Movies

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 19 Oct 2008, 12:11

Muszka wrote:I know which one is the worst movie: the RL. But one thing is sure, at least sometimes it's really surprising.
I always thought, my life is like a movie with a confusing plot and a terrible cast.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 19 Oct 2008, 12:46

Angelspit wrote:...Fart and gross jokes usually make me giggle...
This may seem silly, but it's been bothering me for some time. And not only me, but also some friends of mine, as we end up talking about it during such movies.

What's up with Americans (and their neighbors apparently) and fart jokes? Sometimes I end up watching with a group of friends one of those silly comedies with A.Sandler/R.Schneider/J.Black/etc. All is fine and we're pretty much enjoying the movie for the most of it, but then the fart joke comes. I'm not saying we're so "sensitive" that the joke really kills the mood or "disgusts" us, but most of the time seems really pointless. Most of these jokes are barely funny (at least for us), rarely creative and often too dumb, low and of a too bad taste even for a B movie.

Or does it happen to be just me and my group of friends? I'm gonna avoid asking the Americans why they love this type of jokes so much, but I'd like to ask the other Europeans here on the board what do they think about it? Do you also love all these jokes which seem to be a must for most American comedies, or you could as well leave without?
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 19 Oct 2008, 12:57

What about Ricky 1? :P

(warning: it's a review by Angry Video Nerd, swearing implicit, but don't take him that seriously, he does it for entertainment)
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 19 Oct 2008, 13:20

Borsuc wrote:What about Ricky 1? :P
That movie seems so bad, it bored me even to watch this guy's review.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 19 Oct 2008, 14:10

I'd be surprised if the movie wasn't actually made to be a bad joke.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 19 Oct 2008, 23:22

Borsuc wrote:What about Ricky 1? :P

(warning: it's a review by Angry Video Nerd, swearing implicit, but don't take him that seriously, he does it for entertainment)
Angry Video Game Nerd is brilliant for me, same goes for the Nostalgia Critic...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 21 Oct 2008, 05:11

Ultra Violent and Aeon Flux sucks sooooooo badddddddd, its like argggghhhhhhhhhh, no words to describe it......... :ill:
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 21 Oct 2008, 09:39

I couldn't watch that movie.... :disagree:
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 Oct 2008, 11:13

Didn't see Ultraviolet, but Aeon Flux was not that bad. I know it was not Matrix or anything, and I could quote a couple of small flaws, but otherwise I pretty much enjoyed it. It had decent action & plot. Oh, and Charlize Theron of course. ;)

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 21 Oct 2008, 13:31

Zamolxis wrote:Didn't see Ultraviolet, but Aeon Flux was not that bad. I know it was not Matrix or anything, and I could quote a couple of small flaws, but otherwise I pretty much enjoyed it. It had decent action & plot. Oh, and Charlize Theron of course. ;)
sorry for contradicting your POV but i think its another movie that wasted 2 hours of my life :disagree:
Voodoo Child

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 Oct 2008, 13:44

I saw it 3 times already. :D

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 21 Oct 2008, 13:45

Zamolxis wrote:I saw it 3 times already. :D
christ man, what made you do that? 8|
Voodoo Child

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 Oct 2008, 13:50

First when it came out, second 1 year later because I remembered I liked it but could not remember why (the action, the plot, Charlize Theron?) and third because my friends wanted to watch it one Friday evening and there was no better alternative around. And I can't say it bored me. I wonder what made you hate it so much. Hope not the fact that it's not "true" to the original comics, because I on the other hand find those almost disgusting.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 21 Oct 2008, 15:48

Chai26 wrote:sorry for contradicting your POV but i think its another movie that wasted 2 hours of my life :disagree:
The second time I saw it I felt exactly the same. I giggled my way through most of the scenes and hid my face in embarrassment on the film makers behalf for making such a deeply flawed and unrelateable movie.
The first time I saw it, however, I enjoyed it a bit more, though I found the whole plot and the way the story was told to be waaay too confusing.
Throw us a goddamn bone once in a while, so we know what to cling onto during the movie. We know nothing. And that isn't good for this kind of movie :disagree:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 22 Oct 2008, 09:41

hmmm, saw sleepy hallow yesterday, very nice indeed, Johnny Depp steals it all, the headless horseman wasnt bad at all as well

and another movie, pumpkin head, i tot it will be a really bad B movie but its rather okay. 8|
Voodoo Child

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 23 Oct 2008, 20:56

I just saw Transformers again on DVD. It's FREAKIN' AWSOME! :-D
I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it I love it!!!
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 23 Oct 2008, 23:35

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I just saw Transformers again on DVD.
Is it any good? :devil:
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 23 Oct 2008, 23:46

Its humour was debatable but the movie was a lot of fun :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 24 Oct 2008, 00:11

The nerdy-guy gets popular hot chick sub-plot was pathetic, however the transformers were cool.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 24 Oct 2008, 00:37

Veldrynus wrote:The nerdy-guy gets popular hot chick sub-plot was pathetic, however the transformers were cool.
amen :D
Voodoo Child

Return to “Campfire”