Any way to stop enemy hero from fleeing?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
apkairan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Any way to stop enemy hero from fleeing?

Unread postby apkairan » 29 May 2009, 19:33

Enemy heroes flee like a little rat as soon as the battle starts. This happens in almost every battle despite that fact that the strength between my heroes and enemy heroes are about equal.

Is there anyway to stop those heroes from fleeing from the battle?
Before the patch, they only fled in heroic difficulty but now they seem to flee in all difficulties.

I might as well as just use map editor and place shackle item right next to town but that would be my last resort.

I would like to know if there's any way to stop them from fleeing
via script or modding or etc.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 May 2009, 19:45

Kill their troops faster :tongue:

They really should do it like in Disciples... make fleeing take a while so that you can finish them off some times...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 30 May 2009, 05:59

RommeL_666
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby RommeL_666 » 31 May 2009, 14:42

ThunderTitan wrote:Kill their troops faster :tongue:

They really should do it like in Disciples... make fleeing take a while so that you can finish them off some times...
totally agree with you, fleeing in disciples at least cost you something,maybe they could do the same thing in heroes,make a button "flee" and then next time when that creature comes in turn he flees,until then you can take at least something.
"There are no desperate situations, there are only desperate people"
jeff wrote:Me to, I usually hire the two best looking female heroes. Ok a bit of a sexist, but if I am going to stare a pictures all day, I might as well enjoy the view. :devious:

kcwong
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kcwong » 02 Jun 2009, 05:02

RommeL_666 wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:Kill their troops faster :tongue:

totally agree with you, fleeing in disciples at least cost you something,maybe they could do the same thing in heroes,make a button "flee" and then next time when that creature comes in turn he flees,until then you can take at least something.
But that means low init troops/factions will be sitting ducks if they need to flee. They just wasted a turn and the opponent is free to abuse them with high init.

The fleeing army is already in trouble; either it has already lost most of its units or it is greatly outmatched. After fleeing it will have to purchase the hero and army back at a very expensive price. And you want them to suffer even more? For game balance (helping the underdogs, give them a chance to have a come back, and to give the stronger faction a better challenge), I'd say no to your suggestion.

I'd say the real problem is when and how frequently the AI flees, and that it has all the gold it needs (by cheating) to repurchase the hero and army back. Tweak that and fleeing won't be a problem.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 02 Jun 2009, 14:03

kcwong wrote:But that means low init troops/factions will be sitting ducks if they need to flee. They just wasted a turn and the opponent is free to abuse them with high init.
Then make it depend on the opponents turns instead. When the opponent hero ends his turn, you flee. By making it depend on the hero instead of creatures, spells such as slow and haste can't be an abusive tactic in this situation. And this ensures that the opponent's hero gets one turn before you flee.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Jun 2009, 17:15

Yeah, i was thinking more of the every stack retreats on their own... maybe even have them instantly go to their edge of the BF (which would be bigger then H5's) and wait there a short while (certainly not the entire turn).
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”