question: can you fight with only resurrected troops?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
discostu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

question: can you fight with only resurrected troops?

Unread postby discostu » 22 Jul 2008, 09:01

Hi guys I was wondering if some H5 experts could answer me the subject question. I was fighting a friend total in a big battle and he was an expert in light magic. He kept on resurrecting his dudes. He like 3 stacks of all resurrected troops, and one small stack of spear throwers. Are resurrected troops like elementals in that you automatically lose the fight if you only have elementals left?

Thanks in advance,

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 22 Jul 2008, 09:22

Like Raise troops you have to kill ALL ressurrected troops to defeat you opponent. (the same goes for RAISINGS as well)

discostu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby discostu » 22 Jul 2008, 09:59

Ok thanks. Guess I couldn't have won that battle then.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 22 Jul 2008, 12:05

But it is possible that neither hero would win in which case possession goes to the defender.

Mirez
Location: in the core of the hart of the centre of everything

Unread postby Mirez » 22 Jul 2008, 21:20

I've had that once, I had 5 ressurected titans and 1 phoenix while he had only 1 phoenix left, but cuz I attacked I lost my artifacts :'(
treants are dendrosexual 0_o

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 23 Jul 2008, 00:22

hehe haloswift, I do remember your question about it some time ago. It happened with me and mysty too, raise dead etc. and so I won the battle but had to rebuy my hero...darn shieldguards :p

DeejMaster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Uh, resurrected troops...

Unread postby DeejMaster » 13 Oct 2008, 08:50

haloswift wrote:I've had that once, I had 5 ressurected titans and 1 phoenix while he had only 1 phoenix left, but cuz I attacked I lost my artifacts :'(
You stated that your troops were resurrected, not raised. Resurrected troops are as if you never lost any those troops at all. If you had resurrected Titans at the end of the game and you lost...Something was definitely wrong.

You also cannot resurrect Elementals. They have to be summoned. The exception may be Pheonix, I know they resurrect themselves, but I can't remember if I was able to actually cast resurrect on them. I only played one game that offered Pheonix as a purchase from a Creature dwelling.

Sancryu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sancryu » 15 Oct 2008, 00:25

downfall for resurrect is that when they revive, there max hp is reduced.

so if u have a decent caster hero u can wipe of the rezed stack in one spell

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Re: .

Unread postby Macros the Black » 26 Oct 2008, 01:57

Sancryu wrote:downfall for resurrect is that when they revive, there max hp is reduced.
You mean Raise Dead, right? I don't recall Resurrect lowering the max hp..

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 26 Oct 2008, 11:34

Raise Dead reduces target HP by 20%.

Resurrect reduces as well by 10% ;)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 26 Oct 2008, 17:30

PhoenixReborn wrote:But it is possible that neither hero would win in which case possession goes to the defender.
When does that happen?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 26 Oct 2008, 17:32

There is the case when you kill all troops, friend and foe alike, with Armageddon or other mass spells.

In such situations, I think that the 'win' goes to the one that had the last action (cast the spell, etc)

Actually in that situation, BOTH heroes 'die', only that for the winning side the hero will be available to hire from the Tavern, like he fled from the battle. The loser will have the hero permanently dead, just like he lost the battle.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 26 Oct 2008, 17:48

Interesting, but some of the players above speak of having 5 resurrected Titans left when this happened - well resurrected creatures are like normal creatures, so it shouldn't happen unless I am missing something.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 26 Oct 2008, 18:10

With Resurrection nothing special happens - your troops are back to life like they weren't killed at all.

With Raise Dead it's another story. While you don't lose the battle if you have only Raised units left (let's say you Raised a lot of Titans and then lost all your army except Titans). If you win in this case when you have only Raised units, they die, and you're left with no army. Still, as with the Killing-All-Troops-With-Armageddon case, I think your hero will be available at the Tavern since you actually WON the fight, but had no troops left.

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 26 Oct 2008, 19:50

Ok, so maybe it was just confusion caused by tha phrasing of some of the above posters.

Ironblade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironblade » 29 Oct 2008, 21:44

If you are running a Necromancer hero, the "raised dead" troops stay alive (dead??) at the end of the battle. With all other hero types, the raised dead troops return to dead status. . .so if, for example, you are running a Dark Elf hero and have used the "raised dead" spell multiple times to return troops to life, and you wind up winning the battle with only "raised dead" troops, then once the battle has been won, the troops die and your hero returns to the tavern with all of his accumulated artifacts and can be re-hired immediately

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 29 Oct 2008, 21:57

What you said about Necromancer and other heroes is not true. The spell's behavior is not dependent on the caster. It only depends on the troop it's cast on. Undead are raised permanently, and other creatures are raised for the duration of the battle, regardless of who raises them.

Ironblade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironblade » 29 Oct 2008, 22:18

Agreed. . .but I've never had a non-Necromancer hero use the "raise dead" spell on an undead troop and have it remain alive after the battle. . .maybe I'm doing something wrong :-D
danhvo wrote:What you said about Necromancer and other heroes is not true. The spell's behavior is not dependent on the caster. It only depends on the troop it's cast on. Undead are raised permanently, and other creatures are raised for the duration of the battle, regardless of who raises them.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”