Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 22 May 2009, 06:51

I would probably volunteer my services for looking over the english grammar and spelling for you. (That's what I did/do along with Fnord for the WoG team during the pre release of WoG 3.57)
I may volunteer my services yet, but right now I have another project involving H4 and a new Mod that I want to concentrate on that seems to interest me for the moment.
I would recommend Koni also for these services as he helped me out tremendously on TRaFoS with the spelling and grammar.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 25 May 2009, 12:39

that would be awesome :) Maybe you would like to test our map to? :) We will need that in order to get optimal balance on it :) Then please contact me :)

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 25 May 2009, 12:55

ByteBandit wrote:I would recommend Koni also for these services as he helped me out tremendously on TRaFoS with the spelling and grammar.
As I offered before I could test your map, and look for typos and such in the story texts by this occasion as well. You know my address... ;)

@ByteBandit: Right now I started your H4-Map ASR, playing as red (Life/Order), actually in month 3, and I enjoy it. :)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 25 May 2009, 18:46

Off topic a bit:

@ Koni: It's a beautiful map is'nt it? The towns are incredible to look at. The map took me around 8 months to do. I'm waiting for BAD to finalize his new Mod which will go with the map. The map can be played without it, but I promsed BAD that I would introduce his Mod with the map. Thanks that you like it.

@HoP: If and when the project I am working on is completed, I will volunteer my services as best as I can to your project as time allows. Trust me, a campaign is not an easy thing to pull off, and if the writing is horrible, no one will play it twice, which, to me, is a successful campaign: to play it more than once.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Thanks Koni

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 27 May 2009, 20:15

@Koni

Many, many thanks for trying out one of the candidates for the release version of the first campaign's first map. As I wrote in my reply to you, it's been a pleasure working with you. You are one of the best map testers I've ever had both in my solo works and the current team work based multiple campaign project called Sighisoara. All suggestions you came up with have been succesfully incorporated into the planned release version. Once again, we owe you much, my friend.

@ByteBandit

Thanks for the offer of checking the texts for typos and errors in English grammary for us. We do need your help as a native speaker who can unarguably offer much more to our project than our own modest language skills ever can. The fact is that there are currently three non-English speakers making a full campaign (with possibly more than 5,000 words) in English which sets certain conditions and obstacles in our path.

Our modus operandi doesn't support first producing text in our native language (which there are three quite different ones to begin with), and then translating the text into English, which in turn would be followed by checking for typos and grammatical errors. We just make long story short and type things in English, and then sent the map onwards to the guy next in line for map making duties.

Ultimately such responsibilities rest on my shoulders thanks to the team having trusted me with seeing all texts free of grammatical errors and typos. A major task for sure, and even more so if we consider the fact that I'm a uni student majoring in general history and not foreign languages. But I soldier on, I remain forever the stubborn one. ;)

-Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 28 May 2009, 14:20

Yes Yurian it's always me starting to write a short text then you extend it and puts in cool new medieval looking words and such :) You make a commodore go pc, thats how good you enchance the texts! :D I truly love you for helping me out and you to Simon if you see this! :) We will make Heroes 3 get reborned together lol! :)

best regards, Maximilian The Knight! :)

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 29 May 2009, 20:43

just a quick update it looks as though part1 of the campaign is pretty much finished..theres been quite a bit of play testing and we are almost there..

part 2 is already on the way and the map itself as been built by myself, punk is adding the story today then i will touch it up and finish it. yurian will check it all and we will playtest it and so on.

cheers
maygwan

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Friday update!

Unread postby MadMax » 29 May 2009, 21:10

Yeah well let's put it this way instead Maygwan! :D
We have worked our asses of (mostly Maygwan and Yurian) trying to complete the first map which is like 99.9% finished. I have been working alot on part 2 now and I am glad to tell you that this part will have an even more intresting and developed history where you can find out more about "The Howling Champions Inn" and also more about Aurolas history, if you are indeed intrested of the story then you could even start writing the history behind the inn up because we will reveal more and more of that in each scenario you play :) Also we will release parts of the Aurolas history to, and in this part 2 of the first campaign you will get to know a little bit about the former kings of Aurolas, and also if you explore you may even find a message from another place in Sighisoara!

So yeah part 1 has been tested by Koni and we need someone to clean up the last grammary flaws and such and then it is 100% complete, god damn it feels great to say that after the 100 hours of work putted into this map :)

Part 2 is under development, but the development is indeed going fast forward and we all are working hard on it, I hope you all look forward for more updates and do not forget to post any questions you have or any ideas to. Or maybe you actually want to be a part of the team? Well pm me or something and we will talk! :D Or if you have questions just post them here :)

Stay tuned for some more kick-ass maps as this campaign rolls forward! :)

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 30 May 2009, 08:21

I'm ready to test map 2, if you want me to do so, send me the map please. Very promising what I've seen so far. ;)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 30 May 2009, 10:16

Thanks alot Koni :) Well we just need Yurian to do some touch ups then you can test it :) Also I will add more story parts and so on it later :) But that is something I can do after you tested it :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 01 Jun 2009, 19:52

Hows the testing going Koni?

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 01 Jun 2009, 20:02

I (Yurian) just lost against the Queen. She arrived on day 39 at the coast and conquered Bergost (?). Could have slain her about 100 minotaurs, but no chance against her summoned air elementals till her spellpoints were out. Report (with suggestions) follows tomorrow!

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 02 Jun 2009, 09:47

haha i had the same problem she pwned me too. but only once then i wooped her good :)

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 02 Jun 2009, 10:57

Same to me: I "allowed" her to attack Bregort, but with Yurian defending in the garrison. And Yurian was victorious, once she was out of spell points. Some days later Tarr arrived near the coast, but he was a piece of cake, since Yurian meanwhile had the 4 (arch)angels from the hut as reward for the vial of lifeblood. More follows in my report, as soon as I have finished the map.

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 02 Jun 2009, 11:27

how are you enjoying these 2 maps koni my email is maygwan@yahoo.com
can you send reports to me aswell. i wanted to know if you find them pretty well balanced and i also want to know if you find them challenging. my one concern with this campaign is to make it atleast very challenging...

i am just about to start part 3 of the campaign if theres anything you would like to see in this part koni let me know.

also one more thing when you complete part 2 coud you send me the heroes
attack/def ect stats without any artifacts. this will allow me to balance the enemy heroes for the third map.

cheers
maygwan

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 02 Jun 2009, 12:29

well guys, please do not say to much in the forums... xD

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 02 Jun 2009, 13:53

ok, HoP, :) and yes, maygwan, I will send my comments to all 3 of you in the evening (it's now 4 pm in Germany).

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 02 Jun 2009, 14:27

Thanks alot we all look forward to reading your report so that we may continue our work :)

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 03 Jun 2009, 22:21

Just a heads up all 4 of us have been working extra hard today on the campaign.

it,s coming along very nicely and we have made many changes to the original builds.

The third part is well under way and koni is gonna give it some hardcore play testing.

This is just an update to keep you all iformed of the progress.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 10 Jun 2009, 11:56

where are you, max? how are you doing? ;)

Return to “Heroes I-IV”