Ghosts of the Past.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Ironmallet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Ghosts of the Past.

Unread postby Ironmallet » 30 Nov 2008, 19:39

Is that project still alive?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 30 Nov 2008, 19:45

Unfortunately, it died and is not planned to be resurrected again...
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Ironmallet
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironmallet » 30 Nov 2008, 19:53

Asheera wrote:Unfortunately, it died and is not planned to be resurrected again...
Then wouldn't it be wise to remove it from the community section on the main website?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 30 Nov 2008, 20:08

Well, maybe they forgot? As I see, the forum section has been removed.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 01 Dec 2008, 01:11

Why did they stop. They even got the Ubi seal of aprovement...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 01 Dec 2008, 08:36

darknessfood wrote:Why did they stop. They even got the Ubi seal of aprovement...
I would have quit because of that...

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 01 Dec 2008, 12:39

darknessfood wrote:Why did they stop. They even got the Ubi seal of aprovement...
Lack of interest/inspiration/time probably.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 01 Dec 2008, 14:09

haha Pitsu good one.

I wasn't part of the project...but it probably wasn't a good idea to base it off of HoF. We knew there would be another expansion...we didn't know it would be stand-alone. That's probably what killed GOTP.

I've played some of the LOTA campaigns, which require HoF, but must people who bought Tribes won't.

Deadguy118
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Deadguy118 » 02 Dec 2008, 22:22

Wait, an overly-ambitious fan made project dead? Never heard that one before....
Back from the dead? Maybe.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 02 Dec 2008, 22:24

Actually it didn't even get far, if I remember correctly.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Dec 2008, 08:28

If they'd actually had it in them to finish it they'd prob would have also have been able to actually start working in the dev business... which they would have prob been already trying for then.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 03 Dec 2008, 21:41

The first project was started at HC maybe around early '07 and was led by Vokial. It produced some interesting screenshots and plans, plus a beta, but failed after three of the four members disappeared without warning (:P) and was unofficially dead for months. There were plans to make the Renegades into a faction of their own, among other things. Winterfate and Theolonius made a great effort to keep the GotP forum here going, thanks to them for that.

The second project was "resurrected" around September '07 by Kronos and I (Cepheus) at HC. Angelspit kindly announced it here, and gave control of its forum to me. We created a few things which you can still find here and there, but after some time (and a hard drive crash on my end) we got preoccupied with other stuff we were already in the middle of.

Kronos was already working on a larger mod named Tales of Karador (work is still ongoing on that!), and then after Vokial returned, things became a real mess. Tribes of the East came out around then, and we got too caught up in it to start converting the old Hammers of Fate-based GotP beta to a TotE variant. Meanwhile the GotP forum over here had not been posted in for a while. So we decided to focus on the ToK project and leave GotP to Vokial.

What we planned was to return to the GotP mod after finishing ToK, but then we added more and more to ToK and still have yet to complete it. Last I heard of GotP (around February?) Vokial was working on a TotE beta.

So rather than let the GotP forum here at Celestial Heavens sit there wasting space, I let Angelspit know the situation, and he thanked me and moved all threads to the Modcrafters' Guild. I toyed around with the idea of asking to convert the GotP forum into a ToK one, but decided against it for various reasons. I still have some old GotP material hanging around here, including old hero portraits, but nothing major.

I decided I'd go and debate lore in the Might and Magic forum, and that was the origin of that. There's your not-so-brief history :devious:

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Dec 2008, 00:57

Corlagon wrote:I decided I'd go and debate lore in the Might and Magic forum, and that was the origin of that. There's your not-so-brief history :devious:
Go there, Corlagon. I have a perfect conclusion for our last debate ;)
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 04 Dec 2008, 19:47

Pitsu wrote:
I would have quit because of that...
Second the lol at that. :hoo:

XEL II
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby XEL II » 04 Dec 2008, 21:22

Wasn't it LotA, which got the Seal?
Make you strong places to dwell and practice the evil of your arts. Build great monuments to stand through the ages and remind your followers of the task with which you have been charged. Use these halls of iniquity to perpetrate your schemes against the infestation that has taken the fields and lakes of this land from you, their rightful masters. Never forget the hatred that must finally overcome and consume mankind. Dwell in your dungeons and brood. - Sheltem the Dark

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 04 Dec 2008, 21:34

LotA did get it, I'm not sure about GotP, but what's wrong if both got it?

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 08 Dec 2008, 09:45

Kareeah Indaga wrote:
Pitsu wrote: I would have quit because of that...
Second the lol at that. :hoo:
May be funny, but when LotA got the seal i was close to ask Marzhin to remove my name from LotA credits. I have my own opinion about that seal and have no love for it :disagree:

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 11 Dec 2008, 11:53

The funny thing is I didn't ask for the seal myself. Someone on the Ubi forums (I don't know who) sent an e-mail to the guys at Ubi saying LotA was great and deserved the seal. A few months later, I received an e-mail telling me LotA had been "approved".

I still feel rather proud of the fact that, through LotA, Ubi approved something related to the old M&M universe.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 25 Dec 2008, 12:16

Asheera wrote:LotA did get it, I'm not sure about GotP, but what's wrong if both got it?
Nothing wrong, it`s just that GotP never did anything worth of anything. Not to sound harsh but it`s kinda true.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”