The American Football Thread

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
jeff

Unread postby jeff » 18 Sep 2008, 23:32

Ed Robinson wrote:Anyone see the end of the Denver/San Diego game? I would have been upset by the bad calls if they hadn't helped Denver. After the playoffs last year, with LT sitting on the bench with a towel wrapped around his head and that sorry excuse for a quaterback Rivers I really can't feel bad for the Chargers.
It was a bad call, the ref knew it, but the rules prevented him from changing the call. :disagree:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 21 Sep 2008, 20:53

Wow, didn't see that coming! I expected my Patriots to have some losses this season but not like Miami beat us. They looked great. If they keep playing like that, the division is theirs for the taking.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 22 Sep 2008, 05:50

Another game the Bears could have won. Coulda, shoulda, woulda...
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 06 Oct 2008, 15:23

All right. A win. Now the Bears are tied for the division lead at 2-2.

Edit: And just like that, they're at the top of the division. (3-2)
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 20 Oct 2008, 01:35

Ughhhhhhh, Dallas played absolutely brutal today. Hopefully, we can turn it around soon, with the NFC East being so good this year.

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 31 Oct 2008, 02:02

dallasmavs41 wrote:Ughhhhhhh, Dallas played absolutely brutal today.
Maybe it's possible to have too many Roy Williamses?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 02 Nov 2008, 15:55

Texas, Texas Tech what a game and what a finish. 8|

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 08 Nov 2008, 05:45

That it was. I was expecting Tech to fold at the end, but they didn't. It looks like Mike Leach finally has a complete football team. Now they gotta keep it going against Oklahoma State.

And that Mike Leach is quite the goof. :loll:

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 24 Nov 2008, 00:03

Pat's looked great today. They should have buried the Jets last week. Looks like the Jets handled Tennessee today. Pats are still the best of the division.

Paulus1
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Paulus1 » 24 Nov 2008, 00:31

Ed Robinson wrote:Pats are still the best of the division.
With their recent track record, the Jets seems like one of the top contenders... and in front of the Patriots. It's still a fairly strong showing of the Patriots to be hanging on with Brady out all season.

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 08 Dec 2008, 17:30

Well now the Pats are in a 3 way tie for the division. The Jets have the better in division record but hopefully the Bills will take care of that next weekend. I must say, I can't recall a season with more injuries on all of the teams. I don't know what has happened to training. This could be the season of the last man standing.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 27 Dec 2008, 14:57

The last playoff spots will be determined on the last day of play :-D , and the bowl games will get better every day through the national title game. :hoo:

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 29 Dec 2008, 17:45

Well, the Pats stay home at 11-5. Last time an 11 game winner stayed home was 1985. Miami deserved the win and made an awsome comeback after last years record. Tip of the hat to the Tuna.

Mangini got his just deserts and will be looking for a job. Romeo might be with him in the unemployment line. Looking good as a New England assistant doesn't mean you're the greatest because New England is a team. If you go where there is not that level of support, you're on thin ice.

It's too bad we'll undoubtedly loose Cassel but the same holds true. He looks better than he is because the team supported him. Good luck!

Ed Robinson
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ed Robinson » 29 Dec 2008, 17:45

Well, the Pats stay home at 11-5. Last time an 11 game winner stayed home was 1985. Miami deserved the win and made an awsome comeback after last years record. Tip of the hat to the Tuna.

Mangini got his just deserts and will be looking for a job. Romeo might be with him in the unemployment line. Looking good as a New England assistant doesn't mean you're the greatest because New England is a team. If you go where there is not that level of support, you're on thin ice.

It's too bad we'll undoubtedly loose Cassel but the same holds true. He looks better than he is because the team supported him. Good luck!

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 30 Dec 2008, 15:17

The Cowboys have found their fall guy. After spending big bucks to keep Jason Garrett from becoming the Ravens coach last off season, Romo and TO throw him under the bus and the Cowboys let the Lions interview him for their job. How the mighty have fallen, he could have been the Ravens coach, now the Lions may be the only ones interested. :loll: It appears the Ravens dodged a bullet.

Return to “Campfire”