Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Tearing the Veil

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 21 Dec 2007, 01:08

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/722
Last edited by Pol on 12 Nov 2019, 21:41, edited 1 time in total.
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

Wulfstan8182
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wulfstan8182 » 21 Dec 2007, 01:08

awesome stuff!
Edited on Thu, Dec 20 2007, 23:42 by Wulfstan8182
:hanged: <--- You're the guy hanged if you ever dare to touch my blacksmith!

RustedSorrow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RustedSorrow » 20 Feb 2008, 10:27

Good and thorough walk through. A few spelling mistakes and tense errors here and there.

sygilber
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sygilber » 17 May 2008, 17:46

Very good walkthrough. However I'd like to add my 2 cents for effective alternative tactics for 3 parts of this mission.

1) When you get to the Hill Fort I like to regrade my Seraphs into Arch Angels for the simple fact that ressurection can help you much more during creeping of neutral encampments and in long term battles.

2) After you obtain the Archer Dream's set it's usually a real good idea to regrade you Crossbowmen into Marksman as the Unicorn Horn Bow already provides your shooters with the No Range Penalty ability.

3) I'm no campaign expert but it's always been my personal rule of thumb to get Expert Enlightment for any heroes over lvl 20. When you're that high level the stat bonuses you obtain from that skill are sick (around +10 primary stats).

Emodemon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Emodemon » 06 Jun 2008, 05:17

i think this is pretty bugged.

1. i couldnt install my tear in town with Zehir carrying it

2. grok starts running after you if you close the upper inferno town with the lion set

3. when grok hunted me up against that town, i took my town portal. AND I ENDED ON THE FIRST HALF OF THE BUGGY MAP

Emodemon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Emodemon » 16 Jun 2008, 17:59

i also find the second half impossible coz grok runs over me with 1k imps, 120 hell chargers, 19 arch demons etc on easy. in quick combat he still makes a overkill on me. i cant see where the "fair army clash" should be. i can rally nothing but around a normal multiplayer army you gather on 3 weeks.

i find this map totally impossible. kujins "one khan, one clan" was easy as i screwed all the pirates and the final battle up in their ******* head-first. i did the "challenge of the very might" with a army moderately better than the one advised to have. i killed orlando like a tyranosaurus against a fly coz i caravaned all the human idiots to the conversion factory, which meaned at month 4 i had the army u find tied up behind the purple border guard, 2k rot zombs and 2k skele archers, 78 ghost dragons, 500 vamps and 300 liches.

still, this is my limits.

Crosis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Crosis » 21 Sep 2008, 05:54

Suggestions, Emodemon (I know this was three months ago, but I'm just playing it now myself):

1) Make sure you have obscene amounts of gold and other resources when you end the first half of the map. This lets you build the town in the second half really quickly.

2) You start with a zillion dwellings flagged. Make use of them.

3) Run the normal upgrades over to the hill fort as soon as you can; you can't switch them in town. You may have to take the un-upgraded guys there too if you can't get the upgraded dwellings built quickly enough.

4) Get the Archer's Dream set before Grok comes out. It makes your Zealots ridiculous.

5) If you can manage it, keep your stacks away from your range troops (and split them, one in each corner). This makes it harder for the Succubus Seducers to stop your range guys from getting a shot.

That's more or less what I did, and I entered the battle with 10 (un-upgraded) Angels, 12 Champions, ~70 Zealots, ~350 Crossbowmen, ~200 Vindicators, ~70 Battle Griffins, and ~550 Brutes. Had 58 Zealots and 92 Vindicators left at the end of the battle.

dups
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dups » 10 Feb 2009, 02:40

dups can;t find the tear of ashra no matter how hard i search i was once had the shovel light up and dug but it said it was a little to the south but have not had the shovell ightup again

cjlee
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby cjlee » 02 Apr 2009, 11:09

I played this campaign on easy and normal.

On easy, my Freyda got all the standard knight melee and defense skills, including Unstoppable Charge. She had 70 mana only, so during her final battle against the underground Demon town the tide was turned only with her Unstoppable Charge and the Guardian Angel resurrecting when I almost lost. It was really scary, exactly as Maltz predicted. Can you imagine relying on offing a few Archdevils on every turn because your hero can't do anything else?

On normal, my Freyda wound up with expert enlightnment which I always get for my heroes. I also had expert Light. Then I tried to get some other skills, but kept winding up with Intelligence, Wiz Reward and Graduate. Also got sorcery and arcane training, which I didn't want but kept being offered. My Freyda had 285 mana.

This became incredibly useful later!

As you know, Succubi Mistresses always target marksmen first. And for me, conscripts are always standing by. Which means they get hit second. During the last battle the succubi offed most of my low level units pretty quick. When I cast divine vengeance, it really hammered them bad. Wiped out all succubi with Divine Vengeance alone!

I finished the battle with plenty mana to spare and most of my better units. If I recall right, I lost zero archangels. A seemingly 'inferior' knight build on Normal turned out much, much easier than a seemingly 'superior' knight build on Easy.

kofta
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kofta » 06 Apr 2009, 01:42

guys i want to know about that secret place i found underground to the far south west where a lot of different creatures gathered together and that strange cresture which u put his pic on ur post

what is this place ?

is thier a way so i can get thier ? even with a cheat ?

illusionist
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby illusionist » 23 May 2009, 05:08

I have read a lot of this walkthrough and it really helped me a lot on the game, so I feel like contributing a little bit (even though this has been out for a long time).

