Bizarre News

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Nov 2008, 19:00

*honk*

:ashamed:

*honk...*
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Nov 2008, 07:30

and me here thinking that the plane snapping to a perfect landing angle just when it's about to hit the landing strip would have been the most obvious clue...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ScarlettP
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby ScarlettP » 21 Nov 2008, 11:21

All I want for Christmas is a Space ship.

The Signal Mountain "Space Ship" house is up for sale again. It last sold in March, but the buyer defaulted.

Not long after the auction gavel fell on that cold and rainy afternoon in March, the top bidder failed to pay in full for one of the solar system's most fascinating and photographed pieces of real estate.

Now, it's going on the block again in mid December. Just what everyone wants for Christmas!

Full Artical: http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_139345.asp

Gamers don't grow old. We just level up.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 21 Nov 2008, 12:11

Now, if it could fly and move into outer space then it would be great :P :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 23 Nov 2008, 20:41

Obviously life just wouldn't be complete without neo-nazi jews...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle ... 744966.stm
Jail terms for Israeli neo-Nazis

Eight teenagers have been sentenced to time in jail by a court in Israel for carrying out a series of neo-Nazi attacks that shocked the nation.

The eight, aged from 16 to 19, were found guilty of attacking religious Jews, gays and drug addicts, and the desecration of a synagogue.

The group, immigrants to Israel from the former Soviet Union, were sentenced to between one and seven years in jail.

Israel was founded in the wake of the Nazi Holocaust in which millions died.

One of those convicted was the grandson of a Holocaust survivor.

There was widespread revulsion in Israel when the existence of the neo-Nazi gang was revealed after their arrests in 2007.

:lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu: :lolu:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Nov 2008, 08:19

Jean-Claude Van Damme, not really into subtlety...

http://www.newsweek.com/id/169176

There's a monologue in the film about being a washed-up action star. Did you improvise that?
I like structure—like driving: go past the school on the street, stay on the right side, no hitting the car, go in right, you'll see a big church, stop and take a left, and you'll have it. By doing this I'm giving a structure of life, a path of light, and showing what happens between me and me, which is something very beautiful.

Beautiful? Why?
I really opened myself up in "JCVD." I peeled back the skin of the fruit, cut the pulp and then took that very hard seed. In this film I cut that hard seed, and inside that seed was a kind of liquid cream substance of the man I am, or the woman you are.

OK —
It was like being naked—I would love to be naked in front of you.

Well, I —
Not being naked being naked. I say such things in Hong Kong and they thought I was being a crazy Frenchman. Being naked of protection.

So you ' ve no regrets at all?
Believe me—I've done very good stuff and very crazy stuff, and I don't regret the crazy stuff. So are you in New York?

Yes, I am.
And are you 27, or 32?

I ' m 22.
Oh, f–––. That is very young. Will you come to the premiere?

I don ' t know. When is it?
I don't know. You will wear all black, a black dress and high heels?

Uh —
You can come find me, I will be the one with the very broad shoulders, dark hair and a simple suit. We can have some champagne, you and me.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 16 Dec 2008, 23:35

On the TV news right now is a piece about Eastern European liquor smugglers taking their brew into Norway, camouflaged as vodka. That's nothing new. The fact that they parked their truck in the Norwegian Customs Bureau's parking lot... that's new. :loll:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 16 Dec 2008, 23:37

A turkish boy locked himself in a safe, check...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 17 Dec 2008, 12:15

Wow 8|

Imagine if nobody saw that and didn't call the police...
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 17 Dec 2008, 14:24

Yeah, but all turned out good, and now, it's funny :D!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Dec 2008, 12:49

See what happens when Obama wins?! White ppl go to jail...
Bristol Palin's boyfriend's mom arrested in drug case

(CNN) -- Sherry Johnston, whose son is having a baby with the daughter of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, was arrested Thursday on drug charges, Alaska State Police said.

Johnston's teenage son, Levi, is the boyfriend of Bristol Palin, eldest daughter of the former GOP vice-presidential nominee.

Johnston was arrested in her home in Wasilla, Alaska, on six felony counts of misconduct involving a controlled substance, police said.

The warrant resulted from an undercover investigation that "had been going on for a while," Alaska State Trooper spokeswoman Megan Peters said.

Peters would not describe the type or amount of drugs allegedly involved in the arrest, saying such disclosures "could hamper the investigation."

Deborah Miller, supervisor of the criminal department in the clerk's office in Palmer, Alaska, told CNN that Sherry Johnston was released on bail and is scheduled to be arraigned January 6.

Palin spokesman Bill McAllister would not comment on the arrest.

"This is not a state government matter," he said.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 30 Dec 2008, 21:42

I just found out something bizarre from Borsuc at HC (well, TheDeath there)

Microsoft wants you to pay by how much you use Windows:
Microsoft's plan would instead monitor the machine to track things such as disk storage space, processor cores and memory used, then bill the user for what was consumed during a set period.
the company admitted that the overall cost to the user might be higher than for a standard PC purchase.
Five Reasons Microsoft Wants To Do This
1. The Road Has Run Out On Microsoft's Traditional Software Licensing Business Model.
2. The Pay As You Go Model Makes Microsoft The Sole Toll Taker.
3. Microsoft Wants Your Credit Card.
4. Google Is Eating Microsoft's Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner.
5. Microsoft Wants To Control The Horizontal And Vertical Of Your Internet Experience.

This just sucks... if it will ever happen. :tsdown:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 Jan 2009, 16:44

yeah, i bet the Mac ppl just infiltrated MS and are trying to ruin them...

and talking about patents:

http://www.google.com/patents?id=wv5-AA ... =7,181,690

http://www.massively.com/2008/12/30/the ... christmas/

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/1/2/

You might remember earlier in the month we reported on Worlds.com placing down patents on two technologies that we commonly use in the MMO industry -- scalable chat and system and method of enabling users of interacting in a virtual space -- and how much havoc this could play with our favorite games. We also made the assumption that lawyers were going to begin marching from Worlds.com with suits in hand, beginning their demands of money.

It turns out our assumption was right. Worlds.com has filed the necessary paper work to bring a suit against one of the big names in our industry: NCsoft. The suit was filed on Christmas Eve, December 24th, and charged NCsoft with infringement of patent 7,181,690, the system and method of enabling users of interacting in a virtual space, which was granted in early 2007. The suit cites all NCsoft titles, from Lineage to Aion, as the grounds for the patent infringement.

As a small side note, patent 7,181,690 was filed in 2000 -- over a year after EverQuest launched and dominated the fledgling industry with somewhere around 300,000 subscribers.

We contacted Worlds.com for comment on the 14th of December in connection with our first story, but they have not returned our requests for comment.

We'll keep our ears to the ground as more developments appear in this story.

Return to “Campfire”