MM8 Mod?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

MM8 Mod?

Unread postby Stryfer » 23 Nov 2008, 11:53

How come everyone mods using mm7? What about 8? It had a very cool "hidden" feature with it's hireling system, making it so that when you get to the last part of the game you can play practicly ANY class in any build you like. So you can acctually use all those items you find that are not suited for the current party. This means you can really enjoy the open world with all the characters without having to go through the same quests over and over to experience the few differences.
Also it has a built in dragon race and the most unique selection of characters I've ever seen in a game. Plus it's the least buggy...

So I'd like to know, how come everyone uses mm7? Maybe it's just me, but mm8 has a much more fun and flexible character system, plus the world is more enjoyble than in the pervious games because of it...
Thats my opinion at least, don't hate me for it :D

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 23 Nov 2008, 12:46

MM8 engine is better in many other ways too.
It has more easier game code.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 23 Nov 2008, 13:54

Well, you might start to make a MOD for MM8 ;). Anyway, I think the main reason that people MOD MM7 is that (for most people) it's the best MM game there is.
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 23 Nov 2008, 16:34

MM8 is good game too.
Maybe not so intersting as previous, not so long as MM6 but good.
Maybe it needed more quests, more interesting main line and do something with party from 5 members. Or remade it for solo play and make monsters weaker.
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 23 Nov 2008, 16:44

vladimir-maestro wrote:MM8 is good game too.
Maybe not so intersting as previous, not so long as MM6 but good.
Maybe it needed more quests, more interesting main line and do something with party from 5 members. Or remade it for solo play and make monsters weaker.
solo play? you can always solo play just let the other members die :devious: :devil:

Hmm this look interesting to use M&M8engine i tried too use M&M7 but it too limmited for my idea's
Thats way i use unreal engine / i know its odd but i have more options thats way.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 23 Nov 2008, 17:27

Actually, prior to my heart attacks, I was working on an MM8 mod. The engine does have some nice features, and the additional event code instructions are most welcomed!

For what it is worth.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 23 Nov 2008, 17:34

Big Daddy Jim wrote:Actually, prior to my heart attacks, I was working on an MM8 mod. The engine does have some nice features, and the additional event code instructions are most welcomed!

For what it is worth.

BDJ
So you Working already on a M&M8 mod BDJ NICE B-) :oex: :-D

Hmm i think asterix15 my know it (event code instructions)

hmm wy not make a Wiki manual too how too mod M&M engines

http://rewiki.regengedanken.de/wiki/Might_and_Magic_6

http://www.ghisler.com/index.htm

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 23 Nov 2008, 18:03

Deja,

I'm not really 'up for' another mod at this stage due to my current life's circumstances. However, who knows what the future may hold?

My last significant contribution to the modding community was a series of three Modder's Guides dealing with some basic topics. I doubt that I have much more to offer the community other than, perhaps advise, or play testing.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 23 Nov 2008, 22:48

I too liked MM8 very much. I don't have a clue about modding though..

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 24 Nov 2008, 00:28

MM8 was a really stupid game, but had a great engine with lots of potential. In my opinion a mod made in MM8 would be the best. I think someone should build that sci-fi city NWC planned on ;)

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 24 Nov 2008, 12:19

Well I think I'd make one...if I knew a single thing about modding :S When it comes to that stuff I'm afraid my experience is limited to a Magic Workstation theme which I'm not very proud of either :mad:

Either way though, could anyone tell me what the difference in the code and engine is that makes it so flexible? Not that I would know how to use it, I'm just curious since MM6-MM8 seem the same to me...

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 24 Nov 2008, 14:19

I see plenty of stuff stolen from MM8 anyway. Look at the items in BDJ and maestros mod.

Stryfer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Stryfer » 24 Nov 2008, 16:37

I've seen them. I just wish someone would steal the character selection! :( Actually I wish someone would take it even further :D

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 24 Nov 2008, 17:20

M&M8 was too easy(dragons), but it has a lot of potential [like a solo party, a secondary skill linked to a race (dragons,dark elves,vampires) and more things]. For sure that in the future there will be MODs based on it.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 24 Nov 2008, 18:06

If a man who created MM7.EXE class importer will create the same thing for MM8 - I will MOD it with pleasure for the solo game B-)
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

DarthVadre
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby DarthVadre » 24 Nov 2008, 23:37

i would love to play a true MM solo game i've beaten mm8 solo and beaten mm7 solo on the dark path

koval321
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby koval321 » 02 Dec 2008, 12:33

MM8 have good and bad sides, so am not sure its better from other parts, just different.

Start game solo could be good if you could hire any other member in tavern (easy to find new members), without limit of experience (i even dont known how much exp i need so at any new level i must visit the same person beg him to join, its stupid!) anyway was possible to encounter situation when you got two the same faces in team, like twins or something.

Many different races was ok, but instead of dragons maybe better could be lizardmans

One good thing as progress was new paperdolls and voices. But maybe they should use photo real peoples like MM6 (here they could be stuning, but these blue skins.. i dont known) Two favourite persons was necromant with australian accent, and vampirella "am de best"

Also i wish game to be less linear, for example start in middle of world, so you could walk in any direction. But again you MUST do something at begining.. then later feel some freedom.

Also maybe some new spells, i have deja-vu still the same list of spells compare to previously parts. When you play mage and learn everything, game start to become boring. So let say that many spells (and items) that could always find something new or make some dificulty to learn spells. For example impossible to buy them, just find book of spells as treasure of dungeon (so you should visit all dungeons to learn them all) Last time i played four necromants (i used save game mod which put every persons for hire to tavern) game was interesting to time when i learn everything and bore so much i was unable finish it. Anyway "boring" is worst thing in game, so even stupid items and spells, but many of them is always good!.

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 05 Dec 2008, 15:09

Australian minotaur = Nothing better.

I personally loved the dragon class despite how cheap it was at times. I always thought lizardmen should be a class, but I'd rather it be in addition to rather than replace dragons.

I didn't care for the colour-coded monsters to signify rank, but I liked it better than MM VII's size-coded one.

I also liked the interchangable class system and the many races. Playing humans (or things with vague differences e.g. MMVII) constantly is really boring, in my opinion.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

Deyja

Unread postby Deyja » 05 Dec 2008, 15:23

hmm i missed the dark: Reanimate spell too make a zombie in the party

M&M6 just Reanimate the monster /usseless

M&M7 Reanimate monster + becomes ally + can be used too on Character too have a zombie in party.^^ /Godlike^^

M&M8 Reanimate monster + becomes ally / it goes too use it but bit usseless

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 05 Dec 2008, 16:23

MM8 do not have proper Zombie sprite :D
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
---
---

Return to “Might and Magic”