GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
M4jky
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby M4jky » 19 May 2009, 22:15

After I have installed your patch everything stops working. My key changes, nocd option, walksound .... I don't know what to do with it in ini file everything seems to be allright but game won't run without cd. What should I do if I have already installed the newest patch and I want to play mp3s. Is it possible to reinstall the newest patch with the previous version or I must reinstall the game ? (sory for my english ;|).

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 May 2009, 10:51

You should recheck your files.
Are all of them were copied from CD? Is there all VID files copied?

Game must have all files and theorically shouldn't search files on the CD - after you check this - install patch and it will work without CD.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 Jun 2009, 14:32

Version 1.5 is released. All links are in the first post.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nelviticus » 09 Jun 2009, 18:32

Cool, thanks - you're a star! I wondered why I couldn't use Stone to Flesh :|

The links to the readme in your first post are wrong though, they point to the MM7 patch notes.

hobowu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hobowu » 10 Jun 2009, 08:03

does everyone else's No-CD work?
I still need to insert mine...

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 10 Jun 2009, 09:47

Mine works fine :)...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 10 Jun 2009, 10:20

hobowu, make sure you have Anims\Anims2.vid file in your game directory.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

hobowu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hobowu » 11 Jun 2009, 09:30

they're in my "Anims" folder...

edit: copy pasted them out of my anims folder. got it working now.
thanks for the help everyone :D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Jun 2009, 15:53

Please describe in detail how have you got it to work

Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nelviticus » 17 Jun 2009, 18:30

Hello there,

Since installing 1.5 I've noticed that the circus has vanished. It's not at any of the three locations - I have checked several times in different months.

I only noticed this after installing 1.5 but it may have happened earlier and may be nothing to do with the patch. I've previously installed 1.3 and 1.4.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 17 Jun 2009, 21:04

Mine works. Don't forget there are only 3 months when circuses are open. Blackshire one opens in February. While checking this I've noticed that Tab, - and + keys don't work in version 1.5. The new version is soon to come.

Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nelviticus » 17 Jun 2009, 21:57

Ahaaaaa. Thank you - the original site I was looking at seemed to imply that the circuses were in each place for 4 months. But the other site I use shows that it's just a few months. D'oh!

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 22 Jun 2009, 20:09

Great patch!
The best thing about it is the customizable keys and always run that's now finally in MM6 also. Something that MM7 and 8 had spoiled me with, heh :D

Anyway, about the PlayMP3 thingy.. does this allow me to add music to be played as well as the original music, or does this allow me to replace the original music with something else? This wasn't really clear to me. I'd love to be able to add music, but I don't want to loose the original music. So I'd prefer it if I could just add some music and then I hear custom music mostly and the original music every once in a while. I mean, I'm pretty sick of hearing only the original music after all these years obviously, but I don't want to loose it completely either. Thanks :)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 23 Jun 2009, 05:26

Currently the only way to add music is to place it in the Music folder and change mapstats.txt file. You can make it sound on some maps or dungeon, but instead of the original music of that map.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 23 Jun 2009, 22:15

Bummer. Are you planning on changing this so we can put in as much music as we like, or at least more than the number it is now, or would this be impossible/too much work for only a small addition? :)
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Jun 2009, 05:19

It's possible and the amount of work isn't big. But not in the version I wanna release today.

Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nelviticus » 24 Jun 2009, 17:52

You could just play MP3s in your player of choice, with a playlist that includes the MM6 tracks, and play MM6 at the same time. No need to build it into the patch.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 24 Jun 2009, 22:37

Nelviticus wrote:You could just play MP3s in your player of choice, with a playlist that includes the MM6 tracks, and play MM6 at the same time. No need to build it into the patch.
True, but if that's the case then there's no use for the playmp3 thingy at all. I think it's mostly meant for modders, though. But nevertheless, it would still be useful to me (and I actually just replied to something similar at another forum where they had a thread asking if Diablo 3 should have this option where you put your own music files in so I'm not in the mood to elaborate again :D)
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nelviticus » 25 Jun 2009, 18:24

I think the purpose of the MP3 part is so that you can play MM6 without the CD but still hear the game music. The fact that you can replace the MM6 tracks with your own is just a bonus!

Gay Lord
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Gay Lord » 26 Jun 2009, 00:03

Where do I get the mp3s for this? I've looked on my install and play CDs as well as the game files, and I don't see anything. All I have is an audio.snd file. Am I supposed to extract them somehow? What tool would I use for that?

Also, does anybody know how I can get the mm6 icon? I'd like to recolor it and use it as folder icons, any help would be appreciated.

Aside from that, let me say thank you GrayFace for all your effort in making this! Your work is appreciated, and has inspired to play again with an ironman peasant scavenger game. Thanks!

Return to “Might and Magic”