Good Bye Nival?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Good Bye Nival?

Unread postby Angelspit » 27 Jan 2009, 19:35

Nival is no longer involved in the development of Heroes of Might and Magic VI, <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... >according to a wild rumor on the official forum</a>. Vague hints seem to point to a new developer from Hungary, but it could take quite a while before we get any additional information about the situation.

I think Nival did a good job, considering the expectations that came with the Might and Magic name. But they lost much of their initial support from fans with each patch that was released... or delayed.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1233084922
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 27 Jan 2009, 19:46

I personally consider Nival did a great job with the second expansion. So if they were to continue on to Heroes 6 they would probably made a great game (ignoring stuff related to Ubisoft such as the plot :P)

Hmm, I don't really like the fact that we get a new developer. But let's hope for the best, that H6 will be an optimized game with a fast and intelligent AI, and free of bugs. But we should also be prepared for the worst, for a game that will appeal to the public even less than H4 :P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 27 Jan 2009, 19:53

These are not good news. Nival did a fairly good work with H5 and would've done the job even better for H6 but a new developer which will start everything from scratch?

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 27 Jan 2009, 21:08

Indeed not good news :disagree:
Even though I still prefer H3 over V, Nival did a good job, as it took some of the best parts of each HOMM, like H3 castle system(upgrades, and later they mix really well the Heroes IV alternative), Heroes have more importance in combat(if you run out of mana, or you don't want to use it you can still inflict damage) and so on. There are bad parts on HV too, such as the ultrauberslow AI(and cheating too), and the lack of varity of heroes(only 8 per faction!! :disagree: ).
I hope we get a good substitute of Nival(if they change it,of course)

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Good Bye Nival?

Unread postby Infiltrator » 27 Jan 2009, 22:47

Good bye, and GOOD RIDDANCE!
Infiltrator out.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 27 Jan 2009, 22:49

This is sad news. I think they did a pretty decent job on HoMM V and the expansions. It had the basics of HoMM 3, the best in the series. I wonder who is going to make HoMM 6. Let's hope that we don't get a stupid new team that starts to make their first game...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Good Bye Nival?

Unread postby MistWeaver » 27 Jan 2009, 23:09

fine with me. i think fans should get a HoMM game with an acceptable AI at least once per decade :P

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Good Bye Nival?

Unread postby Roman » 27 Jan 2009, 23:29

I think this is bad news. I like H5 and think Nival did a good job and did a particularly good job with TotE, by which time it had learned the intricacies of the Heroes franchise. A new developer, even if a good one is chosen, will probably mess things up until it goes through the same learning process that Nival already underwent.

Asheera, I hope you are joking about H6 being an even worse game than H4! :o That would suck big time.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Good Bye Nival?

Unread postby Asheera » 28 Jan 2009, 00:43

Of course I wouldn't want that, and I truly hope it won't be a failure, but I said we need to be prepared for the worst as well so as to not be overly disappointed if it truly happens.

Or maybe I'm too pessimistic :P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Good Bye Nival?

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jan 2009, 01:41

If Nival aren't making H6.... who will?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 28 Jan 2009, 02:52

Well I find myself thinking so what, the first heroes product I didn’t buy or ask for as a gift was Tribes and I still haven’t regretted that decision. I am currently finishing up my last H-IV campaign and unless H-6 resembles H-IV in at least gameplay; yea, yea, yea speak to the hand I’m not interested in that old argument anymore I preferred it to H-V others didn’t move on. H-6 must have a similar user friendly editor ala H-IV or I won’t be buying it either. I hate to repeat a fear I voiced several months ago, but it appears my heroes playing days are about over. At least I’m having fun helping BDJ on his latest mod.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Jan 2009, 03:01

No tears shed here. I'm still fuming over H5's user-UNfriendly Map Editor that Nival thrust upon us.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 28 Jan 2009, 05:04

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. I view it as a much needed breath of fresh air. I did enjoy h5 and I still play it sometimes. However I'm more than aware of flaws it has. I agree with those before, there's no point in listing them, or rehashing older arguments.

What comes now is a complete unknown and therefore I'm positive minded until we actually get it and can judge.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Good Bye Nival?

Unread postby Moragauth » 28 Jan 2009, 12:35

Aw, what a tragedy!

rofl

MER
Peasant
Peasant

Good Bye Nival?

Unread postby MER » 28 Jan 2009, 12:42

Hmm, and which would be this Hungarian developer, any ideas? I dont know any popular game company from Hungary. 1C/Katauri are from Russia (would be the best choice IMO) and GSC are from Ukraine afaik.
Edited on Wed, Jan 28 2009, 07:45 by MER

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 28 Jan 2009, 13:36

I only know of Black Hole Entertainment, which made Warhammer: Mark of Chaos (yeah, a warhammer game :P)

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Good Bye Nival?

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 28 Jan 2009, 14:32

Thank the Lord. Get Katauri in on Heroes VI and we'll be cooking with gas.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 28 Jan 2009, 14:37

Let's see, Nival didn't get it right on their first try. Most companies don't. So Ubisoft is going to hire another company to give their first try at Heroes. Have I gone mad, or is this a bleeping stupid idea?

The cynic in me says that what really happened here is that Nival told Ubisoft what it would cost to do H6 properly and Ubisoft told them to go jump.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Edwardas 3
Pixie
Pixie

Good Bye Nival?

Unread postby Edwardas 3 » 28 Jan 2009, 15:09

I love to play lots of skirmishes in 3 and 4 -something the very slow AI routine of 5 does not allow me to do-wasted money for me

So I am very happy :) - I hope the next developer would at least fix this issue.

Empty maps heroes can cross through in few turn ,no Nival get some expectably lil better visuals then 3 (year 1998 ) and took everything from 3 ,otherwise it was sloppy not good .

Bye Nival you outlived your usefulness! Given the accusations of Nival not paying their working teams and then firing them buying the products for which real workers got not paid of is support of un-fair trade!
Lord Godwinson in BDJ mods for MM 6 and 7

Darmani
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Good Bye Nival?

Unread postby Darmani » 28 Jan 2009, 16:04

First of all.....who is this Chuckles and how would he know who's doing HVI?

Assuming this is true, part of me does agree with Kristo, but I find this overall good news. HV is the first Heroes game for which I have no desire to finish the campaigns. Being a person who could never start reading a book in the middle of a series, I never played HoF or TotE. Well, I did play the TotE demo, and found it highly disturbing that I was able to sit in my castle for 6 months with a single hero and still win in one of the scenarios.

Now, if only they'd just pick Katauri...
Edited on Wed, Jan 28 2009, 11:05 by Darmani

Return to “News”