Random Thoughts - Second Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Nov 2008, 16:50

Well, my strategy - regarding the computers - currently is to delaying everything till the march of next year, in which time I should be getting new computer. (My own plan! :D )

Till yet I don't see it too "pink", I have perfect lcd panel and the engine under it is from y2k. Sss, it's slow.

I'm also not sure how effective would be to rewritting it, it's common phpbb thing so it's to be expected that thousands of people were dealing with it before me. And I also should check phpbb3. My domain are small changes not redoing whole forum. Layouts, elements in layouts, bbcode, antispam etc... here's someone else for the whole "databasing" thingy. True programmer unlike me. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 17 Nov 2008, 18:03

Don't bother anyway, it's not like there are a lot of sites with parentheses in their address :)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Nov 2008, 18:20

You may be surprised what all can be in url address, if that would be only parenthesis, space, equal sign, and sign and question mark all would be fine. However life can is very cruel.. :devious:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 17 Nov 2008, 18:21

I like beer...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 Nov 2008, 18:53

I know. But can must be enough for now. :D
"We made it!"

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 17 Nov 2008, 19:50

Asheera wrote:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:No one had random thoughts since friday?!! 8|
Well in the last days it has been more like:

:D
Is it the same at the HC? Probably not. I'm scared to have a look myself since those viruses started appearing.

The little orc is recovering from his cold, and back in daycare, so things are better now.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 17 Nov 2008, 20:02

There's some more activity at HC indeed. Oh and there are no more viruses now, but who knows when they'll come back? Maybe even this very moment.

And good to hear the little orc recovered :)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 17 Nov 2008, 23:02

Yeah, nothing is better then a healthy young orc, relieved to hear that AS :)!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 18 Nov 2008, 15:45

Just woke up, having slept for 14 hours, because I didn't sleep the night before. I remember the days when I could stay up all night and all of the following day and still be content with only 8 hours sleep afterwards... I'm getting old.. :tired:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Nov 2008, 16:14

14 hours? :D

That's a lot :P

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Nov 2008, 00:05

I'm awake. :oex:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 19 Nov 2008, 01:25

Yeah, me too :D!

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Nov 2008, 02:03

*sings* Wiiiide awaaake! I'm wide awake! After all, it's only 3 o'clock in the morning... :)

Edit: I just dropped a piece of chocolate on my foot. Funny enough, it stayed there. So I did a Ronaldinho and flicked it back up into the air. Incredibly, I managed to catch it in my mouth. Honest truth. And really cool. If you're a bloke. And a bit weird. :D

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 19 Nov 2008, 04:23

Colds suck. Sinus infections suck. Especially when running low on sick days.
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Nov 2008, 05:54

We've got more snow than we need. Want some? :D

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 19 Nov 2008, 07:47

Kalah wrote: I just dropped a piece of chocolate on my foot. Funny enough, it stayed there. So I did a Ronaldinho and flicked it back up into the air. Incredibly, I managed to catch it in my mouth. Honest truth. And really cool. If you're a bloke. And a bit weird. :D
:vomit: blehh...

I'm studying for my examinations on Friday, and I keep waking up at 3pm and not doing much till 5am. *sings* Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide awake
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 19 Nov 2008, 09:11

Go Kalah :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Nov 2008, 09:18

Still awake at 10 a.m. Now I'm wondering whether I should a) go to sleep, b) go to the shops, or c) whack myself with something hard as punishment for playing X3 instead of doing something useful all night.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 19 Nov 2008, 09:56

Since you are awake go do something, there's always time to sleep at noon :)
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 19 Nov 2008, 11:58

Mind over matter doesn't work *shakes fist* It's cold and windy here, and I don't mind freezing, but my body still gets sick when I don't dress enough for the weather.
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Return to “Campfire”