Funny habits!

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Fenris
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Funny habits!

Unread postby Fenris » 11 Jan 2007, 10:02

Elvin wrote: Whenever I'm bored in class I will draw sketches :D My notebook sometimes is filled with them!

My sister when playing with a gamepad, she leans to the right when the jump to the right is very big! Can't help but laugh when I see it! :-D
Heh, I do those things too. I wonder how much I've missed of lessons while drawing... Once I sat in the back and just made evil drawings of my teacher, who was the most boring you can think of, when she suddenly puts on some documentary and goes right to the back and says: "I'll sit here next to you while we watch this!" "Mhm! You do that! :D (Must. Hide. Drawings. :nervous:)"

Other habits: Cracking knuckles (and elbows, knees, toes, wrists etc) as well as biting fingernails.

Saying good morning to the milk when I open the fridge in the morning, at least when I'm home alone. ...what?

Kinda like Gravyluvr with the phone I can't stand still when I'm brushing my teeth. If it didn't take some more concentration to shave I would walk around while shaving too, it's so dreadfully dull; which is why I don't do it so often.
Hey, I know where we are! We're in that place where I didn't know where we were before!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 11 Jan 2007, 15:50

gravyluvr wrote: I have some habbits like biting fingernails (and cracking my knuckles) which I tend to do more when I am really drunk.
Wouldn't that make drinking your habit? :devil:

ScarlettP wrote: I walk through hardware stores wondering "How can I wear this?"
Well you have to put your head in the medium hole, and each of your hands in the small ones.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 11 Jan 2007, 16:35

ScarlettP wrote:I walk through hardware stores wondering "How can I wear this?"
Ever sew metal plates to gloves? I don't recommend it.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 11 Jan 2007, 18:18

Many people also must be affected by the "I-open-the-refrigerator-in-vain" syndrome. I do it, at least 3 up to 10 times a day. :sweat:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 05 Oct 2008, 10:23

*bumb*

I just read this. Funny as...clowns...
I thought some of the newer members might find this interesting ;)
Anyway, my habits are:

- Biting my nails, running my fingers through my hair constantly, checking to see if my keys are still there in my pocket though I already checked it at least five times (I guess that's an OCD really :D). Same goes for my wallet and my phone and currently my train card :rolleyes:

Also, I have this wierd habit that only shows itself when I sleep.
If people try to wake me up and I don't want to wake up, I automatically start asking them what they work with, how many kids they have and such, supposedly to stall time so I can keep sleeping :P
Generally I talk and walk a lot in my sleep!
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 05 Oct 2008, 11:42

Apart from the usual biting fingernails, cracking any and all joints from time to time, I'm quite paranoid. Not to the point of mental instability ( :jester: ), but there's usually always a voice in the back of my mind reminding me that this time, they may really be out to get me. Reason usually prevails, but I nevertheless take precautions. Just in case.

And I can't really keep my hands inactive, have to do something. Which means I can't have any clocks or rings or similar on me; I just ruin them eventually. And I ruin more than my share of office supplies at work, making Freddy-claws out of paperclips and braiding rubber bands into whips and that sort of thing :D

PS: I congratulate Milla, who is hereby an honorary necromancer :tsup:

Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Oct 2008, 12:48

Ok here's a funny habit of mine:

I just can't stand still (well, unless it's REALLY important, I can control myself don't worry :P). If I'm not sitting, I just go around and around my room :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 05 Oct 2008, 12:59

I tend to see patterns and analyze when I'm bored or when I have to wait. I tend to get "details" often from objects.

I can't relax, if I stay in my bed relaxing, I always am thinking deeply about something -- which is a reason why I fall asleep kinda hard. It's hard for me to meditate in this way but sometimes i can manage to empty my mind, so to speak.

I tend to repeat the same part of a song all over again (yes a part!), for some reason, no idea why.

When I am listening to something and dreaming or imagining, I can't stand still with my hands, I tend to press the Up-Down arrows on the computer in a pattern, for some reason, I'm sure if someone were to record me I would laugh at myself.

And many more.
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Oct 2008, 14:13

I have a "follow my instinct" habit.

