Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Armoured Blood
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Armoured Blood » 20 Feb 2009, 09:21

Wow, been a while since I felt like checking this thread out (honestly I haven't been in any other threads on this forum >.<), and man has it grown. I've only seen the screenshots on the first few pages, but they look good. keep up the good work ^^

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 22 Feb 2009, 17:38

Aww man this forum is so slooooooow, when will be something new to talk about? :)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 22 Feb 2009, 23:00

Euhm, can't say anything about that. Vector is waiting for Corlagon, and then he will put up a big update:). Still working on it. I'm currently writing a questline (it's probably going to contain 4/5 quests) for a special item, and IIRC, there has not been anything like that in a MM game :)...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 23 Feb 2009, 02:57

Sorry, again, for the lack of dialogue sending- university is taking up a lot of time and I keep forgetting about it. I'll TRY to send Vector it sometime this week.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 23 Feb 2009, 16:21

Nice, take the time you need :)...

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 23 Feb 2009, 18:15

darknessfood wrote:Euhm, can't say anything about that. Vector is waiting for Corlagon, and then he will put up a big update:). Still working on it. I'm currently writing a questline (it's probably going to contain 4/5 quests) for a special item, and IIRC, there has not been anything like that in a MM game :)...
Just to clarify, Corlagon is actually waiting on me for a bit of info... then I'll be waiting on him. lol

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 23 Feb 2009, 19:38

Oh, I thought it was the other way around. Hurry up Vector :P...

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 24 Feb 2009, 22:31

I'm quite excited about this game, I'm actually going to study the mm6-mm8 engine :D no really I'm interested in it now, and I hope that the big update will be here soon :beg: And another thing, is there going to be a sneek peak into the game(something like a demo) so that we can get a fresh sniff into the game mechanics, or maybe something like a tech demo like the one MM tribute had
Might and Magic X official website:
http://www.mightandmagic10.thegaminguniverse.com/

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 24 Feb 2009, 23:53

To answer your question. There wil lbe no demoor something like that. Reason: it takes time, and we want to use the time we got to work on the full game. Perhaps when there is a beta playable version, or an early game code, I will try and record it, and maybe adding some comments on it.

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 25 Feb 2009, 00:22

ah good thanks for the info so fast then. If you'll be making a motion picture about it (that is what you meant with recording it right?), than I'm more than satisfied. Now off you go and back to work on a simply smashing project :creative:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Feb 2009, 01:15

Yup, that was what I meant, and no problem ;)...

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 27 Feb 2009, 22:41

Hello everyone, I wanted to tell that I joined the design team recently, and looks like I'm in charge of advertising and a few other stuff.
I also wanted to tell, that after a few pm-ing with Vector, I can confirm that as soon as it's possible I (and darknessfood if he wants) will make videos of the fresh new Might and Magic X gameplay!
I can also tell you that the next big update (made by Vector of course) will have really a LOT of new information for you (and for me as a matter of fact) to chow down :)

Now I can't tell you anything more so you better get ready B-)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 27 Feb 2009, 23:40

Cool, I'm sitting on the edge of my seat so to speak :P

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 28 Feb 2009, 00:31

Hey Pirvix. Welcome to the team :). Let's make some video's soon, with some audio commentary :).

theroyalbard
Leprechaun
Leprechaun
Location: Asia, just explore it and make sure you put Lloyd's beacon if you found it!

Unread postby theroyalbard » 28 Feb 2009, 04:51

Greetings and salutations!

First of, I would like to thank everyone who's into this at the very beginning. I was reading this thread last night from the very first page up to here and I'm quite overwhelmed by all the people who want to support this project and the I'm feeling the power you guys have. Just like you cast a Day of the Gods+Hour of Power in GM level with a 100 skill points in Light magic (I know that's ridiculous).

I'm an avid fan of the Might and Magic series since I was 10 and my personal favorites are MM3 and MM6 (now I'm playing it again since I never finished this game). I have defeated MM7&8 with all the time I need to give in order to have all my characters in their supreme state (meaning in 80+levels equipping the finest artifacts/relics/magic items) but still in the very least amount of gameplay time. I really took time enjoying all of it until I stumbled upon mm9..and I don't want to discuss about it. Sorry.

