MM7 items and NPCs

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

MM7 items and NPCs

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 23 Jun 2009, 20:28

Wondering, do item and NPC bonuses stack? Like, an item that boosts armsmaster, and then the Weaponmaster to add to?
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 24 Jun 2009, 00:11

IIRC then yes - in MM7 my mage (which nearly always wear Scholar’s Cap) should have learning bonus about 40 (+15 cap and 25 from NPCs).
I will check it later.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 24 Jun 2009, 00:35

Iirc the only limits are:

- Two of the same item skill bonusses don't stack. This only applies to skill bonusses (like +2 to dark magic). Only the highest one is used.

- Two of the exact same NPCs don't stack. However, similar NPCs (such as a Banker and a Factor) do stack with each other.

So yes, items and NPCs stack with each other..
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 24 Jun 2009, 07:02

Macros the Black wrote:- Two of the same item skill bonusses don't stack. This only applies to skill bonusses (like +2 to dark magic). Only the highest one is used.
With some exceptions. I remember that Wallace (artifact +10 to armsmaster) stack with armor (+15 to AM). Same with ring (disarm trap +25) and Coirsar (artifact + 5 disarm).
But it was probably only exception (item + artifact/relic) - two rings with disarm traps (lets say +20 and +25) don't stack and only the highest bonus work.

EDIT:
Checked. My mage has +40 learning bonus (+15 from Scholar's Cap, +15 from Instuctor NPC and +10 from Teacher NPC).

Return to “Might and Magic”