New maps have arrived!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby Akul » 07 Jan 2009, 12:54

Multiplayer fans, rejoice for we bring you three new maps that are centered on MP! And all made by famous mapmakers!

First is the Broken Bridge by Vlaad, the very guy known for making maps for H3, H4 and H5. Broken Bridge is a H5toe map designed for casual 1 vs 1 combat, with forts only. His reputation gurantees good gameplay while the map design will please your eyes.

Then we have Mutare's Return by Maygwan - Yurian Stonebow, a MP map based H3ab on official map Dragon's Pass made by NWC/3D0. There are four players (Castle, Rampart, Stronghold and Dungeon), all with the same classic goal: KILL 'EM ALL!

For those wishing a little less-classic MP experience, there is Artas1984's Legions of Dune for H3sod. It is a large, sandy map designed for 2 or 4 people (for more details, please read the nearest map description).

On the maptesting front, there is one H3SoD (made by Yurian Stonebow), one H5std and three H5totE maps coming our way.

Also, I think I am not alone in wishing to play a H4 map for once so I would like to encourage H4 mapmakers to make something.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1231332847
Last edited by Anonymous on 07 Jan 2009, 14:06, edited 1 time in total.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 07 Jan 2009, 13:28

I take it these three maps are for Heroes 3?
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby Akul » 07 Jan 2009, 14:04

...how the hell did I manage to forget to mention the map versions? I'll fix it immediately!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby Kalah » 07 Jan 2009, 15:25

Maybe I'll finish that H4 map I started waaay back when....
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 07 Jan 2009, 17:06

A guy at Heroes Community finished a Heroes IV map yesterday but I'm not sure if he'll release it here... or if he even knows about this site :tired:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby Angelspit » 08 Jan 2009, 19:01

I want to highlight Akul's hard work during the past months. Without him I'm not sure maps would still be published on this site. Thanks buddy.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby Akul » 08 Jan 2009, 19:35

I am just glad that I can somehow contribute to one of the best sites on the internet.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 09 Jan 2009, 10:28

Thumbs up for Akul who keeps the Map Departement operating with style. Job well done & much appreciated.

As for the recently published collaboration map by Maygwan and yours truly, I'm currently discussing with him about an update to the map being sent to the Staff, as well as an update to one of his previously published work in which I served as an advisor. More on this to come.
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: New maps have arrived!

Unread postby Humakt » 09 Jan 2009, 15:08

Akul wrote:
Also, I think I am not alone in wishing to play a H4 map for once so I would like to encourage H4 mapmakers to make something.
I might have something coming up my sleeve. Lets hope it is not yet another of those lousy rabbits. ;)
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 09 Jan 2009, 15:23

Lousy? That card looks quite good. But again I'm comparing it to my 3rd edition/Ice Age oldies. ;)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Humakt » 09 Jan 2009, 16:04

Angelspit wrote:Lousy? That card looks quite good. But again I'm comparing it to my 3rd edition/Ice Age oldies. ;)
You might change your mind if a rabbit like that would crawl through your sleeve on regular basis.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 09 Jan 2009, 16:44

It's good to still get new maps from time to time, they are what the game(heroes III) needs. keep up the good work mapmakers!! :-D

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby Artas1984 » 12 Jan 2009, 14:13

Seems to me some people did not like my newest map "Legion Of Dune" too much...

While a admit that it's play-ability is not the greatest (bigest), compared to the likes if "IDOED" or "TIW", i still would like to hear a feedback on this, so someone reply WTF. Maby you have some suggestions or critics? Speak up!1984
Edited on Mon, Jan 12 2009, 09:18 by Artas1984
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby astral76minor » 13 Jan 2009, 00:49

Angelspit, did you fix the website to say impossible size map instead of extra large for those of us who go through the burden of making a 320 x 320 size H5 ToE map? There is a huge difference in size comparing extra large maps to impossible size. It would help since these maps take months to make. And some people may download an extra large to find out it's really an impossible size map.....

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Re: New maps have arrived!

Unread postby Vlaad II » 13 Jan 2009, 16:11

Artas1984 wrote:Seems to me some people did not like my newest map "Legion Of Dune" too much...

While a admit that it's play-ability is not the greatest (bigest), compared to the likes if "IDOED" or "TIW", i still would like to hear a feedback on this, so someone reply WTF. Maby you have some suggestions or critics? Speak up!1984
Edited on Mon, Jan 12 2009, 09:18 by Artas1984
Hi Artas, I gave your map a try. I thought the adventure map was nice, felt exactly like desert... Also, the challenge is good in the beginning (I didn't play much, sorry) and it seems the general idea and the layout are interesting.

I didn't like the setup though; I played Castle and got Tyris (WTF? Why her? Whyyyy, God?! LOL). Why not let players choose the starting hero or leave it random?

In addition, perhaps you could introduce movement artifacts, Logistics/Pathfinding and/or Nomads early in the game. Of course, the player should fight for those.

Finally, I see the Barbarian has access to Necromancy (from a Witch Hut), which is just weird.

The bottom line is it's a promising map with a unique gameplay, but could use some tweaking in v. 1.1. :)
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby Artas1984 » 13 Jan 2009, 21:51

Vlad, your'e right about 2 things: i agree that i could have added more movement artifacts, besides the map is short of them in general, however this i how i like - i am the type of guy that does not like to overload the map with goodies and that way i keep them harder or more realistic.

And now how could i have had that necromancy skill lol.. Whatever..

I don't do upgrades on maps, unless there are only serious errors, i correct them and ask Angel to replace the file..

I would have rated this map myself 7.5, since i have played it and noticed that it is not as thrilling as some of my other ones, but rating below 7 is an insult to me, as if someone just rates it out of jelousy or simply to defile me, there are far worse maps with higher ratings than 7 anyway.. I wish there was no rating at all, it does not show anything..

There might be some stupid children who might rate the maps good because they see "lots artifacts and monsters". This is so BS.

Btw, Mutare's Return is great, i rated it 9.

If you wish a feedback on it Yuri, i will give it.
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 13 Jan 2009, 22:34

Yeah, ratings suck. LOL It's even worse at maps4heroes, where some maps get grade 1/10 just a few hours after they are uploaded. I've never seen a map that deserves 1/10 (perhaps if it's unplayable, but even then it's better to send a note to the mapmaker and warn him about the bugs).

I wish there were comments only...
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

maygwan
Scout
Scout

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby maygwan » 14 Jan 2009, 01:41

Has anyone played Mutare's Return yet and how have you found the map overall.

And just to let you guys know i have just posted my latest work a water based pirate adventure map it's really fun to play the links to download are in the forum.

It as been forwarded to ch also.
Edited on Tue, Jan 13 2009, 20:44 by maygwan

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby fiur » 14 Jan 2009, 02:05

well I've given Akul the link to my new map (The Giant's) I hope it's gonna be posted here too soon....

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

New maps have arrived!

Unread postby Artas1984 » 14 Jan 2009, 16:04

I forgot to explain about Tyris Vlad: the main secondary goal of the map was to get the "Statue Of Legion" in the center of the dune. As known, it's highest rating component "Head Of Legion" increases the population of level 6 creatures, that's why in both teams, the main heroes were those, who have the specialization of level 6 creatures. That's why i have also disabled level 7 creatures, perhaps some did not like that and gave a low rating due that.

This map is INTENDED to be without level 7 creatures deliberately, for once i wanted to show that level 6 creatures might be considered also important.
Edited on Wed, Jan 14 2009, 11:06 by Artas1984

Return to “News”