3.55 Alpha version of 3.6

Official forum of the Equilibris mod to Heroes of Might and Magic IV (Russian forum)
archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

3.55 Alpha version of 3.6

Unread postby archcorenth » 15 Nov 2008, 21:26

You can download the alpha version of the newest version of Equilibris (3.6) from the Russian forum http://equilibris.celestialheavens.com/ ... &start=100

You need to download the main file and the password for unlocking it is: _F03eru012008

The other file is a test map showing the new features. The main file includes all the winning contest maps.

I just found it using foxlingo to translate the Russian forum.

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby archcorenth » 16 Nov 2008, 07:21

Or I guess I'm wrong there are no contest maps included. Rather i think it's the version of the mod that was released for the contest.

Black Ghost
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Black Ghost » 20 Nov 2008, 21:23

After all these years I could;t bear the temptation to play 3.55.
First impressions are positive:

-some bugs are gone for example diplomacy/charm
-MR is displayed correctly in army and combat window
-creature models got better background
-spell changes (I need to get used to)
-artifact and oracle descriptions
-new adv objects

yet there are things to be done:

-fdragon don;t get Cloud of Confusion in the number of 10
-not all new adv map objects;(
-some quest huts are terribly big
-banks are too strong defended (4x army exp value)

since its an alfa I'm curious how far improved is beta.
But still it's good to play some new equlilibris and to experience new goodies.
"Set your enemies on fire, light a campfire, or roast a duck. It's an all purpose spell!"
- Firebolt (Chaos spell, level 2)

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 Dec 2008, 17:01

Tempting, but since I was able to resist temptation of downloading 3.6 Beta 2, resiting this will be even easier.

And no, I do not intend to post any link or answer to any PM's sent to me.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

JerryShaw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JerryShaw » 05 Dec 2008, 19:51

Akul, I understand if you don't want to test the beta, but why won't you share the link with those who might? You sound like a five year old who got a ps3 for christmas and bragging to all the other kids. To be honest I don't understand why you even bothered to post if you cannot contribute anything to this thread.

Thank you archcorenth for sharing the link for 3.55 with us. At least we know that the team is still working on it.

Like Black Ghost said, 3.55 is decent. I was hoping for more new features, but I suppose we will have to wait until the 3.6 is completely finished. There are many subtle changes to the game and it would have been helpful if there were a list of all the changes in English. Fortunately, the game changes are in English, so no need to learn Russian yet.

And I don't mind the banks being too difficult. It seems to add a little more challenge to the game, but attacking banks are optional, so it would be prudent to level up your hero first before attacking one.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 06 Dec 2008, 11:48

Because the file is hosted on CH site and I saw it by using my FTP manager (I upload maps on teh site). As such, I am not allowed to post the file or the link. If I found it some forum or site, I would post the link. But this is entirely different thing.
My comment about not sending me PM's was to tell you that I am not allowed to post them.

Anyway, I just checked something. Even if numbering says 3.6 beta 2, the dates on FTP say that 3.55a is the newest version because 3.6b2 is 3 years old. So I don't even see a reason for someone to ask for the link. Hopefully, Equi will leave other betas open as they are leacing 3.55a open.

In any case, it is good to see that project is going well because with the last site update concerning Equi was March 30, 2007 and that can be discouraging.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 Dec 2008, 17:42

A good explanation Akul, and it is also good the project is not dead. I am reluctant to use 3.55 for anything but to look at as most people won't have it, so maps designed with it will be unplayable. It now seems 3.6 won't be released in time for what is probably my last H-IV project. :(
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 07 Dec 2008, 03:52

All that stuff is a few years old. The last real update was on 22 October 2004. The only thing we haven't seen in these alpha and beta versions is Liches...
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

JerryShaw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JerryShaw » 07 Dec 2008, 19:00

I'm sorry Akul. I thought you were just showing off. I guess I was too hasty in my judgment.

So is the russian forums are still active? Does that mean equi team just hangs out there more often?

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 09 Dec 2008, 11:06

I have to say again that Equi is still being worked on, but I understand that there are no obvious breakthroughs, news, etc.

Russian forum is a bit more alive, some ideas being discussed. Most of them will never be implemented though. We have got a feedback on guardian strength of new monster banks, for example.

I do not recommend to build maps on any alpha or beta versions - they may be incompatible with released versions.
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby archcorenth » 12 Dec 2008, 06:41

The tougher creatures is my favorite new feature. Heroes IV's biggest problem is that it's too easy.

erik9280
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby erik9280 » 19 Jan 2009, 22:56

where can i get this in english there for i can tell what error is keeping it from loading.

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 27 Jan 2009, 06:12

Hi all, it's been a while.
I have to say again that Equi is still being worked on
So Dalai, is this mod really going to be ever playable?
I mean, interest in Heroes IV is certainly not increasing. Plus, I haven't seen any progress since i left some time ago (that is, years).

You should think of rounding up all currently finished features and objects, remove any work in progress, and make a playable version (if that would be possible).

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 28 Jan 2009, 16:09

Hi Crusard, Master of the "Champions", ;) welcome back!!

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Crusard » 31 Jan 2009, 01:02

wow someone remembers me at least :)
Hi koni, what's going on in the H4 universe?

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 31 Jan 2009, 10:14

h4 online is alive, come here warrior during wait of 3.6....

Dalai
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby Dalai » 01 Feb 2009, 01:46

Crusard wrote:Hi all, it's been a while.
So Dalai, is this mod really going to be ever playable?
Hi. Is it unplayable now?
I mean, interest in Heroes IV is certainly not increasing. Plus, I haven't seen any progress since i left some time ago (that is, years).

You should think of rounding up all currently finished features and objects, remove any work in progress, and make a playable version (if that would be possible).
Yes, that's what we do. Unfortunately, you're not the only one who left. And unlike you, most of them did not create extra content or code to compensate their leaving. So, it's crawling really slow :(
"Not a shred of evidence exists in favour of the idea that life is serious." Brendan Gill

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 07 Feb 2009, 11:01

pacobac wrote:h4 online is alive, come here warrior during wait of 3.6....
Yeah, Iam ready to kick some asses (only quick players welcomed) B-)

pacobac
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby pacobac » 07 Feb 2009, 13:33

dont say only quick player brennus, when u think only weak player.... :D

we know on AC, quickest player are weakest, because of players who are very fast each turn he play, is player who dont know wich some many things we can do on this brain game each turn.......

BrennusWhiskey
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby BrennusWhiskey » 07 Feb 2009, 14:47

I bate many slow unhonoured French players. (Not afraid to play with noobs like you)

Now thaey are on my black list because of problem with reporting their loss.

This is my warning to the rest: be carreful when you playing, some players are pure cheaters!!!

Return to “Equilibris”