Hypergames Might & Magic Jumper Series Lore Thread

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
LilithBD
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Hypergames Might & Magic Jumper Series Lore Thread

Unread postby LilithBD » 05 May 2009, 21:37

Hi All

Firtly I would like to assure everyone that these mods are still progressing rapidly and Episode one, is now in Beta 3 Testing as we speak. All that remains then is the voice acting to put in place, which will not take long as all the necessary equipment is at our disposal.

I as the main Interior Designer and Decorator have only come across one problem which I would like to throw open for assistance to all at Celestial Heavens.

As you all know the Jumper Series Mod is being made in the Oblivion Editors etc, so naturally all the book contents are written on oblivion, and whilst it is ok to use these books as markers or for screen shot purposes. It is not realistic for a player to play our mods for Might & Magic only to find Oblivion books and content.

I have gone back to playing some of the earlier Might & Magic games in the hope of finding books to use with the correct history, but there does not seem to be any thus far.

Therefore if any of you Might & Magic Enthuiasts can help me create a full library for the Might & Magic Series to add to the realism in game, I would be most grateful.

Whilst you will know with mods there is no payment available, any persons helping out and contributing will of coures be named in the credits for this mod.

We are looking to be able to write books on History, Lore, Magics, Armours, Weapons, Religions, Lands, Geography's etc for the Might & Magic Jumper Series. All and any assistanced would be most welcomed. If you feel you could help in anyway please contact me through our forum at http://hypergame2k8.yuku.com or post a reply here at Celestial.

Thank you all for your support with this mod

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 May 2009, 17:39

If you have HoMM1, MM6 and MM7 you can easy find all needed texts.
Manual in HoMM 1 have story of Morglin Ironfist and most of NPC text files in MM6 and MM7 have history information (as also item descriptions). You only need to export these files from icon.lod or event.lod files (using MM7view or MM8level editor programs).

Also you can search Round Table for interesting topics and ask Corlagon for his version of timeline doc or other information.

PS I can export these "historical" texts if you have problems with MM6 or MM7.

LilithBD
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LilithBD » 08 May 2009, 10:06

Thanks for the reply and information Avonu, it is most helpful. I was hoping to catch Corlagon at some point as his knowledge is outstanding. I will have a search through the information you have given me and see what I can turn out from this.

Once again thanks for your input. Making an M&M library in the Oblivion Editor will be quite a challenge for me, lol

Return to “Might and Magic”