Was anybody else disappointed with the Barbarian faction?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 20 Jan 2009, 17:42

Lol I still remember when Mytical murdered me using the goblin hero. Those guys are tough when boosted.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 20 Jan 2009, 18:24

blizzardboy wrote:Ok, here's something that would make barbarian a lot cooler. For the slave-selling ability, instead of just buying units and selling them at the stronghold...
You mean you can buy a creature on whatever price from other town or external and in the Slave Market you can sell them on a higher price? Never tried that. :|

Bonzer
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Bonzer » 20 Jan 2009, 21:22

parcaleste wrote:
blizzardboy wrote:Ok, here's something that would make barbarian a lot cooler. For the slave-selling ability, instead of just buying units and selling them at the stronghold...
You mean you can buy a creature on whatever price from other town or external and in the Slave Market you can sell them on a higher price? Never tried that. :|
You don't make a profit until you have two marketplaces. Then the selling price goes up with more marketplaces. It's pretty minimal, but can make a difference if money is tight.
We will either find a way, or we will make one. Emperor Hannibal.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 20 Jan 2009, 21:45

[off-topic]Why do you, parcaleste, always write in italics?[/off-topic]

As for that Slave Market, it is useful even with one marketplace, if you have units from some other faction (since you don't need them anyway)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 21 Jan 2009, 06:51

[off-topic]Because I, Asheera, always write in italics. :D [off-topic]

Yeah, if you have some creatures that wish to join your army and you desperately need money, I also do use it. More often in the beginning of the game, otherwise I prefer to squash them and gain the experience.
But you mean if one is having his Stronghold castle and, let's say, one Haven castle, you can buy the Haven creatures and sell them in the Stronghold on a higher price on the slave market on a higher price, or you need to have a second Stronghold town to do so?

Does the Demons Sacrificial Pit or whatever works the same way? I doubt but I had to ask, never thinked on that topic. :|

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 21 Jan 2009, 12:35

The Sacrificial Pit gets rid of creatures for experience, and not money. It also doesn't improve when having more of them or more marketplaces, as far as I know.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

parcaleste
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby parcaleste » 21 Jan 2009, 13:41

I knows it gives experience only, am not playing from yesterday :tongue:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 21 Jan 2009, 19:00

NO... but i wasn't expecting much either...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Heroes V-VI”