MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
auralsun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby auralsun » 11 Feb 2009, 17:15

hi,

what's the location of the crystal caravan? trying to go back to emerald island and there's absolutely no direction to this from within the game, from what i can see.

thanks!

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 11 Feb 2009, 22:17

The Cristal Caravan is the name of the stables of Bracada.
As for going back to EI, if my mind doesn't cheat me you need to have the Emerald Key(given doing an important quest) IN your first character inventory. Then just go to the teleporter in front of the stables, and you should see something familiar ;)

auralsun
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby auralsun » 12 Feb 2009, 16:12

not sure if i should feel dumb for this...

just got to the elf human war part of the game, or where it used to be. now both ambassadors suggest that their king/queen will request my audience when necessary. i assumed whatever i was supposed to do for game/storyline progression was on emerald island since i'd just gotten the key, but after some running around i couldn't find anything substantial to do there (after slaughtering all the dragonflies and getting my ass kicked in the dragon cave, at least).

is there a walkthrough for this mod or anything, in case we get lost?

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

HELP PLZ :(

Unread postby cortisan » 13 Feb 2009, 07:35

guys im really sorry if this is the wrong place to post this because im new to this but i installed this mod and cant find my back up .LOD data files would someone be able to help me out n send me them to my email or upload them sumwhere. much appreciated i really wana play the original again :(
cheers

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 13 Feb 2009, 13:40

What's wrong with your CDs? Just install the game again, it contains correct LODs! :D

cortisan
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby cortisan » 13 Feb 2009, 22:39

well my computer wouldnt let me install the game again for some reason, so i had to install on another persons computer and transfer the files via usb so i got it working again :) thanks for the idea :)

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 13 Feb 2009, 23:49

Well I guess you could have tried unistall then reinstall, but other than that there should be no reason the cd wouldn't let a person reinstall. ;|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 14 Feb 2009, 11:25

auralsun wrote:not sure if i should feel dumb for this...

just got to the elf human war part of the game, or where it used to be. now both ambassadors suggest that their king/queen will request my audience when necessary. i assumed whatever i was supposed to do for game/storyline progression was on emerald island since i'd just gotten the key, but after some running around i couldn't find anything substantial to do there (after slaughtering all the dragonflies and getting my ass kicked in the dragon cave, at least).

is there a walkthrough for this mod or anything, in case we get lost?
Well, when you go back to emerald island, you can do several things: go to the red dragons cave(there you'll find a ring needed for adquiring master fire magic; you can also do some quest(like the priest promotion quest), and if I remenber correctly you can enter to wromthrax cave from the well in front of the tavern. I think you need something, like a key.

As for the main quest(elf-human war), you have to wait 1-2 months and then the groups of humans and elves should be spwaned near the chest with the trumpet.

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

skill barrels?

Unread postby namad » 18 Feb 2009, 13:11

the only skill barrel i haven't found is the perception one. can someone tell me where it is ? i did the courier quests and the 7dwarves quest and i found all the others..

i hate playing without max'd perception as i constantly feel like i'm missing alcoves in walls with treasure chests but i don't wanna waste 20ish skill points for no reason

also: is there a home portal on the emerald isle?? cause if not that stinks... its a SEVEN day boat road back AND you gotta deal with that cutscene everytime
Last edited by namad on 18 Feb 2009, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Feb 2009, 13:37

If you could tell me where you found the other ones, I'll which one you missed. I don't know which barrel has what in it.

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

well i don't remember which was where either :(

Unread postby namad » 18 Feb 2009, 14:17

well i don't remember which was where either :( ... but the perception one is definitely possible to miss while doing the courier quest and the 7dwarves and well... all the others you basically walk right past while doing that although... i suppose its possible i "walked right past" the perception one

oh and i just realized.... if you dual class into a mage or archer or druid.. you won't be able to learn fire expert? because there is no fire expert trainer anywhere its something you can only get once ... blayze should probably continue training fire experts or something after the quest is done

if someone could post a complete spoiler on them that'd help that way i can just go back and double check and make sure i have each one even if you don't know the skills for each if you could just list all the locations perception is the skill i can't live without most of all out of that whole list because it just erks me not to have it the others are all money saving or strength building :-p

on a totally unrelated note:
are the mechanics in this guide http://www.angelfire.com/nt/bones/chance.html valid in might and magic 7? if so... having really super duper armor so early in the game might be sortof unbalancing as the guide indicates ac above 90is useless... in an unmodded game you won't reach 90ac till near the end of the game so thats fine but in the mod you can reach it on emerald isle if you really try to i reckon hrmm? is mm7 different? is he just totally wacko?

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 19 Feb 2009, 18:58

Spoiler:

There is one in the waterfall
one in the barrow downs
one on top of the courier guile-steadwick
dwarven mines
in the small room with the 2 lifts in the dwarven city
upstarts in your castle-harmondale

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

what happens after i return the trumpet to my ambassador?

Unread postby namad » 19 Feb 2009, 21:42

perception is found when you begin the quest to clear out the trogs... this is a needless side quest that i skipped this is why i didn't get it. thanks for your list

what happens after i return the trumpet to my ambassador? will i get another messanger if i wait long enough? it seems that i only got the first messanger by waiting and then returning to pierpont do i need to wait and return to another map to trigger the next step? i've waited like a year now after returning that trumpet and the war isn't progressing and no one is contacting me and the throne room is still locked...

nevermind i just got the message... i think what i actually had to do was turn the game off and then back on again because nothing i did got me the message last night no matter how long i waited or where i went

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Re: well i don't remember which was where either :(

Unread postby jeffh » 27 Feb 2009, 07:24

namad wrote: are the mechanics in this guide http://www.angelfire.com/nt/bones/chance.html valid in might and magic 7?
They're not correct in any Might & Magic game, including VI. The real mechanics were revealed in the MM7 strategy guide (they're the same in 6 and 8); somewhere on TELP there are nice spreadsheets that summarize them.

namad
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

going to telp and then to free erathia then help then combat

Unread postby namad » 28 Feb 2009, 13:09

going to telp and then to free erathia then help then combat just tells you bones was right...

http://www.angelfire.com/nt/bones/combat.html

any help finding out the information that differs from this?

jeffh
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby jeffh » 28 Feb 2009, 19:49

I can't find the thread you're talking about, but it's possible they were referring to the spreadsheets, which were made by Bones (quite some time after the site you mentioned). A quick check reveals:

http://telp.org/files/resistance.zip
http://telp.org/files/tohit.zip

tedzki
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

thanks for the mod!

Unread postby tedzki » 23 Mar 2009, 03:21

I recently downloaded the mod and would like to thank everyone who had a part in making it possible.

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 29 Mar 2009, 17:59

its a great mod but for ppl for aren't veteran?
its really, really hard!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 29 Mar 2009, 20:47

SureValla wrote:its a great mod but for ppl for aren't veteran?
its really, really hard!
Meh, not really ;)!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Sure Valla
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Sure Valla » 30 Mar 2009, 15:38

Hah i just started it! ;)
but i'm going well right now!

Return to “Might and Magic”