Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
phantom715
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Sea Serpent -> Haspid

Unread postby phantom715 » 20 Apr 2009, 11:35

bonecollector wrote: the Sea Serpent doesnt really look like a DOWNgraded version of the Haspid to name it that way. Both look awesome for their own, but i would tweak the looks a bit further so it really reflect the status. Atm, they look different but from the looks its really hard to decide whos the weaker one.

Usually all (original) non-upgraded creatures have a "slumdog-look" compared to its upgraded version (e.g the angels / archangles) and u can easily derive its status just from the view.

mho remove the cobra-style neck from the Sea Serpent , then the Haspid looks really superior.
Agreed, but also:
Spartak wrote:Image Image
Absolutely breathtaking! Well done! :tsup:
Hold a hard drive to your ear - listen to the C:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 20 Apr 2009, 12:31

The gethota page is under construction. Does this mean you are working on getting it download ready :P...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 20 Apr 2009, 13:21

I'm not sure. Addon isn't even on beta-testing.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 20 Apr 2009, 13:56

The beta is public IIRC...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 20 Apr 2009, 15:55

The tentative open beta release is thought in end april-may.

PhoenixZ7
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PhoenixZ7 » 23 Apr 2009, 17:12

from where you can download?

means that the beta version? I understand that something is incomplete but at what level? is the beta version will have 3 new castles? and that all creatures can evolve to 4 levels? This is most important.

greetings

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 23 Apr 2009, 17:17

WTF?? :?
C'mon, you can't be serious, read my post ABOVE mine, please.
And read the first page, there you have ALL your anwsers.
Patience is less common than the common sense

phantom715
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby phantom715 » 23 Apr 2009, 17:17

PhoenixZ7 wrote:from where you can download?

means that the beta version? I understand that something is incomplete but at what level? is the beta version will have 3 new castles? and that all creatures can evolve to 4 levels? This is most important.

greetings
From the website in the forum you can download.
Beta, the version yes.
Forum the have castles read how many tell you.
I think the maximum upgrade for a creature is three levels, but I don't think we know all of the details of the upgrades; I don't want to say for sure, as I defintely don't know for sure.
Important more that read forum whole you.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 24 Apr 2009, 03:48

phantom715 wrote:
PhoenixZ7 wrote:from where you can download?

greetings
From the website in the forum you can download.
Beta, the version yes.
Forum the have castles read how many tell you.
I think the maximum upgrade for a creature is three levels, but I don't think we know all of the details of the upgrades; I don't want to say for sure, as I defintely don't know for sure.
Important more that read forum whole you.
My head just exploded from all that bad English, but I will attempt to answer your question nonetheless.
EVERYTHING IS ON THE FIRST PAGE. The beta will be released within a month, only having one of the new towns (the cove) and not all the features, the two other towns will be released in later versions. There are alternate creature choices, not more upgrades.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

PhoenixZ7
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby PhoenixZ7 » 24 Apr 2009, 17:03

I do not speak English, so I write badly, ok?

want quick answers to avoid having to read 15 pages in a language I do not understand, and I saw nowhere that it said it asked.

Thanks for your answers.

iban believed to have read that all units have 4 turns, but is not to put photos of the same unit evolved 4 times (notice the physical changes that you are doing it) and then say that they are not going to do.

will be just a castle? well I guess that will have some other important things, I had high hopes for this patch as it only has 1 extra Castle and no evolution.

will have to wait for the full version which will have at least 3 castles more ...

Pim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pim » 26 Apr 2009, 11:30

if it is a stupid idea you must say it but perhaps for later a evil angel castle :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

phantom715
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby phantom715 » 28 Apr 2009, 19:01

Pim wrote:if it is a stupid idea you must say it but perhaps for later a evil angel castle :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Wouldn't that be the inferno? :??

Pim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pim » 30 Apr 2009, 13:18

phantom715 wrote:
Pim wrote:if it is a stupid idea you must say it but perhaps for later a evil angel castle :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
Wouldn't that be the inferno? :??
no i mean angels of death and that kind of creatures :devil:

phantom715
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby phantom715 » 30 Apr 2009, 13:43

Pim wrote:no i mean angels of death and that kind of creatures :devil:
That strikes me (ouch!) as an undead type of creature. The 'angel of death' is primarily viewed as a grim reaper style being. We already have an undead castle, not to mention the duplication and "infringement" on the Age of Wonders series, as there is a wraith, and a reaper.
Last edited by phantom715 on 01 May 2009, 11:28, edited 1 time in total.

ketchua
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ketchua » 01 May 2009, 09:28

wow... I've been checking the dl page five times a day. You've got yourselves another fanatic beta tester. :)

You guys are doing a great job. I have a feeling that this game is going to be all that WoG was suposed to be.

sick-boy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sick-boy » 01 May 2009, 09:37

phantom715 wrote:
That strikes me (ouch!) as an undead type of creature. The 'angel of death' is primarily viewed as a grim reaper style being. We already have an undead castle, not to mention the duplication and "infringement" on the Age of Wonders series.
I do not think of the undead nor infernal castles. "Angel of Death" realtes to an actual angel-like creature, but evil. So perhaps a combination of the undead and infernal castles, so to speak... Or an altered version of the Castle castle, with an evil angel (Angel of Death) as level 7 creature? :proud:

But anyway we've got the inferno and necro castles, so... However i do not actually see why an evil-angle-like-castle should be necessary?

(Long live the mighty Tower!!! :devious: )

sick-boy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sick-boy » 01 May 2009, 09:41

Btw... Can't wait for HoTA to come out! I'm kind of checking the download site every hour! ;|

You guys, the crew behind HoTA, have done some seriously nice stuff to the old fashion Heroes of Might and Magic III, which i believe is the greatest in the Heroes of ... series.

Pim
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Pim » 02 May 2009, 06:56

sick-boy wrote:
phantom715 wrote:
That strikes me (ouch!) as an undead type of creature. The 'angel of death' is primarily viewed as a grim reaper style being. We already have an undead castle, not to mention the duplication and "infringement" on the Age of Wonders series.
I do not think of the undead nor infernal castles. "Angel of Death" realtes to an actual angel-like creature, but evil. So perhaps a combination of the undead and infernal castles, so to speak... Or an altered version of the Castle castle, with an evil angel (Angel of Death) as level 7 creature? :proud:

But anyway we've got the inferno and necro castles, so... However i do not actually see why an evil-angle-like-castle should be necessary?

it was only a idea :(

sick-boy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby sick-boy » 02 May 2009, 08:05

Pim wrote:
sick-boy wrote:
phantom715 wrote: That strikes me (ouch!) as an undead type of creature. The 'angel of death' is primarily viewed as a grim reaper style being. We already have an undead castle, not to mention the duplication and "infringement" on the Age of Wonders series.

it was only a idea :(
fair enough... :) I'm just thinking with you :D sort of...

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 03 May 2009, 22:15

Sooo... Its May now. That means that Version 0.1 is supposed to be released soon. I'm excited.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”