Random Thoughts - Second Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 20 Oct 2008, 11:26

That's sex Vel... :disagree: or "to make love" ;)
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 20 Oct 2008, 12:05

You have a new bar Muszka :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 20 Oct 2008, 13:30

Muszka wrote:That's sex Vel... :disagree: or "to make love" ;)
Love without sex is like salted pretzel without the pretzel, and it's usually called "friendship".
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 20 Oct 2008, 14:26

Yeah because you don't love your mother, you're just friends. ;|

Just a friendship...
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 20 Oct 2008, 15:06

HC has a problem. I don't know if it has been hacked or not but it accesses "prevedvsem123.cn". This is definitely some kind of malware, so either keep out of HC or, if you really want to go there, at least use FireFox with NoScript and block HC's scripts for now...
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Oct 2008, 15:37

Yeah, I just got the same. Good thing my firewall blocked it.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 20 Oct 2008, 17:04

Asheera wrote:HC has a problem. I don't know if it has been hacked or not but it accesses "prevedvsem123.cn". This is definitely some kind of malware, so either keep out of HC or, if you really want to go there, at least use FireFox with NoScript and block HC's scripts for now...

Well, I have it too, but I just keep that tab open and open HC in another tab.

What is that thing anyway? Seems like something from Adobe Acrobat Reader

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 20 Oct 2008, 17:11

No, it is a hacker most likely trying to get on your computer using flaws from Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 20 Oct 2008, 17:21

Asheera wrote:No, it is a hacker most likely trying to get on your computer using flaws from Adobe Acrobat Reader.
cracker
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 20 Oct 2008, 17:35

Is there a difference? :P

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Oct 2008, 17:38

Crackers taste better. :D

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 20 Oct 2008, 18:03

Asheera wrote:Is there a difference? :P
Do you expect a serious and long response or were you sarcastic?

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 20 Oct 2008, 18:19

I wasn't sarcastic, but if it's a long response then better forget it :P

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Oct 2008, 18:51

A Hacker is more of a generic term, hackers can be both good or bad, freely interpreted like men in white and black hats. (However everyone know that best men wear red hats.)

Cracker is almost always evil. Exclusively devoted to some evil intention for whom he is undergoing martyrdom to crack inside, damage and leave. Not to report any vulnerability issue, fill sec bulletin record but almost every time for his own malicious reasons - which is mostly profit (or spoiled childhood, ya know).

For example Malik from SS2 could serve as a nice example of such vicious mind limited brat.

@Vel
Oh, well and what is sex without a love? I sought for hearing your definition...
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 20 Oct 2008, 19:35

@Milla: I'm sorry to hear that the thread died...:sad:

Well, I WISH my absence would've been related to having found a girl. It's college...darned college...:sad:

@darknessfood: You don't get one. :tongue:

@Vel: Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

@Everyone else: It's good to be back. :)

Well, I've noticed that everyone has special colored bars. I want one too! :oex:

Mine can be dark blue or dark green. :D
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Oct 2008, 19:47

What do you mean by word everyone? Hey, it's just ended. And in every round here can by only few winners.

"The phpbb2 system is not well suited for handling out many bars with the same name. Thus I don't see it like a viable option for anyone else. Sorry winter. "
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Oct 2008, 19:56

You're saying this after you've handed custom bars to half the members? That's cruel. :hoo:

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 20 Oct 2008, 19:59

If you're saying that three are half of our membership.. :tonguehands:
*Yes, it would be a different matter if here would be allowed custom titles.
"We made it!"

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 20 Oct 2008, 21:34

Asheera wrote:HC has a problem. I don't know if it has been hacked or not but it accesses "prevedvsem123.cn". This is definitely some kind of malware, so either keep out of HC or, if you really want to go there, at least use FireFox with NoScript and block HC's scripts for now...
How should I setup my NoScript to avoid it? Or it is ok with the default settings?
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 20 Oct 2008, 21:39

The default settings for NoScript are to not allow any site from using scripts on your browser.

In time, you'll have to "allow" all the sites you trust: CH, HC, etc etc.

However, now that HC has this problem, you should not allow it to use scripts. So if you just installed it, you don't have to do anything (except don't press "Allow Heroescommunity.com"). If you allowed HC previously, you'll have to forbid it now, and allow it later when it gets rid of this problem.

btw, allowing/forbidding a site with NoScript is manageable from the "S" in the bottom-right (press it and a pop up window will appear)

Also, without scripts HC won't work with all features unfortunately. This includes pressing the smileys on the left, the HC Messenger (PM system), etc.

Return to “Campfire”