Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 30 Mar 2009, 09:50

Well, HoP, It's been two fridays in a row with no update coming up. I think you owe us a bigger report by now. The sooner the better, you know :D

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 01 Apr 2009, 11:36

Well I have been experiencing some problems with my girlfriend so I havent been able to work to much on the continent, I will continue my work today or tommorow and if Maygwan is active and wants it I will have the full continent on a skeleton map by this friday or saturday :) I just want everyone to know that I will not stop working on this! This will not be some failed crap.. I will continue my work on Sighisoara whatever it takes! Dont worry, me Yurian and Maygwan will provide you with hours and hours of gameplay :)
If you people want to explore Sighisoaras skeleton map this weekend then please just pm me and I will send the map to you in an email, hopefully this weekend :)
Thanks for your time :)

HoP

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 04 Apr 2009, 11:11

Okey anyone who wants can now just pm to get a skeleton map of all the islands around Sighisoara! :) (The main-land is not yet ready) :) JUST PM ME if you are intrested! :D

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

AWESOME

Unread postby MadMax » 05 Apr 2009, 01:17

Okey I have now emailed Maygwan the FULL NATION INFO! So a complete map of Sighisoara will hopefully be available within a week or so if he isn't to busy, I will probably start working on some campaign info and some really cool story for a campaign within the next few days! Is there anyone besides Yurian and Maygwan who is even intrested in this project? Please let me now! Cause I work really hard on this and it will be a really cool story filled with a whole new history in a whole new continent! It will be awesome!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 05 Apr 2009, 16:43

I may also now tell you people that I have started working on the first campaign and are writing down some quests and alot of info about them too!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 10 Apr 2009, 09:46

Well people doesnt seem to be very intrested at all..
I can tell people that the first campaign that will be made will be played in the beautiful nation of Aurolas, one of the most important nations in Sighisoara.
Here are the nation info of Aurolas:
Aurolas
Inhabitants: Humans
Wildlife: Centaurs and Dendroids are running around in the forests of Aurolas, in the city a few sick dogs run around and also they are acctually some minotaur "mafias" roaming the streets.
Population Size: Big+
Rule: Aurolas is ruled by the popular and gracefull King Quintus Tullius and his Queen Servia, they have a strong militia and a well controled country, the only major problem in Aurolas are the Minotaurs that are threatening and some times killing the people. Alltough Quintus are afraid that war will brake out if he tries to stop them since the minotaurs have connections all over Sighisoara.
Enviorment:Sighisoara has a very big and beautiful (and not yet fully discovered) forest where alot of creatures roams, but also the forest can be an easy way for enemies to enter Aurolas and attack the city, alltough King Quintus has spies all over the forest looking for invaders.

In the first campaign you will try to investigate a murder of a local inn-keeper!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Maps

Unread postby MadMax » 10 Apr 2009, 10:33

http://img17.imageshack.us/my.php?image=karta1m.jpg
Here you can find some map pictures hand-drawn then just experimented with in paint lol xD :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

NICE NEWS!

Unread postby MadMax » 11 Apr 2009, 17:06

I have started working on a powerpoint presentation of Sighisoara! :) I will update this so that you guys will be able to see what is going on in Sighisoara, for an example I will post pictures of work that is being done on the continent, and also it contains all the nation info (I was thinking about not letting the nation info go out public but you know, what are you gonna do?) I am working like a japaneese beaver on this and I will hopefully be ready today already so that I may continue working on the first campaign :)
Best Regards Max :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

GREAT NEWS!!!!!

Unread postby MadMax » 12 Apr 2009, 11:30

http://uploading.com/files/R1YQYEXJ/Welcome to the world of.pptx.html
Here is the finished powerpoint presentation of Sighisoara :)
I hope you will find it enlightening! :)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 12 Apr 2009, 11:49

Why not release it in ppt format too, for us people that don't have Office 2007...
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

For older powerpoint version :)

Unread postby MadMax » 12 Apr 2009, 11:57

Sure thing :) Here you go: http://uploading.com/files/WLJ69JIK/Welcome to the world ofolderpp.ppt.html
Now you can click yourself through all the information of Sighisoara and very few pictures alltough I will update it more later :)
Last edited by MadMax on 17 Apr 2009, 08:34, edited 2 times in total.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Second link is corrupted

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 17 Apr 2009, 08:19

The second link seems to be corrupted. It complains about an "error", and after that nothing happens. It just won't let you to download the file. The first of HoP's two links is okay, so no worries there. As for that add crap found at the download site, well I can live with it thanks to my powerful F-Secure.

