RT Game Thread: Rules & Regs

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Oct 2008, 01:00

Yeah, but it's not just about keeping the lid on the spam; it's also about preventing all sorts of bad games popping up... Quality control, we call it ;)
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 19 Oct 2008, 04:27

Corribus wrote:
Kalah wrote:The guessing game isn't far from closing. Let's wait a bit.
Don't you think the 5 game "rule" is a little... obselete? I mean, it's not like there's much else going on here.
Yes, but you know, what would Kalah do if he could not keep up the image of his power. :devil:
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 19 Oct 2008, 14:46

You have no idea... :devious:

But you're right about one thing, that auction thing isn't really moving. It's popular, though, so if it starts to gain momentum again, it would be a shame to close it without first concluding the bidding.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Nov 2008, 17:04

Campfire game status:

1. HangMan #6 ------> Active
2. Caladont #3 ------> Active
3. The Guessing Game ------> closes when first player reaches 100 points
4. The Association Game ------> spamming fun, closes at page #50
5. HoMM3 Auction ------> Inactive... closing unless revived
6. M&M Riddle Game ------> Inactive... closing unless revived

If you guys have any good ideas for new games, I'd love to hear 'em. Post them here, explaining what it's about. :)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 02 Nov 2008, 17:08

Well I have a game in mind, this is the description I was going to post in the first post:

There's a special "code" that you'll have to decipher. You'll have to bring 'something' with you (a word), and it depends on the word you bring and the current code if you can pass the Green Glass Door with it or not.

After you pass the Door, it's not over yet. Your objective is to decipher the code, not to pass the door. Passing the door just gives you more clues about the code (since you know that the word you used bypassed the test)

The first one to decipher the code wins the round. There are multiple rounds, and each one has a different code to break.

After the end of a round, if the winner wants he/she can take my position and organize the next one. If not then I'll continue it. ;)

After you post a word, you must wait for my response before posting a new one; you can post only one word in a 'turn'. Also, trying to guess the code also counts as a word, so this should discourage people from guessing blindly :P

Let's take an example.

Let's say the round's code is to have double letters consecutively in your word. I start with "I bring a book, I can pass the door."

Then person A says: "I bring a box.", while Person B says: "I bring a spoon.".

Then I say that Person A can't pass the door with what he/she brings, but Person B can.

Then they guess again. Person A says: "I bring a fork." and Person B: "I'll bring cups."

I say both can't get in with those things.

Then Person B attempts to guess the code, but fails. Person A says: "I'll bring food."

My answer is that Person B guessed the code wrong, and that Person A can come through the door.

Then finally Person A figures the code out and says: "The Code is: double letters consecutively.".

I say it's correct, and then Person A is the winner. :)

He/She will be able to take my position and organize the next round, if he/she likes. Otherwise I'll continue it.

Also, I may give clues from time to time (I'll 'bring' something like the rest of the players, but of course since I know the code I will always pass the door) if I see that the code is too hard :D

A final warning: the code can be very varied - it can even be tied with your username (the one who posted the word) or with the name of the poster above you. Or it can even have nothing to do with the letters! Example of another code: the word must start with the same letter the name of the poster above you starts.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Nov 2008, 17:40

I like it. :) Not sure it will work with as many players as we are here, but we should certainly give it a try.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 02 Nov 2008, 18:07

So can I start it, or do I have to wait for the others to close? :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Nov 2008, 18:10

I think wait until some others close, since people here have a tendency to focus on one game at a time... opening another exciting game now would mean the others would be forgotten and not finished.

The two red games... are there any voices wanting to rescue them..? If they're not revived soon, like, right now, they're dead.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 02 Nov 2008, 20:58

I really liked the riddle game... but it seems to be too hard to keep alive. :(
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 02 Nov 2008, 23:08

After Kalah closed his Guessing Game, I might begin a CH version of "What do you see in the picture?"?

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 02 Nov 2008, 23:09

What's that? Some form of "part of the whole"?

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 02 Nov 2008, 23:18

Kalah wrote:What's that? Some form of "part of the whole"?
Basically, it's like the Guessing Game, but with 30 rounds, and instead of question you have to say what you "see" in the pictures

Wait, look here

The fun starts aroun page 8 though ^^

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 03 Nov 2008, 00:38

All the active games SUCK! Gwaaaaah!
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 03 Nov 2008, 08:55

Veldrynus wrote:All the active games SUCK! Gwaaaaah!
I just love when you're in a good mood :D
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 03 Nov 2008, 11:58

@Vel: What kind of game would you like then? :P

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 03 Nov 2008, 11:59

I think he wants something like the Killing game, who goes first...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 03 Nov 2008, 14:03

Well, I would be satisfied with something that's challenging for the mind, like the classic Seek, Find, Post.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 03 Nov 2008, 14:44

Seconded.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 03 Nov 2008, 17:50

I demand permission to start a new season, goddamnit! Gwaaaah!

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 03 Nov 2008, 17:56

Dunno that game seems a little hard without any kind of "hints", I know you were good at it but there might be obscure "objects" to find... but indeed it sounds quite fun.
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Return to “Campfire”