Question about WoG (and some bugs)

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
bonecollector
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Question about WoG (and some bugs)

Unread postby bonecollector » 12 Apr 2009, 12:52

Hi there,
playing wog 3.58f + scriptupdate on a wogified xl dual-layer map.

Only using 2 of the maprules (heroes with 9 & 10 skill + monsters stacks grow in heroes army)

Found 3 weired things :

1)
Now i experienced, that my heroes wont get offered any secondary skill after they got their 8. secondary skill. (Display hidden skills is enabled btw)
They only way to get more then 8 secondary skills seems to be the school of wizardry.
It does NOT work with :
- conflux university
- witch huts (even improved),
- on lvl up .

Is this intended that way ? (im not shure, but i think on earlier games, i got skills offered on lvl up after the 8. skill in the past (before scriptupdate))

2)
The other thing is, that the "monster stacks grow in army" doesnt seem to work. Its enabled but stacksize keeps the same.

3)
Additionally, when i started the map (i chosed a town and starting hero, here necro + galthran), i always got him as lvl 5+ hero, never as lvl 1 as it should. The Option "heroes start at 5. level" was definetaly DISABLED..
Seems that this maprule Script or the select option screen mechanic is bugged ?

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Re: Question about WoG (and some bugs)

Unread postby Salamandre » 12 Apr 2009, 14:10

1) It always worked that way. The hidden skills can be done only by scripting it.
2) Thats what you get when working with weird scripts. :) 4% is very little, maybe you did not have enough creatures?
3) Did you save your wog options after unchecking "start at level 5"? Because it always work.

bonecollector
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Question about WoG (and some bugs)

Unread postby bonecollector » 13 Apr 2009, 00:08

Salamandre wrote:1) It always worked that way. The hidden skills can be done only by scripting it.
good to know
edit : so 9.+10.skill enabled but no appropiate buildings on map (school of x) = useless ?
Salamandre wrote: 2) Thats what you get when working with weird scripts. :) 4% is very little, maybe you did not have enough creatures?
Since i play a necro the chance is high that i have some higher stack numbers :). Na, seriously, stacksizes are above 2000, and the numbers do not change neither daily nor weekly and a 4% plus should be noticable (80+), wonder if it may bugging due to stack experience ?
Salamandre wrote: 3) Did you save your wog options after unchecking "start at level 5"? Because it always work.
I saved every change i made in in the WoG Options before i created/+started a map.

update : i recently reinstalled the scriptupdate + the 3 available bugfixes and it SEEMS working correctly now with the same options and same map (tested in on several other random maps too)

Monsters gain 4% in stacks after every day (50 skels -> 52 skels) etc.

The bugged hero level i reported seems not to be caused by scripts, i rememberd that the hero was lvl 5+ (even sometiems lvl 10) AFTER starting game but BEFORE wogifying the map. The lvl script for the hero lvls him up after wogifying and its a different mechanism it seems. So really i dunno what caused that %-|

Return to “Wake of Gods”