Movies

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 24 Oct 2008, 10:34

@Milla: I heard from a lot of different people that Transformers is a crappy movie, and you say it's awesome? 8| :| (and no, I haven't seen it)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 24 Oct 2008, 11:12

It still has a great soundtrack though, very epic. :P
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 24 Oct 2008, 11:52

I say we lynch Asheera for openly admitting not seeing transformers on cinema let alone dvd. Guilty! :devil:
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 24 Oct 2008, 12:02

Argh!

* runs away and hides in the Shadows *

after some time

* gets out of the shadows * "Let's see if they calmed down"

Elvin: "There she is!"

* Apparently NOT *

:P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 25 Oct 2008, 21:06

Saw ultraviolet, not exactly deep or original but it certainly had some cool scenes plus Milla looks hot B-) The thing about this movie is that it's a series of fighting scenes till the middle of the film and then it suddenly slows down when she starts to develop a bond with the boy - perhaps it's that she was emotionally dead before that moment but still. It's a movie that was created to look cool - the glasses, the holographic projection, different clothing for each battle, the printed phone, gravity leveling, equilibrium-like scenes, heck they even added a flaming swords duel - however it lacks in plot and coherency. Entertaining I'd say :D
- Metathron

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 25 Oct 2008, 23:23

Elvin wrote:Saw ultraviolet, not exactly deep or original but it certainly had some cool scenes plus Milla looks hot B-) The thing about this movie is that it's a series of fighting scenes till the middle of the film and then it suddenly slows down when she starts to develop a bond with the boy - perhaps it's that she was emotionally dead before that moment but still. It's a movie that was created to look cool - the glasses, the holographic projection, different clothing for each battle, the printed phone, gravity leveling, equilibrium-like scenes, heck they even added a flaming swords duel - however it lacks in plot and coherency. Entertaining I'd say :D
I enjoyed it, as I watched when I was winding down for the night and just wanted to relax. This movie did not require any thought as to what was going on; Milla had several nicely choreographed scenes. It was just what the doctor order to put me to sleep; I’ll probably watch it again under similar circumstances. :-D
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 Oct 2008, 01:34

Well I watched the latest Indiana Jones movie last night. Clearly the weakest entry in the series. It was entertaining, and it did have some of the classic Indiana Jones flair at times, but it was just missing something the other movies had. At lot of it just felt a little too contrived, like the whole movie was forced. Though much was said about Harrison Ford being too old for the part, this didn't really both me so much. Actually what bothered me the most was the whole Sci-Fi aspect of the plot. I just didn't feel right to me.

Anyway, it's worth renting because it's Indiana Jones, but don't expect another Raiders.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 26 Oct 2008, 01:47

That was the only thing I didn't like otherwise it was a good movie. Some scenes were priceless though of course exaggerated :)
- Metathron

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 26 Oct 2008, 02:30

I have to say, I was also a little surprised by the poor quality of some of the special effects. In some cases it was painfully obvious that bluescreen work had been done.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Oct 2008, 08:02

I hate it when that happens. It's like those old movies when they had a regular screen in the back of the stage, like when our hero drives a car and the road flickers away in the back.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 26 Oct 2008, 09:33

Elvin wrote:Saw ultraviolet, not exactly deep or original but it certainly had some cool scenes plus Milla looks hot B-) The thing about this movie is that it's a series of fighting scenes till the middle of the film and then it suddenly slows down when she starts to develop a bond with the boy - perhaps it's that she was emotionally dead before that moment but still. It's a movie that was created to look cool - the glasses, the holographic projection, different clothing for each battle, the printed phone, gravity leveling, equilibrium-like scenes, heck they even added a flaming swords duel - however it lacks in plot and coherency. Entertaining I'd say :D
yeah, its juz like seeing a XXX movie, its entertaining but lacking in dept :devious:
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 26 Oct 2008, 11:11

Asheera wrote:@Milla: I heard from a lot of different people that Transformers is a crappy movie, and you say it's awesome? 8| :| (and no, I haven't seen it)
Yeah, I don't get why people don't automatically love this movie (I know I know, tastes differ and whatnot) :D
I quite like the nerdy-guy-gets-the-hot-girl subplot and it's got some of the greatest action in a long time, imo. I recommend it, A ;)
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 26 Oct 2008, 19:37

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:[
I quite like the nerdy-guy-gets-the-hot-girl subplot
I cannot understand why is that interesting from a female POV.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 26 Oct 2008, 19:47

Veldrynus wrote:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I quite like the nerdy-guy-gets-the-hot-girl subplot
Because sometimes it's refreshing to see in movies what never happens in real life. ;)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 Oct 2008, 20:02

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: it's got some of the greatest action in a long time, imo.
I remeber that the action was something like "giant heaps of metals thrashing about". Not very exciting if there's no way of telling what's happening...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 26 Oct 2008, 21:16

Veldrynus wrote:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:[
I quite like the nerdy-guy-gets-the-hot-girl subplot
I like the nerdy guys. Guess that's why ;|
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 27 Oct 2008, 12:09

Don't worry you'd be surprised how many girls like nerds :P
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 27 Oct 2008, 12:40

Borsuc: Maybe you like nerd guys as well as the girls :devious: ...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 27 Oct 2008, 12:43

Is it wrong to like yourself? :P

(j/k)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 27 Oct 2008, 12:47

Not really :D!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Return to “Campfire”