PC problems thread

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Feb 2009, 17:23

Dif products... (or so they say) the idea is the same...

no more freezes yet... here's hoping.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Apr 2009, 12:48

Yes, finally. Preliminary tests of my computer show that it may be working. Temps are 29-35°C for HDD, 30-39°C for CPU and SYS sensor and 50°C for the graphic.

nview (manager) is serving well, only thing that chassis is currently open, so before closing it I will be forced to apply proper cooling on the chipset and psu.

* loosing second hdd, not booting
> here was somewhere a loose contact in the welland box, thus box is out
note: order of the hdd can change after plugging/replugging usb devices, bit strange

* nv4_disp stuck in infinite loop
new driver from nvidia site seems to fixed it, let see after while

When windows will be done I will move to testing the Suse.. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Apr 2009, 14:13

Had my PC out on the porch for some spring cleaning. Convenient here since it's always wind, helps carry the dust away. Went astray when reattaching the CPU-fan and the cooling rib thingumajig, because the locking-mechanism kerjiggers were damned fiddly.

But now it works again, after a few false starts. I'm always anxious starting my PC after having had it open, since experience shows that the odds of it working after I have been rummaging in it is at best 50/50. This time it failed once, so I re-opened it and jiggered the kerjiggers properly in place, and Bob's my uncle.

PS: I hope that wasn't too technical :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 13 Apr 2009, 14:30

Ethric wrote:Had my PC out on the porch for some spring cleaning. Convenient here since it's always wind, helps carry the dust away. Went astray when reattaching the CPU-fan and the cooling rib thingumajig, because the locking-mechanism kerjiggers were damned fiddly.

PS: I hope that wasn't too technical :D
:lolu:

No, I think we get it. I cleaned mine out when I installed my new video card.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 13 Apr 2009, 18:29

I clean my PC regularly once every 1.5 months or so :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 13 Apr 2009, 20:38

Asheera wrote:I clean my PC regularly once every 1.5 months or so :D
LOL 8| that's more frequent that I clean mine ;| (~2 months or 2.5)
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Apr 2009, 09:14

Funny story... after the last post the PC still froze... then i tried to do a switch with a friend, but his power source proved unable to run my video card... and of course after i put the video card back in my motherboard it stopped freezing... and the thing you use to hook the card (jutted edge ?) to the motherboards retention thingy was a bit eaten... so obviously those morons didn't put in the card well when they replaced the motherboard...

Of course my friend did own me something like this because last time i saw him before my bike got a flat 5 minutes later...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 15 Apr 2009, 00:10

Wait, you actually did not try before to plug it harder as a probable solution?
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Apr 2009, 08:19

Yeah, without pulling it out it didn't much budge... i'm thinking the retention hook might have had something to do with it, or maybe something was in there that came out while lugging it over to my friends and back etc...

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 16 Apr 2009, 23:19

You mean you didn't open it up before? Everytime there's a problem, run the damn computer without case to see if something happens :D (mostly works for temperature control though).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Apr 2009, 08:32

I mean i didn't take the card out of the MB slot...

Avea o chestie care sa o tina p placa de baza, in genu cum au placutele de RAM. Cand am dat-o jos p aia "carligu" placii video era un pic ros... deci nu intrase cum trebe...

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 04 Jun 2009, 18:44

Not sure if this quite qualifies as a PC problem but here goes: I'm looking to upload my portfolio to the web. So I'm looking for a site that will let me upload a lot of pictures, and will let other people view those pictures even if they themselves aren't members. I tried MySpace, but that requires you to be a member even to just view them.

Any recommendations?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Jun 2009, 18:45

photobucket?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 04 Jun 2009, 19:32

imageshack?
(& crowds of others ;) )
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Jun 2009, 00:41

Facebook, Flickr, Google...

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 05 Jun 2009, 00:42

Giving Photobucket a shot; will let you know how it goes.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Jun 2009, 01:43

IMO Photobucket is the best, easy links and such and you can even organize your albums (which are like 'folders') and name your files. This way you can even remove the file and upload another with the same name, and all your old links will still work (and display the new pic). Sort of an 'update'
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Jun 2009, 05:57

If you want to go all out there's DeviantArt, but it cost some dough for a proper account.

For free Photobucket is the best i've used when it comes to options...

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 05 Jun 2009, 15:04

Yup, I think Photobucket's going to work out. :) Thanks guys!

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 05 Jun 2009, 22:47

Did you try tinypic?

Return to “Campfire”