Random Thoughts - Second Edition

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 10 Oct 2008, 17:19

8| I've been there and I've seen none. Are you sure weren't simple flies? ;|
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 10 Oct 2008, 17:27

I haven't even seen them, I just got some mosquitoes bites
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 10 Oct 2008, 17:52

An hour ago I was stinged by a wasp, when I was peeling an apple. Ouch! It burns and twiches in my right hand middle finger, and I can't use it typing these letters. But worse than that, I'm handicapped in playing Salamandre's great WoG-Map "Alexander the Great". Everybody, who hasn't played it yet, should try it AT ONCE. ;)

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Oct 2008, 18:29

Muszka wrote:
Corribus wrote:Orcs do it everywhere.

Wait, what are we talking about? :devil:

:D
There! See? That's what I was talking about. You are frustrated. Let me heal you. But in order for my magic to work I need your insurance number, and your bank account number :devious:
Here what that just reminds me? I sense a Vhilhu's humour strongly, guess where he can be procrastinating this time now??
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 10 Oct 2008, 18:32

theLuckyDragon wrote:My random thought: Vel (wherever you are), what was that about the uni? That it sucks? Well, I can confirm it one more time :mad:
Well, our education system is a bad joke. While seemingly it functions like a big brainwashing machine, turning happy children into stupid and obedient robots, in reality "education" has two other important roles: giving the parents the comforting illusion that their children are trained to become successful grownups, AND more importantly: giving a job to a bunch of lower level intellectuals, the teachers. (Luckily, there are a few great teachers too.)
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 10 Oct 2008, 18:38

Veldrynus wrote:in reality "education" has two other important roles: giving the parents the comforting illusion that their children are trained to become successful grownups, AND more importantly: giving a job to a bunch of lower level intellectuals, the teachers. (Luckily, there are a few great teachers too.)
As one of my teachers said:
"If you are good at something, do it. If you are bad, teach it."

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 11 Oct 2008, 02:08

Pol wrote:Here what that just reminds me? I sense a Vhilhu's humour strongly, guess where he can be procrastinating this time now??
Dunno my friend. I'm quite buzzed now... :) Hey.. why don't we have a drunk smiley? :disagree:

Whatever....

@Vel
It's not just the education. The whole system is a crap.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 11 Oct 2008, 11:13

My not-so-random thought for today: I wonder why is so hard to spell my name correctly.. :disagree:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 11 Oct 2008, 11:34

Hehe, I also sometimes write Muzska, but then I remember it's not the correct spelling and I correct it. :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 11 Oct 2008, 12:59

Avonu wrote:
Veldrynus wrote:in reality "education" has two other important roles: giving the parents the comforting illusion that their children are trained to become successful grownups, AND more importantly: giving a job to a bunch of lower level intellectuals, the teachers. (Luckily, there are a few great teachers too.)
As one of my teachers said:
"If you are good at something, do it. If you are bad, teach it."
The Teacher gt it probably from that old Peanuts Joke :D

Charlie Brown just taught Snoopy to stand on it's head and show it to Lucy

Lucy: Wow, Charlie Brown, I didn't know you could do that
CB: I can't stand on my head, Lucy. Those who can't, teach.

:P

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 11 Oct 2008, 13:08

Avonu wrote:"If you are good at something, do it. If you are bad, teach it."
But this is very true though. Nobody would choose to be a teacher if he/she is good at that something. You have a lot of other better jobs than being a teacher.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Oct 2008, 13:45

Lord Lakely wrote: The Teacher gt it probably from that old Peanuts Joke :D
Only if someone found Peanuts strips written in hieroglyphs...

Nobody would choose to be a teacher if he/she is good at that something. You have a lot of other better jobs than being a teacher.
Unless you "like" underage kids...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 11 Oct 2008, 14:37

Asheera wrote:
Avonu wrote:"If you are good at something, do it. If you are bad, teach it."
But this is very true though. Nobody would choose to be a teacher if he/she is good at that something. You have a lot of other better jobs than being a teacher.
Amen, tho teachers might be a little offended :D
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 11 Oct 2008, 15:07

No some teachers truly are good at what they do and pretty smart, they either chose that profession because they had no other choice, or because they just like to teach. Some people "like" that kind of job.
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 11 Oct 2008, 15:27

Probably, but very few though

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 11 Oct 2008, 16:51

ThunderTitan wrote: Unless you "like" underage kids...
We can only imagine the terrible emotional damages a 16 year old boy can suffer because of the sex with his hot teacher.

Damn, we always had a bunch of ancient, hysterical harpies in my school. That's not fair! :disagree:
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Oct 2008, 23:05

Well when they started he was 13, which is more icky... but i doubt any problems would be noticeable... especially since he married her.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 12 Oct 2008, 12:08

Veldrynus wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote: Unless you "like" underage kids...
We can only imagine the terrible emotional damages a 16 year old boy can suffer because of the sex with his hot teacher.

Damn, we always had a bunch of ancient, hysterical harpies in my school. That's not fair! :disagree:
harpies? amen to that vel, amen :(
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 12 Oct 2008, 12:21

ThunderTitan wrote:Well when they started he was 13, which is more icky... but i doubt any problems would be noticeable... especially since he married her.
Some kids nowadays start having sex at that age. Even I think that's a bit too early (16 is more preferable). The problem is that those children are not properly prepared for it (no sex-education).

@Mods

May I start a thread about sex?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Oct 2008, 12:58

Veldrynus wrote: @Mods
May I start a thread about sex?
No.

I know you. Only way around here would be a hidden subforum. Something like "Mature Yard" :P
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “Campfire”