I'm also into the HOMM series 2&3, so that also gives me background of exploring Enroth in a different scale.

With all that mention above I can say I'm an experienced MM player, know quite a history of its world.

Having heard of this and noticing that only a few people tried to work into the Music Department of this promising project, I would therefore volunteer myself into helping you guys composing the music that will fit to 'our world'.

I'm studying at a College of Music here in the Philippines, majoring in Piano. Even if I'm not into the composition field, I already composed several classical/contemporay pieces just for my own interest. I'm also currently studying Band & Orchestration so creating a work for a string quartet or other music group can be work out.

Frankly, Rob King, Paul Romero et al were my inspiration in creating my compositions. I love their work; I love the New Sorpigal Theme: listening to the gentle harpsicord accompanied by strings, the piano that reminds you of the medieval/renaissance times and the energy of the orchestra (even if some are MIDIed they worked out perfectly). Their music really fits into the lands of peasants, flowers and dragons.

If you want to ask how the recording will do, well I have my synthesizer if a MIDI file will do. Or I'll just send you my work (the music sheets) and have it played then record there, or just let me record it with my musician friends in a small room and voila.

So these are just my 2-3 cents, hope I can be of help.

P.S. It's just disappointing to know that blasters (and maybe robots) are still in the game. Why would you end the world of Might and Magic (to some who love blasters) in a Star Wars way? That will now be Might and Magic and the Spaceship Troopers if you ask me. IMO I would have my respect to the ancient fantasy monsters and just deal with them in an ancient battle way.

Create a more powerful mythical creatures, like, maybe, gods of elementals (different form the elemental lords) where they look like humans with a different color, but very powerful and challenging. Or maybe get more godly creatures you see in Greek myths like Athena, Zeus, Hades < Their not just artifacts, they should be monsters, too. Also maybe an interesting creature would be other heroes like us flying and also 'traveling exploring' the world. (I know this sucks really bad sorry)

Don't use 'techno' monsters for goodness sake. Though Crystal monsters are acceptable.

Last thing, if possible, more skins of peasants please, It's really boring if you see guys with 3 only different shirts and faces. Hello, like do you have the same 3 parents?

haha, I just made a little porfolio of myself. Dangm.
:creative:

pirvix
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pirvix » 28 Feb 2009, 10:38

Hi theroyalbard! I have to say, I actually didn't hear a thing about music making for the game, heck I don't even know if we have somebody that makes music (Darkness? do we have somebody? :) ), so I think, that you'll have to wait for vector to see the status. And thanks for volunteering theroyalbard :) .

Darknessfood, I may perhaps make audio commentary, but first I'll need a microphone :rolleyes:
Anyway, I'll see if I will make audio commentary, but in all the cases I'll make a extensive showoff possibly divided into chapters.....Just like the proffesionals do it :right: :proud:

P.S How many members are signing up with the forums to post here...just like I did

MM7today
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM7today » 28 Feb 2009, 11:53

theroyalbard wrote:So these are just my 2-3 cents, hope I can be of help.
Make that 2-3 dollar =O Amazing :-D

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 28 Feb 2009, 12:11

Yay! It seems that this game will also have decent music too :) Now it really should bring the name Might and Magic back to glory. Can't wait guys!

P.S. The techno monster are unavoidable due to the presence of the ancients. They are a part of the M&M universe, just as much as everything else. At least that's what i believe. When making a game like this, I dont think it's wise to overlook them as they had a HUGE impact on the history of the world...to me it would be fun to acctually visit the world of the ancients, alongside the medival world of course. Although i think thats not possible and it would be a very easy way to ruin the entire series since 3DO never really gave us so much a glimpse of their world...

Thats my 2 cents :D

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 28 Feb 2009, 12:17

Why would you end the world of Might and Magic (to some who love blasters) in a Star Wars way? That will now be Might and Magic and the Spaceship Troopers if you ask me.
Well hey... Might and Magic I, II, III, V, VI, VII and VIII all had "Star Wars" endings, so... :D

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

nevermind someone beat me to it

Unread postby namad » 28 Feb 2009, 13:11

nevermind someone beat me to it

go ahead and delete this post

Return to “Might and Magic”