The Chaos Conspiracy has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Qusari
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Qusari » 08 Jun 2009, 17:37

Hi All

First thanks for the mod ! And all your work. Finally a new game to play.

I am now at level 10 on adventure mode.

---------------------------------------------------

Here a couple of remarks I am not sure if they are bugs at all.

- I have Tobin the healer in my party, I had it about 3x times that my healer ( of the party) was unconscious when I used Tobin to heal my party, he healed all members correctly but the healer (of the party) was still unconscious after healing....

- I realised that all my party members have now Repair Item on Expert Level.........was that some kind of gift for a quest or something ? I am playing only with 1 savegame so I can not look up if I got those after having got the skill by buying for one of the party members....

Great mod sofar I like it...keep it up :)

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 08 Jun 2009, 18:08

Qusari wrote:Hi All

First thanks for the mod ! And all your work. Finally a new game to play.

I am now at level 10 on adventure mode.

- I have Tobin the healer in my party, I had it about 3x times that my healer ( of the party) was unconscious when I used Tobin to heal my party, he healed all members correctly but the healer (of the party) was still unconscious after healing....

- I realised that all my party members have now Repair Item on Expert Level.........was that some kind of gift for a quest or something ? I am playing only with 1 savegame so I can not look up if I got those after having got the skill by buying for one of the party members....

Glad you are having fun with the game.

The key to using Tobin is to heal before a member goes unconscious. Curing unconscious(ness) is a different condition that healing HP, and Tobin can't do that while with the party. Try resting for 5 minutes after the healing.

BTW ... When you finally do find Tamara, you've completed the first of Nine Chapters of the game. And then the 'fun' begins!

I see you've made it to Sutter's Bay. The Repair Skill is a 'gift' from a 'special' barrel someplace that you've visited. The game has a couple 'gifts' like this.

Have fun!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 08 Jun 2009, 20:42

Qusari wrote:Hi All

Hi Qusari, I remember you-modder for Wizardry games ,hope you enjoy this mod :)

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 09 Jun 2009, 11:48

I played it little, changes are visible everywhere and give some new atmosphere. So its full playable new game, just without extra graphics, which will be include later?

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 09 Jun 2009, 13:42

koval321 wrote:I played it little, changes are visible everywhere and give some new atmosphere. So its full playable new game, just without extra graphics, which will be include later?
This Beta2 release currently has 27 new and 14 'imported' creature sprite-sets and some other custom graphics, both 'stills' and SMK videos. You'll see these new graphics as you proceed through the game.

The Maestro is planning on doing more custom graphics before the final release.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 09 Jun 2009, 16:59

Any way t play this without a cd. I hate to put a cd in any time I want to play something. Perhaps a no cd patch?
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 09 Jun 2009, 18:28

There is a patch by GrayFace - perfectly work with nocd :)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 09 Jun 2009, 21:47

Ah it worked. Thank you, I will be playing the mod later on the night. Really curious what you guys made out of my favourite MM game ;)...

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 10 Jun 2009, 02:57

I palyed it a lil today, you ppl did a hard work!
You have from the start the feeling you play a
diffirent new game, and that's ofc good.

Now, my progress so far: not really big, I did the
mistake and chose the 2nd lvl of difficulty(warrior
iirc), and is...hard!(specially for me who I enjoy play
all combats mostly at turn based mode). I used a trick
to gain my fist experience/gold, killing the thieves at
New sorpigal(can't remember the new name now)
ouside of tavern on which I entered to take the free
party healing whenever was needed :proud:

Anyway, good job so far, I will post my comments later
to see more :)

edit: i would love to see new portraits/paperdolls at final
release. The only i think i dislike at MnM 6 is those...funny ugly
real life faces that has..haha.
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 10 Jun 2009, 05:51

darknessfood wrote:Ah it worked. Thank you, I will be playing the mod later on the night. Really curious what you guys made out of my favourite MM game ;)...
Do not to forget that patch works only with original MM6 - it will ruin the installed MOD! You should reinstall MOD again above the patch or in some places you could experience a problems (if MOD is already installed).
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 10 Jun 2009, 09:47

There is a new version. If you install the patch, it askes if you got TCC installed, if yes, you should unchecka box and then install. No problems then :)...

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 10 Jun 2009, 11:30

Am really enjoy this game, for me new paperdolls and items are not really necessary, most important are these new quest, features, monsters and difficulty (i like warrior level)

Unless i found huge bug, and am not sure this will stop my adventure:

Cavrn of the Rogue (hourglass quest) There is piles of gold on ground, but in fact these are items. When move cursor over gold you see message Get (book) Get elixir, Get key, thats ok but when you take Get (null) or Get (LothA) then game crash. Also it crash when try to view key description by right click on it. One pile of gold cause game crash even when just move cursor over it. And game crash when look in inventory at black elixir from this cave. The same when look at book. When drop key on ground, lt look now like key, but when move cursor over it game crash. I have probably twenty crashes in this one location! Somehow i can skip this, just be carefull with key (do i need to use it somewhere later?)

