Invisibility and AoE spells

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Invisibility and AoE spells

Unread postby Metathron » 13 Apr 2009, 11:54

Why doesn't fireball affect invisible stalkers? It's invisibility, not invincibility, for crying out loud! :mad:
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 13 Apr 2009, 18:19

It doesn't? I remember it does :|
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 13 Apr 2009, 19:38

Meteor shower is also not affecting them fockers, it's really annoying at a times. ;|

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wurtzel » 13 Apr 2009, 23:26

I to don't have any problem with area spells hitting invisable creatures, provided they are in the area when you cast them....
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 14 Apr 2009, 08:36

Well, I don't know what is going on then. The stalkers went invisible, then it was my hero's turn to cast fireball, and nothing, unless the stalkers went invisible and moved in the same turn? ;|
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 14 Apr 2009, 13:37

That isn't as impossible as it sounds. I've seen some really strange things with initiative.

Blood furies getting morale can go twice in a row.

For example with the latest patch imbue arrow doesn't appear to take any initiative. But Elvin used it and it jumped his hero behind the next thing in the queue.

Edit: remind me what happens if someone has the fire cape and fire resistance ability? Is it 75% resistance?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 14 Apr 2009, 19:06

PhoenixReborn wrote:For example with the latest patch imbue arrow doesn't appear to take any initiative. But Elvin used it and it jumped his hero behind the next thing in the queue.
This happens if the hero has the same ATB of 1 as the next creature in the queue. For example, with Imbue Ballista ability, since it resets the hero's ATB to 0 every time the ballista shoots, both the hero and ballista will have an ATB of 0 afterward. And since they have same initiative, they have the same ATB. The hero goes first but if he uses Imbue Arrow it will come after the ballista.
Edit: remind me what happens if someone has the fire cape and fire resistance ability? Is it 75% resistance?
You mean the Dragon Flame Tongue which provides +50% fire resistance? Then yes.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

blizzardboy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby blizzardboy » 16 Apr 2009, 07:40

? AoE Destructive spells should work.

What doesn't work is mass debuff spells, which I think is lame. Or at least mass decay/mass vulnerability doesn't work.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”