GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
grommo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

weird graphic error

Unread postby grommo » 18 Feb 2009, 09:26

Hi! I started using your 1.3 patch yesterday and all was fine and dandy, worked super ;). But when i started the game today, it had a graphical error. It consists of "coloured stripes" running parallel vertically about 2 centimetres apart on the screen. I guess this is a video/graphic issue, but i can't seem to solve it myself, could you help me somehow? :baby:

ADD: When i took a screenshot of the problem, i got a much smaller picture of 640x480 resolution with (note this) NO video errors whatsoever (even when i zoomed in/ resampled to 1280x960!!!). (I'm running fullscreen with 1280x1000 resolution, which worked flawlessly yesterday...) Any hints? ;|

NVM! Got it to work by using the Play CD ;)

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 22 Feb 2009, 12:02

thank u very much! :hoo:

but i've tried to replace the key PGDN(34), END(35) and DELETE(46) by some other key in [Controls] of mm6.ini, but it doesn't work. the other replacements of keys work fine. could you help me? thanks! :tired:

Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nelviticus » 10 Apr 2009, 23:05

I just wanted to say a big "thank you" to GrayFace for this patch. I have spent most of this afternoon trying to get my old copy of MM6 to work on my Windows XP box then I found this site. Not only does your patch make the game work it also adds some great new functionality, so:

THANK YOU! :-D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 18 Apr 2009, 10:38

Version 1.4 is released.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 18 Apr 2009, 16:41

GrayFace wrote:Version 1.4 is released.
U the man Grayface, what's new in this patch????

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 18 Apr 2009, 17:14

Everyting is in the first post. You may be surprised by some new things :)
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 18 Apr 2009, 17:29

GrayFace wrote:Everyting is in the first post. You may be surprised by some new things :)
Maybe I did something wrong, but I've been re-coding all the shrines to give you the bonus without having to visit the seer, I noticed that Blackshire has two entries in the .str file, one for +10 fire Res and one for +10 Magic, not sure off hand what the original shrine in Blackshire gave you, 10 fire res or 10 Mag Res, but it's giving 10 magic and I think Frozen Highlands was sposed to give 10 Magic, am I right? Did I mess it up or is it something you changed in your patch??

Also, if I install your new patch it means I'm going to have to go in and change all the values for class HP/SP that I modded right? Not that it's a big deal, just wondering. The new features sound great, I can't wait to try out the new music option.
Last edited by motter28218 on 18 Apr 2009, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 19 Apr 2009, 15:40

motter28218 wrote:
GrayFace wrote:Everyting is in the first post. You may be surprised by some new things :)
Maybe I did something wrong, but I've been re-coding all the shrines to give you the bonus without having to visit the seer, I noticed that Blackshire has two entries in the .str file, one for +10 fire Res and one for +10 Magic, not sure off hand what the original shrine in Blackshire gave you, 10 fire res or 10 Mag Res, but it's giving 10 magic and I think Frozen Highlands was sposed to give 10 Magic, am I right? Did I mess it up or is it something you changed in your patch??

Also, if I install your new patch it means I'm going to have to go in and change all the values for class HP/SP that I modded right? Not that it's a big deal, just wondering. The new features sound great, I can't wait to try out the new music option.
Hello big guy. I'm weak at writing English so i will make it shot.

Doest it possible for you to include all great things from Grayface to your mod. Otherwise none of you two best effort will be wasted.

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 19 Apr 2009, 15:55

phamlongtuan wrote:
motter28218 wrote:

Hello big guy. I'm weak at writing English so i will make it shot.

Doest it possible for you to include all great things from Grayface to your mod. Otherwise none of you two best effort will be wasted.
Very good question,when I release the final version I will have a read me STRONGLY urging everyone to install Grayface's path to play my mod because yes I am writing the mod with his patch installed, I advise everyone to install his patch anyway even if not for the sake of my mod jsut for the fact that most new computers won't play these games anymore, big thanks to Grayface for allowing this great game to continue on new systems.

Otter

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 19 Apr 2009, 17:06

Will the new 1.4 version automatically overwrite 1.3, or do I have to find some way to get rid of 1.3 first?

EDIT
Okay, I installed 1.4 and it seemed to install over 1.3 just fine.

