Bots in Games

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics

What do you think companies should do about bots?

I don't care.
13%
Companies should go after bot producers and users.
60%
Companies should do nothing about bots.
7%
Companies should go after bot users but not bot producers.
13%
Other (explain.)
7%

Total votes: 15

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 05 Oct 2008, 19:54

WOW, the Heretic thead is now the observatory??
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 06 Oct 2008, 07:56

:hanged: :rip:
ZZZzzzz....

Monte Cristo
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Monte Cristo » 06 Oct 2008, 22:22

I think that any type or form of cheating or gaining experience unjustly in any kind of game is horrible . Yuk....
The truth is out there

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 08 Oct 2008, 17:35

Kristo wrote:The mere fact that there exists a best gear is the problem.
One of the appeals of games like Diablo is to watch your character grow in strength as you put in time and effort. The items that are basicly relics should require time and effort to obtain. You do NOT have to have the best gear in the game to beat the game.

I started on day 1 this season in the new Diablo season. By day 2 some people were running around with Enigma armor. The runes to make Enigma are extremely rare. By cheating those players gained a huge advantage over other players.

If a person does not like games that require you to put time and effort in to gather magic items, spells, and equipment and to deveop skills then they should not play the game rather than cheating others.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 08 Oct 2008, 19:43

But you're not playing against the game itself. You're playing against the other people, some of whom are clearly willing to cheat. The game merely provides a convenient environment for the real competition to take place. The problem with Diablo is that the multiplayer game uses the same rules as the single player game. In single-player, uberloot rewards are fine. You should be rewarded for investing your time and effort. But the multiplayer game is never-ending. No matter how many times you kill Diablo, he will always be there the next time you log on. It's a different game and as such it requires different rules.

There will always be people who enjoy ruining the game for you. But they only cheat because there is something to gain from it. Take away their incentive to cheat, and maybe they'll just play to enjoy the game. Or maybe they'll leave. Either way, you're better off.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 08 Oct 2008, 20:14

So let me get this straight. People pay for a game. And then they pay so they don't have to play it? :|

I wonder, will Blizzard pass any of that lawsuit money on to its users as partial refunds? I doubt it.
Last edited by Corribus on 08 Oct 2008, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 08 Oct 2008, 20:52

I hope they pump the money into developing Diablo 3 more quickly. :)
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Oct 2008, 13:25

SP only pls...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”