Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Heartless
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Heartless » 30 Sep 2008, 17:27

Hey, it looks like a great project and i wish you the best of luck !

Also, i could translate it into french if you are interested.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 01 Oct 2008, 16:38

I'd just like to thank you for answering my questions in such detail, it sounds very nice. Can't wait to play it! :D

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 02 Oct 2008, 22:18

Macros the Black wrote:I'd just like to thank you for answering my questions in such detail, it sounds very nice. Can't wait to play it! :D
No problem; I try to do my best in answering anyone's questions to the best of my knowledge.

skinothetis1
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby skinothetis1 » 03 Oct 2008, 12:40

Sorry for mention it again but a small video sample would be great to post. 10-20 seconds will be fine i think.
You have nowhere to run Sheltem. Nore do you!You motherf$#(*@ device!!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 03 Oct 2008, 14:20

Hi there, another weekly update, sorry for beeing late, but there are some internet problems, they will be solved around a week or 2:

Well, nothing really special. And not much to say also. Thing is that we have been working on that is the armor and weapons descriptions. Quests are still being worked on, Pirate quests are going to be tweaked, but two promotion lines are done this week, they only need little tweaking (some didn't interfere with the MM line, and we don't want to mess that one up. Last week i talked about posting a side quest, and maybe that will happen next week. That way, you can see what to expect quest based.

As for skinothetis1's question. We are still in the developing fase, so we cannot go and show footage. Screenshots will be posted once in a while, but we will likely keep most of them for the website. But who knows in the future maybe we show something.

Well, this was pretty much the update. Like said on another thread, we use these updates to 1: keep you informed and 2: to let you know that the project is still going stong, that was (IMO) a problem that other projects have, and why they didn't finish and they died...

Well, thanks again for reading, and keep the questions coming, they will be answered as you can see. Till next week for the next update, and maybe a little taste of the quests...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

skinothetis1
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby skinothetis1 » 06 Oct 2008, 08:10

Hey no problem. I think we all are a little enthusiastic for a new M&M and we want more and more stuff. Btw the site you are mentioning is ready? When it will be ready give or take?
Thanks.
You have nowhere to run Sheltem. Nore do you!You motherf$#(*@ device!!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 06 Oct 2008, 08:14

Hey, no the site is not ready yet, but it's under construction. The site will launch around November/December. But when it's there, link will most likely be dropped here...

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 07 Oct 2008, 10:59

Well, there is no update yet, you have to wait for that a little. But as we talked earlier, we want to let you know how the quest lay-out is. How is the text, well a little sneeky peeky right here.
This sidequest (probably a early game one) involves a lady which is living next to a murderer,. she fears for her life and you are the resque. The quest text is as followed:
-------------------------------------
<the woman slowly awakens> Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t hear you come in. Guess I dozed in a little, my apologies for that. But the neighbor makes so much noise, that I can’t seem to get ANY sleep at night. His name is *:rolleyes:* I believe, and he moved in this humble town a few weeks ago. Rumor goes that he is a madman, a murderer and he moved here so he cannot be followed for his crimes. Could you perhaps talk to him, but don’t tell him it’s me, for I fear my life. And IF you can, take him to the Town Hall, so he can be locked away.
-------------------------------------

Well, that is one of the earlier, more simple quest there is. Tell me how you feel about it, give feedbackk, compliments would be the best though :D. But as said, let me know how you feel about it, but keep in mind that it's a early game quest, and it will not be as deep as the quests later on...

Toxis
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Toxis » 08 Oct 2008, 09:24

I'm following your posts for quit a while, and I just wanted to say: "YAY!" finally a real m&m game.

And as for the quest, that you posted - it sounds great!

By the way, what about the enemies - will we see all the creatures from m&m6-8 or just some? will there be minotaurs, titans, blah - those snake- like creatures from m&m 6, gorgons?

I can't wait!

thanks for your good intentions guys!

MM7today
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM7today » 08 Oct 2008, 13:20

darknessfood wrote:<the woman slowly awakens> Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t hear you come in. Guess I dozed in a little, my apologies for that. But the neighbor makes so much noise, that I can’t seem to get ANY sleep at night. His name is *:rolleyes:* I believe, and he moved in this humble town a few weeks ago. Rumor goes that he is a madman, a murderer and he moved here so he cannot be followed for his crimes. Could you perhaps talk to him, but don’t tell him it’s me, for I fear my life. And IF you can, take him to the Town Hall, so he can be locked away.
I don't want to sound like a smartass, but two little corrections: it should be "rumor has it that he..." instead of "rumor goes...", and it's "to doze off" instead of "to doze in", i think :)

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 08 Oct 2008, 16:48

Toxis wrote:I'm following your posts for quit a while, and I just wanted to say: "YAY!" finally a real m&m game.

