hey im new and got a noob question

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
TehPostman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

hey im new and got a noob question

Unread postby TehPostman » 14 Dec 2008, 06:41

so time for a noob to ask a question, me and my friend were playing together and the computer takes forever to do its turn its kinda random its like sometimes 1 computer is fast and then the other one is just really really slow it takes like 3 minutes for it to finish and its annoying like crazy, is there any mods or anything to do to force it to go faster? B-)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 14 Dec 2008, 11:59

No.

If I remember correctly there is a way to set a 'time limit' for the AI, but that would also make it very stupid in those long turns (since you 'kick it out' of its turn), so I'm not sure if you'd really like it.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 14 Dec 2008, 16:09

I know the feeling. I just completed an impossible size map called "Agression". It took me a week to get through it, 13 months of game time. The long waits were a pain. I even doubled my RAM from 2GB to 4GB and no increase in speed. I don't think the graphic card is the answer because it is waiting for the computer to think things through. Maybe Nival needs to better engineer the memory and CPU usage for the engine.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 14 Dec 2008, 16:22

More than 2 GB is not really needed for TotE. But a better processor may improve the AI loading speed.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Dec 2008, 16:36

Ed Robinson wrote:Maybe Nival needs to better engineer the memory and CPU usage for the engine.
BINGO...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Ironmallet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironmallet » 15 Dec 2008, 01:18

ThunderTitan wrote:
Ed Robinson wrote:Maybe Nival needs to better engineer the memory and CPU usage for the engine.
BINGO...
I can only second that, the game's optimization sucks. I get these unexplainable slowdowns. For example, after Vampire Princes apply Torpor to their target, my FPS drops into the teens for the next 5 or so seconds without any logical explanation. And this is just an example.

My PC, I'm sure, is more than ample for H5... but I digress...

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 15 Dec 2008, 04:10

Wasn't there a mod that limited the number of AI heroes? Would that help? Dunno if it was updated for TotE though...
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Dec 2008, 07:24

Ironmallet wrote: I can only second that, the game's optimization sucks. I get these unexplainable slowdowns. For example, after Vampire Princes apply Torpor to their target, my FPS drops into the teens for the next 5 or so seconds without any logical explanation. And this is just an example.

My PC, I'm sure, is more than ample for H5... but I digress...
And TotE was actually better optimized then the previous ones from what i recall.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 15 Dec 2008, 12:39

One major slowdown in battle are the effects, and the Dirt & Taiga terrain types. Especially Firewall used to lower the FPS considerably until I got my new comp (no slowdowns whatsoever now, even if I zoom out on the adv map at max)

AngelEyes
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby AngelEyes » 15 Dec 2008, 18:38

Vlaad II wrote:Wasn't there a mod that limited the number of AI heroes? Would that help? Dunno if it was updated for TotE though...
http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... highlight=

Return to “Heroes V-VI”