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 17 Apr 2009, 08:35

You need to copy "outside of the link" you see the link only says welcome, you need to copy all of the link! Try this! :) http://uploading.com/files/WLJ69JIK/Wel ... p.ppt.html

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 17 Apr 2009, 08:49

Update, Friday 17th of April 2009

Yes, it's another Friday, and another update! This time from me, Yurian. A nice change, isn't it? :D

Work on the Sighisiora campaign continues, although the pace is set to little slower than usual due to that time consuming real life and all its demands for our attention. HoP remains in charge of the project with me and Maygwan providing him our assistance & support & advise.

As per deal discussed between me and HoP on Feb 20th this year,
the work load is shared roughly the following way:

HeroOfPunk: Leader of the Team, art (hand drawn maps and other "goodies"), story, texts, other events and last but not least,
main share of map making
Maygwan: map making, graphics, additional ideas
Yurian Stonebow: additional map making, balance checking, eliminating of typos & bugs, additional ideas

Check out HoP's PowerPoint representation of Sighisiora. You'll see some nice bits, informative bits and all the other bits there taken from the work-in-progress. It's all good stuff so far, and it goes to show HoP's talent and his highly ambitious plan for an epic campaign. Recommended!

More to come on this subject! Don't change the channel.

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 17 Apr 2009, 08:57

Great update Yurian! :) Maybe you wanna be in charge of the update writing to? :D xD

I will continue my work on the campaign by tommorow if everything goes as planned, and hopefully I will have the first part of the first campaign ready by monday with some hard works and effort putted into it :)

As you guys who checked the powerpoint presentation already knows I have an idea of the first campaign. We are hoping to see some more activity from our very talented map-maker Simon (Maygwan).
So hopefully, if Maygwan have the time we will have the first part of the campaign ready by next week. If he doesn't I will just keep working on the campaign-info and then set him to work as soon as he's back and we will have the whole campaign ready in a few weeks :)

I want to say a big thank you to Yurian who is really active and participate in this campaign.

Also I want to add that if anyone feels like helping me and my loyal and awesome team out simply just email me at: MaxofSighisoara@hotmail.com :)

Thanks for listening and showing intrest!
Dont forget to keep yoruself updated as the life in Sighisoara goes on! :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 17 Apr 2009, 09:33

NOTE: WE FINALLY REACHED 600 VIEWS!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Okey everyone!

Unread postby MadMax » 27 Apr 2009, 20:31

Instead of releasing a mediocre update this friday I will release a bigger release on friday including an update to the power-point presentation. A big work has started and will also be finished! :) So dont worry about that! :D We are moving forward in a mediocre speed but are making a really detailed and good story behind it :)
Dont forget to pm or email me if you want to help out :)

Best Regards, Max!

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 29 Apr 2009, 07:53

Quality over quantity, that's our motto. :-D

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Yes and Yurian

Unread postby MadMax » 29 Apr 2009, 08:15

Btw Yurian, I am happy to tell you that I have now sent you the history of The Howling Champions Inn :) And there is more coming as I will do some work on my campaign today! :D

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 02 May 2009, 12:59

Okey this week has been a week with some nice updates. I have been working on the history of the howling champions inn, but that wont be realeased, atleast not atm, we will be releasing part by part of the history in the upcoming campaign.

Also we have decided how the first campaign shall go and the writing down of that will start as soon as I have finished Yulgar the Inn-keep's suprisingly intresting background. Alltough that wont be released officially either. That will also be discovered as the first part and maybe second part goes on.

Also I found some old documentation and I already have started the plans of a future campaign. So I took the time and I wrote everything down to my computer but unfortunatly that is nothing that will be released officially yet eighter. Alltough you will see some pictures from the mapmaking of this campaign which I started a long time ago! So I will soon release a updated Powerpoint presentation with some cool new contents and pictures!

So look forward to be seeing an updated powerpoint presentation soon, and also hopefully soon the making of the first campaign will start soon to! (Then I meen like map-making and such!)

And also if you are a map-maker please contact me!

Return to “Heroes I-IV”