Sacrifice

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Chai26
Druid
Druid

Sacrifice

Unread postby Chai26 » 21 Oct 2008, 05:14

Any of you guys played this game? its freaking awesome, tho its a bit old now (its a 2001 game) but i think its an instant classic! replayed it recently and found myself enjoying this one more than most other modern games. Esp the five gods, they rock!
:devil:
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 21 Oct 2008, 11:30

Can you tell us more about the game, screenshots, or a website perhas?
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 21 Oct 2008, 13:32

a bit hard to explain, in the campaign, you play as an outcast wizard or a king of sorts and enters an ethereal realm where there are 5 competiting gods, Persephone(goddess of life, justice and stuff, she looks human), james(he looks like a worm, he is the god of earth and he advocates peace), Stratos( god of ice and lightning, god of manipulation(?) he looks like a man but his head is like a deflated balloon), pyro( the fire god, looks like a fat demon with a volcano of a head) and charnel (the demented and twisted god of slaughter and strife, looks like a deeply tortured male) and in turn you choose which patron god to serve, however serving one god will make another opposing god to hate you and in turn not allowing you to do any of their missions (in the begining 3 missions you are free to switch between any of the five gods to do their tasks.

as for gameplay? hmmmm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrifice_(computer_game)
for more details.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/sac ... abs;images
for screenshots
Voodoo Child

klaymen
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby klaymen » 22 Oct 2008, 18:34

I played it once, but did not finish it. Perhaps when I will have enough of playing Dawn of war, I wil give it another try
"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."
-Ahzek Ahriman

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 24 Oct 2008, 00:36

klaymen wrote:I played it once, but did not finish it. Perhaps when I will have enough of playing Dawn of war, I wil give it another try
freaking hard i tell you, freaking hard, nail biting hard :disagree:
Voodoo Child

SoRHunter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoRHunter » 24 Oct 2008, 22:20

Now there's no reason not to buy it - with no DRM crap and guaranteed it will work even on Vista for mere 6 bucks! B-) Where is it? Why, on Good Old Games, which is recently open for business.

If you like to know a little more about Sacrifice, try Rock, Paper, Shotgun. ;)

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 25 Oct 2008, 08:19

I played it and enjoyed it. It's not THAT hard, although it's rather clueless too - there's no micro, you just go to battle and summon and summon and summon and cast and cast and cast until the other army wipes (or yours does). Not so much room for skill to manifest itself, although I haven't played PvP in Sacrifice.

I'm a Persephone worshipper myself, Rainbow is just too good.
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 25 Oct 2008, 09:34

havent played stratos eh banedon? i can say his third mission FORCED me to use cheats, playing stratos will set u to face persephone, james and charnel!(yes u must go to their goddamn capital to kill them urself! one by one)
christ.

i find the beauty of the game in the gods themselves esp the moment when james said “Haven’t we all had enough of war?” and the other four said "NO!" at the same time. sheer brilliance
:D
Voodoo Child

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 25 Oct 2008, 12:08

I don't recall the third Stratos mission to be particularly difficult. Actually I don't recall any mission to be particularly difficult - at worst, just do a bunch of reloads. But I'm sure you don't fight Persephone, James and Charnel in the Stratos 3rd mission; killing the other gods comes only later in the game. There was one mission where you go 1v3, don't recall which God it was for (Pyro?) but it was still doable after enough reloads and Volcanoes. And I remember one mission (Persephone mission 6) which I could not do first time, since I accidentally let Toldor die and couldn't destroy Charnel's super-guardianed Manalith, but after I reloaded the game Toldor just went in and wiped the guardians.

Sacrifice is just fun, at least for a while. The game is smooth, has good voice-acting and pretty unique (for a 2001 game).
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 25 Oct 2008, 13:13

maybe ur too skilled banedon, really, sacrifice has no difficulty setting, so u must have a cool head and a bit of skill when the action gets really messy, like trying to cast a damn spell on a particularly on a single specific unit. maybe i am too unskilled or too young but sacrifice has a steep learning curve.
Voodoo Child

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”