Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
Docent Picolan
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

---

Unread postby Docent Picolan » 24 Jan 2009, 21:14

2. Frankly speaking I used to hate them just as much. But we've completely remastered them, giving each commander class in each town a unique model, let alone the fact that every commander has his own unique set of skills and specialties. So they are no longer the way they used to be in WoG. But you can always have them off the stage, thanks to an option that we'll add so you needn't worry anyway. :)
3. we'll see to it, like changing the shape of the no-go marks so you can tell them from the can-go marks not only by color

5. That's it! ;)

6. Could you be so kind to give us a few samples of your work? We need some 2D graphics done in a style very similar, or better identical, to the style of SoD splashscreens by NWC artists :proud:
And what about Bastion? Will you mirror it from WoG or not?
Our set of towns has nothing to do with theirs, save for the nine legacy towns. B-)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Jan 2009, 01:17

Hey DP, is the beta comming soon? I really am going CRAZY about this project, and so are friends of mine :). Any date you can give us?
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

bonecollector
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bonecollector » 25 Jan 2009, 01:19

Will there be any Stack experience ?
(i guess no, but ill miss it, liked the micro management, though it needed to be toned down a bit for my taste)

anyway, work looks really pro !

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 25 Jan 2009, 06:06

bonecollector wrote:Will there be any Stack experience ?
(i guess no, but ill miss it, liked the micro management, though it needed to be toned down a bit for my taste)

anyway, work looks really pro !
I'm pretty sure that they said that they were going to introduce Stack Experience in a version after 1.0.

I wasn't a fan of it. Then again, there were a lot of things in WOG that annoyed me because of how unbalanced and game changing they were.
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 26 Jan 2009, 10:35

@Docent:I'm wondering, is your team free for any ideas?(like balancing, etc?)
Aonther question, will not comanders appear over obstacles(in WoG sometimes they couldn't move forward)?
Can't wait for new screenshots :oex:

Spartak
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby Spartak » 26 Jan 2009, 13:02

30th anniversary screenshot B-)
30. Monsters in combat, new ones are: Enchantress and Sea Sorceress, (the skeleton sniper you’ve seen before). Also present is the male pirate hero.
Two small bonuses:
1. Several reworked artifacts from Heroes 2 will be returning to Heroes 3, but not all of them will retain their original properties. For example, the three Medals familiar to us all will keep their original properties, but when equipped will get an additional bonus such as morale not only increasing by 3 but also being impossible to lower below 3.
2. Here is the portrait of Agar for the Necropolis:
Thanks for the help in translate to Mr48

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 26 Jan 2009, 14:55

That portrait of one-eyed zombie Agar is full of win. Does that mean we will see other Heroes I & II heroes redone in a similar manner?

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 26 Jan 2009, 16:55

Nice pic :-D
The cove hero looks perfect,imo, it's fits as any of the original game :applause:
Can't wait to play it, looks better each day B-)

phantom715
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: ---

Unread postby phantom715 » 27 Jan 2009, 13:03

Docent Picolan wrote:2. Frankly speaking I used to hate them just as much. But we've completely remastered them, giving each commander class in each town a unique model, let alone the fact that every commander has his own unique set of skills and specialties. So they are no longer the way they used to be in WoG. But you can always have them off the stage, thanks to an option that we'll add so you needn't worry anyway. :)
3. we'll see to it, like changing the shape of the no-go marks so you can tell them from the can-go marks not only by color
Awesome!
Docent Picolan wrote:6. Could you be so kind to give us a few samples of your work? We need some 2D graphics done in a style very similar, or better identical, to the style of SoD splashscreens by NWC artists :proud:
Afraid I'm not much of an original artist. I'm more of an editor/alterer/mixer. Guess I'm not much help :(

So, how is the pirate double upgrade going to work? I remember H2: the Warlock's castle always had an advantage with a double upgrade in the dragon. Always seemed a bit unfair to me. Also, how do you plan on balancing that in the original towns?

Coconut
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Coconut » 29 Jan 2009, 16:46

One thing I like about those new creatures is the humour that's in them.
I don't think I've seen many hero portraits yet, but I hope also they will have that humour, as for me that was a crucial element of the charm of the early Heroes games.

SoofMan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoofMan » 14 Feb 2009, 15:03

This idea is SO COOOL !
And the screenshots are just Juicy and Delicious !

Outstanding work, people ! I will donate you when i earn some cash !

I have always loved this game the most and played it for several years, but i never have time to play it lately.

Q: Are you going to make this addon Open Source on GPL, like the OpenTTD (http://openttd.org) Team has done with theirs clone of Transport Tycoon Deluxe ?
That would surely speed up the development a lot.

Arieane
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arieane » 14 Feb 2009, 16:41

Oh my! My jaw dropped and rolled on the floor somewhere when I saw your units designs! THEY'RE EFFING AWESOME. MADE OF WIN NO LESS!!! :-D :-D :-D

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 14 Feb 2009, 19:29

Can you give a relative release window on version 0.1? The waiting is slowly killing me.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 14 Feb 2009, 20:00

@Deadguy118: it'll be released either by the end of this month or during next month, it's official :-D
In one month we may be playing it :oex: [/quote]

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 15 Feb 2009, 04:48

Yes! Now I no longer need to slowly die!

linker163
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby linker163 » 15 Feb 2009, 10:10

lol some of the ''new'' artifacts were from mm7 and mm8 (well those what i regonised and most of them werent even artefacts in mm7 and mm8)
dont get me wrong i love the items from mm7/mm8. keep up the good work
Only thing what i want is to hear your scream as you DIE!!!

SoofMan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoofMan » 17 Feb 2009, 12:27

So, will anybody answer my question... ?

Do You plan to release this addon under GNU GPL license like OpenTTD, OpenArena etc. ?

Apophis_
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Apophis_ » 27 Feb 2009, 15:41

This is EPIC!

One question: what can You tell us about music? There will be special score composed for this mod (i mean: music in new castles etc.)?

mr.hackcrag
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby mr.hackcrag » 27 Feb 2009, 15:47

I was wondering if the sprites for the new monsters will be made available for download for people who only want to change graphical elements.

Archer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Archer » 27 Feb 2009, 17:44

How are things going for a spring beta release? :D

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”