The key to this level is to build up Freyda good enough for the last level, and the challenge, as I see it, is the mana consumption for Freyda (even if I spammed Haste to trigger Freyda's specialty, it was still not enough to kill everything). So after a few failures I decided to do something different, something that does not use mana...

And that is to use UNSTOPPABLE CHARGE.

As it turns out, this is VERY effective. Under normal circumstances you do not want to use Unstoppable Charge, since to use it you have to let your creature get hit, and that often results in losses. For this scenario, however, you just need to beat the enemy regardless of your losses, so Unstoppable Charge seems reasonable. What I did in the final battle, roughly, was that I put Retaliation Strike on my griffons, stick them into the castle wall, let the computer gangbang it, and try to keep the griffon stack for as long as possible. The result was pretty nice, since with Unstoppable Charge Freyda managed to kill 7-8 Devils with each strike (!!!) and other things also dropped like flies. Eventually all my griffons died, but the computer was devastated and I was able to win with reasonable ease.
Edited on Sat, May 23 2009, 01:27 by illusionist

jiannette
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby jiannette » 17 Aug 2009, 22:38

To those who cannot find the tear of ashra. After finding all oblisks and going to spot indicated on your map, do this. Go as close to the spot as you can, then click for time to pass. On a fresh turn, you will see the dig symbol (shovel) instead of movement symbol (horse). Click on the shovel and you will dig that spot. If you are close, you will be given a hint where to try next. Follow advise and go to the spot, click for time to pass, thereby getting shovel symbol again. Dig again. Keep doing this until you pinpoint the correct spot.

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 14 Sep 2009, 02:41

I don't know how this double posted, sorry
Edited on Mon, Sep 14 2009, 00:19 by Wheeler Dealer

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 14 Sep 2009, 04:17

I guess I need a basic tatics lesson. I go into the battle to complete the first half of the mission with a level 28 hero and a stack of obs. gargoyles or steel golems and I'm dead after summoning a pheonix and a stack of air elementals.

It's the last day of month one so I haven't huge stacks of anything. Summoning is Zahir's only magic skill but he has all the big spells.

How in the world can you win this battle with a stack of gargoyles?

Wheeler Dealer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Wheeler Dealer » 15 Sep 2009, 15:54

I took aother 3 weeks, sent a level 21 haven hero to finish the underground and he brought back the ring of broken will which was a big help. Zahir spent much of the time at the memory mentor, eventually achieving Arcane Omnisiecence. Then I got rid of summoning magic hoping for logistics but I eventually settled for leadership.

I bought 119 obsydian gargoyles and equipped them with an artifact with +7 HP, +9 defense and 78% magic protection. I wore the ring of the broken will and the inferno army missed several turns giving me precious time. I cast puppet master on the nightmares and used them to shield the gargoyles. The rest was easy, although I did lose 46 of my gargoyles. I guess my original attempt was just unrealistic.

andy0682
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby andy0682 » 01 Nov 2009, 08:27

@Wheeler Dealer: I beat the demon troops to finish the 1st half of this mission by using just 7 stacks of 1xObsidian. I have the replay but i don't know how to make a download link like the ones maltz used to illustrate his 6 stacks of chieftains whipping the cyclops in the final mission of the campaign #2. Anyway, what i did was deploy my troops in 2 coners of the field, and then use the elementals that were summoned after a few of my Obs got killed (thx to Zehir's specialty) to create blockage formation against large units (dont bother w/ the formation against small units because the succubus just happened to love shooting at the inner-most guy). I have Arcane Omniscience so i used dark magic almost through out the fight to disable the enemies. The important thing in this strat is that u dont let the small dudes have a chance to take a shot at your troops, I PM'ed the Cerebus, used em to kill off imps & demon overseer, frenzied succubus, etc, blind one of those Devils or Nightmare (I blinded the Devils, after frenzying them in the very first turn so that they can open a can of whoop ass on the Pitlords next to them, even though i doubted that was necessary). Pitlords are slow and his spells are useless in this fight, so dont worry too much about them. I even had room to summon a Phoenix and some 100+ elementals toward the end of the fight. Generally, Zehir will have enough turns to keep disabling the demons, PM/Blind will also last long enough through out the fight , careful when the frenzied succubus hit the blinded units. I came out the winner w/ only 1 Obs alive. Try it out and good luck.

Btw, can someone show me how to make a download link please?

andy0682
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby andy0682 » 02 Nov 2009, 04:54

Edited on Sun, Nov 01 2009, 23:55 by andy0682

milan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby milan » 26 Jan 2010, 15:52

Guys, help me pls! I send the priests to their places, I teleport the city to near the site, I find the tear of Asha... I go back to the ritual site, the caption says: "Hey, you're good man, blah blah, let's perform the rite!" ... and then nothing. Nothing happens. AM I supposed to be doing something? I've tried lots of things, nothing worked. How can I make the rite work? I'm just pinned down at that moment, I dunno what to do> Is that a bug? Pls respond and help!

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 30 Jan 2010, 12:22

milan - Are u using Zehir to perform the ritual. Move him to the centre of the Ritual Place.

soulslayer2k
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby soulslayer2k » 07 Feb 2010, 19:13

Hello Milan,

Where you found the tear of Asha???

Return to “Articles”