MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 31 Mar 2009, 01:58

SureValla wrote:its a great mod but for ppl for aren't veteran?
its really, really hard!
Even for veterans it's really, really hard! The early game is relatively easy (love those Bows of Carnage), but just wait...the words "Test of Friendship" will forever after strike fear in your heart.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 31 Mar 2009, 15:51

I noticed a bug in Castle Harmondale.
I killed everything on the 1ste floor but there are still hostiled creatures around. I go through the whole castle so no Upper floor and no Lower floor. is there anyway to fix this? Somekind of lever.

I searched it on both sites for about 4 times.

Hope you have an awnser

Because i really like the mod :hoo:

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 01 Apr 2009, 01:43

SureValla wrote:I noticed a bug in Castle Harmondale.
I killed everything on the 1ste floor but there are still hostiled creatures around. I go through the whole castle so no Upper floor and no Lower floor. is there anyway to fix this? Somekind of lever.

Because i really like the mod :hoo:
Not a bug--there is a teleporter to the second floor. Look for a torch on the first floor that is a different color. There are a couple other places in the mod that depend on torch-teleporters, too.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 01 Apr 2009, 16:38

SureValla wrote: Not a bug--there is a teleporter to the second floor. Look for a torch on the first floor that is a different color. There are a couple other places in the mod that depend on torch-teleporters, too.
You mean the Blue one?

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 01 Apr 2009, 23:30

SureValla wrote:
SureValla wrote: Not a bug--there is a teleporter to the second floor. Look for a torch on the first floor that is a different color. There are a couple other places in the mod that depend on torch-teleporters, too.
You mean the Blue one?
I don't remember what color it is, just that it's different from all the others. It's in the southwest corner of the castle. Click on it to activate.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 02 Apr 2009, 15:45

yes its the blue one ;)

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 22 Apr 2009, 18:23

I can't make town portal spell work, even i touched the central fountain of town. WTHell???

Secondly, i can't find the goblin leader, who made the stable of harmondale stopped work. T_T Signal fire don't start after a load.

Any help is extremely welcome 8| :S

Herry Hardfoot
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Herry Hardfoot » 23 Apr 2009, 05:07

phamlongtuan wrote:I can't make town portal spell work, even i touched the central fountain of town. WTHell???

Secondly, i can't find the goblin leader, who made the stable of harmondale stopped work. T_T Signal fire don't start after a load.

Any help is extremely welcome 8| :S
Town Portal won't be available until you finish the second Sorceror promotion.

As for the signal fires, the usual thing is to light all three then go back inside Castle Harmondale. When you leave the castle, the goblins should appear in the big empty meadow area. If your fires won't stay lit, that's a problem I don't know how to fix.

hobowu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hobowu » 30 Apr 2009, 02:13

I can't get the longbow the judge wants in emerald isle...
if i remember correctly, in the normal version (without mod), it should be dropped by one of the 2 guards in that room in the cave, but now I only see one guard there (and he's not the one that drops the bow)!

anyone help please?

(the dragon cave is also magically sealed for some reason, i've talked to every npc and nothing changes it).

edit: i found the answer on page 3.

problem solved :D

(it pays to look through the pages XD)

hobowu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hobowu » 08 May 2009, 08:52

Justice wrote:You have to have the Emerald Island teleport key in your first character and only it :)

Once you have put the teleport key into your first character's inventory and put all the other keys into your seccond's, then head for the teleporter North of the Crystal Caravan and it should take you to Emerald Island instead of the Main Square.
Does this mean my first character's inventory has to be totally empty apart from the key?
Or does it mean I can only have the emerald key and all the other keys in other inventories?

I can't get back to emerald isle... =.="
I keep on getting taken to just outside the courier's home.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 08 May 2009, 09:30

From what I remenber, Of all the keys you've get, put only the Emerald Island key in your first character, and the rest in other(s). Your first character can keep the rest of his invetory.

Hmmm I have to play it again, several months since the last time!maybe this summer :)
Patience is less common than the common sense

hobowu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hobowu » 28 May 2009, 02:05

thanks storm-giant :D

Another question,

does anyone else out there get crashes when you try to open the spellbook or enter character inventory screens at certain places?
(My crashes happen in The Pit and Deyja). I thought "hmm, ok, I can deal with that..." However... now... that crash has been extended to The Vault!