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 10 Jun 2009, 13:13

koval321 wrote:Am really enjoy this game, for me new paperdolls and items are not really necessary, most important are these new quest, features, monsters and difficulty (i like warrior level)

Unless i found huge bug, and am not sure this will stop my adventure:

Cavrn of the Rogue (hourglass quest) There is piles of gold on ground, but in fact these are items. When move cursor over gold you see message Get (book) Get elixir, Get key, thats ok but when you take Get (null) or Get (LothA) then game crash. Also it crash when try to view key description by right click on it. One pile of gold cause game crash even when just move cursor over it. And game crash when look in inventory at black elixir from this cave. The same when look at book. When drop key on ground, lt look now like key, but when move cursor over it game crash. I have probably twenty crashes in this one location! Somehow i can skip this, just be carefull with key (do i need to use it somewhere later?)
You should probably download the patch that was announced on this site several days ago (June 6). It takes care of the Cavern problem.

viewtopic.php?t=10108

Have fun!

BDJ

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 10 Jun 2009, 13:56

Still playing that great mod, I'm now at about level 25 lol

two SPOILS and questions down there (it is white-coloured, so that those who want to read just need to select the text):

I've got two quests with unclear location informations:

A guy in Jorsborg asks me to return the Crystal of Mana. I'm not sure if I missed something, but he gave me a key from a corpse found in the underground, but no other indication. If it was intended to put no indication, then don't tell me ^^ otherwise if there actually was any, please tell it to me.

In Port Sleigon, I'm asked to retreive a key in the "King's land" in order to enter a dungeon. What region is that King's land?

Thanks

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 10 Jun 2009, 14:21

kognefaure wrote:Still playing that great mod, I'm now at about level 25 lol

two SPOILS and questions down there (it is white-coloured, so that those who want to read just need to select the text):

Thanks
Glad you're enjoying the game thus far. As for your two questions ....

If you have rescued Tamara, you already have the answer you need about Question 1.

Question 2 Hint (in white) ...

The 'civilized' lands of Nimradur consist of several regions ruled by 'local' leaders; Lords, Barons, et al. Only one of the regions is ruled by a King. Discover which region and you have your answer.

Have fun!

BDJ

kognefaure
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kognefaure » 10 Jun 2009, 15:50

Wow, that second hint makes the story really interesting :)

Now, about the first one, I think I'm once again victim of a bug. See below in white, as usual now ;)

I did rescue Tamara. I just recalled something from this week-end: in the Underground, I found a locked chest. I used my knight who has disarm trap to open it, and who probably had the key Svarktel had given me too. The disarm failed, so the chest blew in my party's face before opening. But then, when I tried to open it again, it told me "The chest is locked", whoever character was selected.
I launched the game now and went back to that chest. Still the same problem, but in addition I checked in everyone's inventory: the key actually has vanished.
So if that was the right chest, I guess the key was only used at the moment of the disarm.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 10 Jun 2009, 20:28

kognefaure wrote:Wow, that second hint makes the story really interesting :)

Now, about the first one, I think I'm once again victim of a bug. See below in white, as usual now ;)

I did rescue Tamara. I just recalled something from this week-end: in the Underground, I found a locked chest. I used my knight who has disarm trap to open it, and who probably had the key Svarktel had given me too. The disarm failed, so the chest blew in my party's face before opening. But then, when I tried to open it again, it told me "The chest is locked", whoever character was selected.
I launched the game now and went back to that chest. Still the same problem, but in addition I checked in everyone's inventory: the key actually has vanished.
So if that was the right chest, I guess the key was only used at the moment of the disarm.
This should take care of the chest.

viewtopic.php?t=10115

BDJ

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Jun 2009, 20:37

BDJ, I think you would like "DataFiles" feature of the latest version of my patch. :) With it there's no need to repack icons.lod after events modification.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 10 Jun 2009, 20:56

GrayFace wrote:BDJ, I think you would like "DataFiles" feature of the latest version of my patch. :) With it there's no need to repack icons.lod after events modification.
Maybe so. However, what I have found is that most 'utilities' like this simply append the file to the end of the database and change the file 'pointer' to the new location. This is good as far as it goes, but it leaves the original file in-place within the database. So if this is done often, the database just grows, and grows, and grows during game development because of all of the 'orphaned ghost' files that still remain within the database.

However, can this feature be used as a stand-alone utility without installing the 'patch' into the game? If so, I'd be interested in trying it out.

Thanks for the info!

BDJ

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 11 Jun 2009, 08:16

You should probably download the patch that was announced on this site several days ago (June 6). It takes care of the Cavern problem.
I instaled TCCPatch_06_06 (raplace game.lod) but still have the same problem. Is there anything important in cave beside hourglass? Because i will skip this area, and continue playing.

Anyway i was unable to open this FTP site from pdf instuction, so i found mm6 1.2 patch by my own, here: http://users.icnet.net/~klar/Patches/MM6patch.html

Return to “Might and Magic”