I have figured out that in 9 times out of 10, my gut feeling is right. This can be related to something as simple as whether to shoot or dribble a football; if my gut said "shoot", and I hesitate and dribble instead, whomp! I'm tackled. On the other hand, it sometimes tells me to check the door one more time, or whether I left the stove on. Those times that gut feeling has quite possibly saved both lives and property. Other (more annoying) examples include which glass to take out of the cupboard. I keep saying to myself: "what could that possibly matter?", but since I tend to regret contradicting my gut feeling, I tend to obey it no matter what it says.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 05 Oct 2008, 15:59

That's just your feminine intuition.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 05 Oct 2008, 19:53

Ethric wrote:And I can't really keep my hands inactive, have to do something. Which means I can't have any clocks or rings or similar on me; I just ruin them eventually. And I ruin more than my share of office supplies at work, making Freddy-claws out of paperclips and braiding rubber bands into whips and that sort of thing :D

PS: I congratulate Milla, who is hereby an honorary necromancer :tsup:
Why am I a necromancer now? 8| And do I get a cool name like yours :P

I can't sit still either. I am suffering from a mild version of "Restless legs Syndrome". It's an actual syndrome. It's really annoying. I have to almost always move my feet. Constantly...
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 05 Oct 2008, 19:56

1 year, 8 months and 6 days from your post to the previous post ;)

About the feet, are you maybe just trying to get away from them?
- Duke

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 05 Oct 2008, 20:06

Ohh, cause I resurrected it :D Hihi.

About my feet: I might be. Or maybe it's my mind making sure they're still there :D
- Dragon Age Origins

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Oct 2008, 20:20

I definitely share that one, whenever I'm waiting in a bus stop I just have to keep pacing back and forth. One of the things that betrays my sometimes impatient nature :)

Another I've picked up recently is glancing around on a subconscious level, it's as if I expect something to happen. Could be attributed to gaming or my cat that keeps making surprise attacks :D I usually don't know she is there until the last moment hehe
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 05 Oct 2008, 20:32

I remember one time many years ago, when I was in school, I had played an awful lot of Doom. Suddenly, when half-napping over my desk, I thought I heard a demon growling behind me. Too much gaming can be suggestive. Good thing I didn't have a shotgun. Or a chainsaw :D
- Duke

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 05 Oct 2008, 21:10

Elvin wrote:Sometimes I tend to associate certain songs with a colour. When for instance I hear coldplay's clocks, light green comes to mind.Or grey with requiem for a dream. Weird.
When I listen to songs (sound tracks - those are my favs :P) I tend to imagine some kind of scene that would fit the song :D if it's a battle music, I imagine a battle, etc

I don't know if this is common though :P
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 05 Oct 2008, 21:51

Speaking of gaming several years ago a guy suddenly appeared out of a door with his finger pointed in my general direction. His movement was exactly the one of someone drawing a gun and pointing at you which startled me for a split second :D I felt quite silly afterwards.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 05 Oct 2008, 22:26

Asheera wrote:
Elvin wrote:Sometimes I tend to associate certain songs with a colour. When for instance I hear coldplay's clocks, light green comes to mind.Or grey with requiem for a dream. Weird.
When I listen to songs (sound tracks - those are my favs :P) I tend to imagine some kind of scene that would fit the song :D if it's a battle music, I imagine a battle, etc

I don't know if this is common though :P
I'm similar to you Ash but Elvin's "habit" seems more like synesthesia ;)
All humans do is to go to a place, bountiful of nature, and live there. Then the human multiplies and sucks all the wonders there. They move to the next. There is one thing that works the same way as that: a virus.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 05 Oct 2008, 22:39

My funny habit is not actually a habit, for it doesnt happen often (and for some people would certainly claim it as not funny as well). But the thing is: I react with violence when people scare me. And its not because I am a violent person, quite the opposite, but when something scares me my fists are already flying towards them as per impulse, without me thinking of it.

My friends have learned quite fast that playing pranks on me was not a good idea, specially when they are within the reach of my members.

I still remember the very last time my sister scared me from withing the danger-range. I was reading a book when she sneaked by and pulled my book down with a big "BOO". Before I noticed I had her kicked on the throat. Of course it only takes me half-second to get what I have just done, which leads me to the remorse-guilt-fueled desperate attempt to help the hurt prankster lying on the floor.

My aunt once walking around in my house shrowded in complete darkness met me in a curve as I was going for a glass of water during the night. She too almost got her teeth punched in...

:S

Perhaps I should call it nasty habit instead of funny...

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 05 Oct 2008, 22:41

Ethric wrote: And I can't really keep my hands inactive, have to do something. Which means I can't have any clocks or rings or similar on me; I just ruin them eventually. And I ruin more than my share of office supplies at work, making Freddy-claws out of paperclips and braiding rubber bands into whips and that sort of thing :D
Laughed so hard on that one. I totally relate to it...

Return to “Campfire”