Now it's near impossible to clear out the vault =.=
I can't heal (not so much for myself, need to heal Lord Godwinson who is an idiot and likes to tank dragons). I can't fix broken armour. I can pick up a very limited amount of loot from the dragons :S

Annoying!

Has anyone figured out a way around this?

I'm using software 3D by the way...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 28 May 2009, 14:20

switch it to hardware - sometimes it helps
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

hobowu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby hobowu » 31 May 2009, 10:49

when i use hardware... my game screen is pitch black. When i press "a", everything turns pure white except for NPCs and monsters...

it's no matter now, finished the mod :D
1 year, 4 months, 1 day. (would've been faster if i didn't do unneeded lvl ups :S)

Has anyone else got these items with ridiculously high enchantments that make them better than artifact/relics?
A dragon hunter shield (+18), with an enchantment of armour class + 45,
and a regnan leather (+16), with an enchantment of armour class + 44...

On a more important note, is this a place to post a bug?

Taledon's Helm doesn't work.
Well, to be more specific, the "of Light Magic" part of it doesn't work! It gives no bonus to light magic.

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 02 Jul 2009, 21:41

I've been playing this mod for quite some time now and I must say I'm impressed with the new additions. :)

At first I was a bit unsure why there were so many strong items at the very beginning but after playing some more I realized how much the game play has changed. There are a lot of monsters about :p ...bloody giant spiders...lol I hate them lol.

Anyway the problem is that I got stuck a bit and I was wondering if you guys could help me out.

1. Where is the scroll of Wonka?

2. Where is the Expert Teacher in Fire Magic?

3. What's with that weird coding quest? proof of the coding something something you get from that guy in Harmondale....?

4. I'm not sure what version of REvmod I've got....where can i find the latest patch...the file front links aren't working? :(

BDJ you did an excellent job with this mod, thank you! :)

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

MM7Rev4mod

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 05 Jul 2009, 15:59

Coldy,

To get your questions answered about this mod, I'd suggest that you visit TELPS MM7 Tavern and ask Zedd. Here's the link;

http://telp.org/mm7/tavern/mm7tavern.html

Glad you are enjoying the game!

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 05 Jul 2009, 16:25

Thanks BDJ!

I found the scroll of wonka and solved the problem with question 1 and 2.
I've got Rev4modF so I'm hopping that's the final release with no bugs :)

I'm just waiting for the Arbiter to die so the story can progress. I'm curios to see what new quests appear. :)

macetat
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby macetat » 10 Jul 2009, 20:23

Big Daddy Jim,
I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this mod to my favorite game - MM7!!! I think I played MM7 20 times in three different languages and this mod really pumps new blood into it´s veins! I started playing the mod two days ago and I can hardly keep my hands off...
BDJ, thank you a lot for new hours of fun in the MM7-universe!!!

macetat

P.S.: I also saw about that MM6 TCC thing, folks you are crazy, that´s so great, you all have a place reserved in my personal Olymp...

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 10 Jul 2009, 21:44

macetat wrote:Big Daddy Jim,
I just wanted to say that I really enjoy this mod to my favorite game - MM7!!! I think I played MM7 20 times in three different languages and this mod really pumps new blood into it´s veins! I started playing the mod two days ago and I can hardly keep my hands off...
BDJ, thank you a lot for new hours of fun in the MM7-universe!!!

macetat

P.S.: I also saw about that MM6 TCC thing, folks you are crazy, that´s so great, you all have a place reserved in my personal Olymp...
Thank you for the kind words concerning the MM7 mod, and I am glad that you are enjoying The Game. Good luck with The Test of Friendship!

See ya later in The Game.

Big Daddy Jim
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Coldy
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Coldy » 15 Jul 2009, 21:25

Well I finally finished the game. It was a great experience, really enjoined the new quests and challenges.

The Test of Friendship was indeed very hard, but thanks to those blasters I manged to complete it.

At one point I had 2 Slayer spears. Unfortunately my fighter was a paladin so ...i had to train him up to expert with the spear and give him one. He still did a better dmg than with his mace.

I never found the Coding Wizard, guess I will need to search more next time :(
I think i will start again, maybe with a proper knight/archer/cleric/sorcerer party to make my life much easier, maybe i will beat my high score. :p

Here is the win certificate:

Return to “Might and Magic”