefully, someone can post the challenging templates that I unfortunately deleted while reformatting, since we're on this topic.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”