Random Thoughts - Second Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Jan 2009, 19:51

a55a55in wrote:What have you kids been drinking? :|
Nothing! this time...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 25 Jan 2009, 20:36

Pol wrote:A things in dream are mostly methaphoras, so many of them may be hinting something else. Some of them are however just meaning it.
I don't think most dreams mean anything. It's just situation "leftovers" that haven't been processed yet.
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 25 Jan 2009, 21:10

My trailer is almost ready, one more scene :-D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 25 Jan 2009, 22:02

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I don't think most dreams mean anything. It's just situation "leftovers" that haven't been processed yet.
I think that Freddy Kruger won't agreed with you.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 25 Jan 2009, 22:10

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Speaking of dreams, I had a dream a few days ago where my friend, who's a girl, suddenly was the proud owner of a ginormous penis.....and it was...well....in its "happy mode" nonstop! So weird! :|
Assuming it was attached to her and not some guy she had chained to her bed, that's a bit on the weird side...
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Jan 2009, 23:04

Great, on my quest on beeing @$$ on a dutch forum. I got banned!!! Very nice :D!!!

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 25 Jan 2009, 23:05

lol you must have behaved really nasty :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 25 Jan 2009, 23:12

Yeah, I'll translate some of the things, I said stuff like:
Why don't cut your wrists, lie down in a corner and bleed to death...

This was too much for them I guess. After a whole bunch of cursing, and bashing all the time, really fun!!!

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 25 Jan 2009, 23:55

Ethric wrote:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Speaking of dreams, I had a dream a few days ago where my friend, who's a girl, suddenly was the proud owner of a ginormous penis.....and it was...well....in its "happy mode" nonstop! So weird! :|
Assuming it was attached to her and not some guy she had chained to her bed, that's a bit on the weird side...
It was hers, attached to her. And I'm sure, cause she was naked all day long. Guess she was flaunting it...yeah, really weird.
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 25 Jan 2009, 23:59

darknessfood wrote: Why don't cut your wrists, lie down in a corner and bleed to death...
That's only effective, if you explain them first, using both logic and reason as well emotional arguments, to show them how pathetic and hopeless their existence is, and THEN offer this as the only solution to deal with their problems.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 26 Jan 2009, 01:09

This is unbelievable...

When I try to save the trailer with Movie Maker, it doesn't want to work. My used RAM goes up to 2 GB+. The thing is, all the video scenes I want to put together are uncompressed and are 12 GB. I don't know what stupid algorithm it uses but I fear I don't have enough RAM (I have 2 GB + a 4 GB pagefile), because I tried to delete more than half of the scenes and it worked (obviously that was a test). Why the hell does it need to load the whole scenes to memory at once?

Does somebody please know of a program or something that can create 'virtual' ram from the hard disk space? I don't care if it will be much more slow since I need it only to save this trailer. I'm thinking that if I'll give 12 GB of RAM to my PC (virtual obviously) I'll be able to save the trailer. If there's no such program I worked two months in vain :cry:

But this is typical for my life, it was kinda too great to finish the trailer, I was really wondering what happened with my unluckiness...

I so hate my life at this moment, I don't even think I'll be able to sleep well this night...

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 26 Jan 2009, 01:21

Angelspit wrote:
Banedon wrote:I must be one of the very few people who watched Obama's inaugration ceremony and thought, Obama's children are bad, they should be in school. 8| 8|
And miss one of their dad's most memorable day? I'm sure private teachers will be available for them whenever they need to miss school. :)
Yeah ... but. :)
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 26 Jan 2009, 11:57

There is no fuckin "but", m'kay? School is damn waste of time, money and brain cells.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Jan 2009, 13:05

Yeah, and next we have person which can't write his name correct and only words he/she knew are: nub, pwned, rolf :P etc.
Last edited by Avonu on 26 Jan 2009, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 26 Jan 2009, 13:12

Avonu wrote:rolf
Roll on the laughing floor? :P

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 26 Jan 2009, 13:21

I thought about some picture with Rolf and Nival. :P

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 26 Jan 2009, 14:32

Oh you mean:

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 26 Jan 2009, 17:30

Goddamnit! Warner Music is screwing up the YouTube. A lot of songs became unavailable in the last days. It's fuckin annoying! Greedy bastards! Gwaaah!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Jan 2009, 17:43

You mean you can't find free songs anymore because the copyright owners won't give them to you? Those bastards. :tongue:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 26 Jan 2009, 18:05

Asheera wrote:This is unbelievable...

When I try to save the trailer with Movie Maker, it doesn't want to work. My used RAM goes up to 2 GB+. The thing is, all the video scenes I want to put together are uncompressed and are 12 GB. I don't know what stupid algorithm it uses but I fear I don't have enough RAM (I have 2 GB + a 4 GB pagefile), because I tried to delete more than half of the scenes and it worked (obviously that was a test). Why the hell does it need to load the whole scenes to memory at once?

Does somebody please know of a program or something that can create 'virtual' ram from the hard disk space? I don't care if it will be much more slow since I need it only to save this trailer. I'm thinking that if I'll give 12 GB of RAM to my PC (virtual obviously) I'll be able to save the trailer. If there's no such program I worked two months in vain :cry:

But this is typical for my life, it was kinda too great to finish the trailer, I was really wondering what happened with my unluckiness...

I so hate my life at this moment, I don't even think I'll be able to sleep well this night...
VirtualDubMod (grab the first one, VirtualDubMod_1_5_10_2_b2542.zip).
There are others but they cost $$$ unfortunately.
Veldrynus wrote:Goddamnit! Warner Music is screwing up the YouTube. A lot of songs became unavailable in the last days. It's **** annoying! Greedy bastards! Gwaaah!
I can't stand the thought of using something online or listening to music online -- I only like to use that to PREVIEW a song (see if I like it or not) but I always want to download something which I 'select' and know I'll use (even programming articles, not just music for example). I simply can't stand the thought of depending on someone else (the site, server, video uploader, etc...) :P
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Return to “Campfire”