And as for the quest, that you posted - it sounds great!

By the way, what about the enemies - will we see all the creatures from m&m6-8 or just some? will there be minotaurs, titans, blah - those snake- like creatures from m&m 6, gorgons?

I can't wait!

thanks for your good intentions guys!
Yes, a real M&M game, that's what we're going for!

We are incorporating numerous creatures from past M&M games. Titans will be back, a sprite many of us missed from MM8. Some others: Thunder Lizards, Guardians of VARN, Wyrms, etc. Gorgons will be in the game.

Glad you are excited about the game! I know I can't wait to play it! :D
MM7today wrote:
darknessfood wrote:<the woman slowly awakens> Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t hear you come in. Guess I dozed in a little, my apologies for that. But the neighbor makes so much noise, that I can’t seem to get ANY sleep at night. His name is *:rolleyes:* I believe, and he moved in this humble town a few weeks ago. Rumor goes that he is a madman, a murderer and he moved here so he cannot be followed for his crimes. Could you perhaps talk to him, but don’t tell him it’s me, for I fear my life. And IF you can, take him to the Town Hall, so he can be locked away.
I don't want to sound like a smartass, but two little corrections: it should be "rumor has it that he..." instead of "rumor goes...", and it's "to doze off" instead of "to doze in", i think :)
Our quest designer is from the Netherlands, so there is somewhat of a language barrier. No worries though, we will personally go through all quests and correct any matters that need correcting before they are implemented in the game files. He does a great job in quest design and grammatical errors are to be expected with initial quest layouts. Even I, myself, will have others reread what I've created. Good eye.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 08 Oct 2008, 23:42

Vector wrote:Our quest designer is from the Netherlands, so there is somewhat of a language barrier. No worries though, we will personally go through all quests and correct any matters that need correcting before they are implemented in the game files. He does a great job in quest design and grammatical errors are to be expected with initial quest layouts. Even I, myself, will have others reread what I've created. Good eye.
Yes, I did notice some slight errors, and maybe a few things where it isn't nescesarily bad grammar but might be written more interestingly - but there shouldn't be a problem if you all reread each other's texts :)
The quest sounds interesting though, and if he's from the Netherlands then he's pretty good at English :D Most of my classmates were horrible when it came to foreign languages.. :)
Texts are just one of those things that are pretty important for these kind of games, as there's alot of reading involved in playing it, heh :)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 09 Oct 2008, 09:10

Hi there, ready for an update:

Well first of all, thnx for the feedback, but as you already read, if there is some bad grammar, it will get out. Well, Vector answered some questions, so the only thing for me to do is to get you some fresh news.
Creations that we did are now beeing converted to 8-bit bitmap files, that way we can transfer them into the game files. Descriptions are still beeing written. And as a little treat, when the game is done, there will be a 30 page file available that describes all the relics/artifacts and special items. Question for yourself is, do you wan't to read it, because it contains some spoilers. Like i said, it will be available when the game is done and will not be posted on the web or something like that.
If people like to read more side quests, don't mind asking, i'll drop one by if you will. Last quest thing, the Wizard quest is written, the team likes it, and we hope you will to :).

Well that's it for now, just ask any questions you wish, and we will answer them for you (if we can of course). Spanks for reading...

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 12 Oct 2008, 01:55

Seeing this thread unreplied to in a few days can seem like the interest in it is lost, but I suppose we're all still waiting impatiently (I know I am) and just have nothing to discuss atm :D

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 12 Oct 2008, 10:17

Macros the Black wrote:Seeing this thread unreplied to in a few days can seem like the interest in it is lost, but I suppose we're all still waiting impatiently (I know I am) and just have nothing to discuss atm :D
Agree, don't have the time to post too much, but I pop in to look every now and then :)

bob122000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

OMG

Unread postby bob122000 » 12 Oct 2008, 19:36

OH MY GOD.... I THINK IM GOING TO CRY THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE, IVE DREAMED OF M&M X :D :D :D :D :D :D

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Oct 2008, 08:58

Were there any naked pixies?? :devious:

bob122000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bob122000 » 13 Oct 2008, 15:03

:|

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 13 Oct 2008, 16:05

He is from the Netherlands (I think), don't pay too much notice to his strange comments ;|

bob122000
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby bob122000 » 13 Oct 2008, 16:36

lol kk :)

Return to “Might and Magic”