How do I turn OFF 'always run'? That's going to drive me crazy if I can't turn it off. I have my own left-handed keyboard technique that I've practiced for years, and my left pinky needs to be pushing down on that shift key.

I'd like to move that F11 quicksave to a more preferred key. I assume I can do it in that MM6.ini file, BUT,

Where do I find the .ini file to make changes? I looked in the program data file and didn't see it. Is there a console I have to open? If so, I don't know how to do that either.

I noticed my walksounds were on - that's fantastic.

I haven't said it yet, but thank you for this mod. I always appreciate the hard work of modders.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 20 Apr 2009, 08:35

Yes, it installs over previous versions without problems. And there's actually no way to uninstall it other than creating a backup prior to installing it.
mm6.ini is in the game directory. It is created when you first run the game.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 20 Apr 2009, 16:34

Well, there's no .ini file in my game directory for some reason, but there are two notepad files that contain configuration settings. They are labeled "mm6" and "mm6lang" and they have a few of your changes in them such as "fixwalksound=1" and "alwaysrun=1", and "quicksave=11".

The icons on the two files are notepads with big cogs over the top of them.

The features like adding mp3 files are there, but the lines to change keyboard commands are not there. (e.g. no lines for changing move forward, move back, turn-based mode, attack, cast spell, or any of that stuff.)

The features that are there are headed by a bracket that says [SETTINGS].
At the end of the list of features, there is another one that says [CONTROLS], implying that the rest of the features should follow, but the screen ends there - it is nothing but blank empty space under [CONTROLS].

All I can figure is that there must be some incompatibility with a previous install of mok's patch, or something else I installed and forgot about, such that I would probably need to uninstall and reinstall the program to get the .ini file back in there.

EDIT - an hour later
I played a while in Ironfist and New Sorpigal to see what's different. Great work! The archery shows up properly instead of 'MT', whatever that means. Quicksave is nice to have.

I found a bug, maybe. One of the fountains in front of Castle Ironfist doesn't work, for some reason. Everything else seems to be working.
Last edited by BMJedi on 20 Apr 2009, 17:47, edited 1 time in total.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 20 Apr 2009, 17:44

These are the INI files. Your Windows isn't configured to show file extensions.
Change "alwaysrun=1" line to "alwaysrun=0" there. And change "QuickSaveKey". Key codes are listed in "MM6Patch ReadMe" file. BTW, I can make a program to change them easily.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 20 Apr 2009, 17:49

Grayface, thanks, it's a truly fantastic mod.

Read my edit, above. There is nothing but blank space under [CONTROLS].

It's not a deal-breaker for me or anything, but it would be nice to have the re-mapping functions.

Nelviticus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nelviticus » 20 Apr 2009, 20:45

You only add entries to the [CONTROLS] section for keys that you want to change. For each key you want to change you have to add a line that basically says 'default key = new key'.

For instance, the default key for 'move forwards' is the up-arrow, which has a key code of 38. If you want to change 'move forwards' to 'w' (key code 87) you have to add a line that says:
Key38=87

It's hard to get your head around at first but it works.

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 20 Apr 2009, 22:40

Nelviticus, thanks, I get it now.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Apr 2009, 14:42

Version 1.4.1 is released. It fixes keys mapping for special keys like Page Up
To upgrade from version 1.4 or 1.3 use this update: http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm ... Update.rar

motter28218
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby motter28218 » 21 Apr 2009, 18:05

GrayFace wrote:Version 1.4.1 is released. It fixes keys mapping for special keys like Page Up
To upgrade from version 1.4 or 1.3 use this update: http://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm ... Update.rar
Hey Grayface, great job, just wondering, I still can't get music to play, I made the music folder like you said, renamed all the files starting at two, changed playMP3 to 1, still nothing, what am I doing wrong?? Thanks.

Otter

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 22 Apr 2009, 06:34

Maybe you should to turn on a loud music or in mm6 options.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 22 Apr 2009, 18:52

motter28218 wrote:Hey Grayface, great job, just wondering, I still can't get music to play, I made the music folder like you said, renamed all the files starting at two, changed playMP3 to 1, still nothing, what am I doing wrong?? Thanks.
Oops, I forgot to include some MP3 related files in the update. It can be only installed on version 1.4 then.

Return to “Might and Magic”