Shadow dragon, 3000HP

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
miwi666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Shadow dragon, 3000HP

Unread postby miwi666 » 17 Sep 2008, 11:05

Hi, searched the forum but didnt find anything about my topic.

I first installed H5 and patched to v1.6.
After that HOF and patched to v2.1.

I have a "feature" in Heroes5 HOF :)
The Shadow dragons have 3000 hitpoints. Every single one, all the time and on all maps I played after the installation on my laptop (about 2 original and 4 custom made, downloaded from CH)

I have also faced Minotaurs who was very hard to kill. I never checked their HP, since I wasnt aware about this "feature". Since I knew about the Shadow dragons I havent faced any "hard to kill"-Minotaurs.

Anyone who knows something about this?

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 17 Sep 2008, 11:06

One of those maps you downloaded is causing this, Master of disguise I think it is.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 17 Sep 2008, 19:41

A very important tip: Maps are like Mods, so you should have only the map you want to play in the Maps folder. Move ALL the others into Maps2 or something like that ;)
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 17 Sep 2008, 20:04

Some maps make permanent modifications to your game, and deleting them from the Maps folder doesn't get rid of the problems. It happened to me once. Very annoying.

I don't know much about mapmaking, and I don't want to sound ungrateful to mapmakers, but I think maps should NEVER do this (acting like mods and affecting other maps). There should be a huge warning that comes with these maps if they do something like this.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 17 Sep 2008, 20:19

danhvo wrote:Some maps make permanent modifications to your game, and deleting them from the Maps folder doesn't get rid of the problems. It happened to me once. Very annoying.
There is no such thing. Maybe the so called "map" also came with another file? Like a .pak or .h5u?
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 17 Sep 2008, 20:40

miwi666 wrote:The Shadow dragons have 3000 hitpoints.
WE WANTS IT!!!

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 17 Sep 2008, 20:46

Lord Lakely wrote:WE WANTS IT!!!
How about the Super-Peasant? :devious:

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 17 Sep 2008, 21:07

Asheera wrote:
Lord Lakely wrote:WE WANTS IT!!!
How about the Super-Peasant? :devious:
Already have that one:

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 17 Sep 2008, 21:17

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 17 Sep 2008, 21:38

Asheera wrote:There is no such thing. Maybe the so called "map" also came with another file? Like a .pak or .h5u?
Yes, there is. I still remember the map. I don't want to name it, for fear of sounding like an ingrate.

miwi666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby miwi666 » 18 Sep 2008, 08:21

Hi all and thanks for your replies.

I will remove all the custom-maps.
Hopefully this solves my problem.

But I find it very hard to believe that a custom map in the maps-folder will change the HP for a creature in all maps (I have only copied maps to the maps-folder, no pak-files or anything else).
That should just dont happend.
If that is the case, it should be solved in the next patch.

BTW: I miss the good old Townportal from H3, where I can choose what town to be moved to (with Earth magic).
Is that possible i H5?
(I havnt played H5 that much, H3 is still my game :) )

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Sep 2008, 11:31

danhvo wrote:Yes, there is. I still remember the map. I don't want to name it, for fear of sounding like an ingrate.
I'm telling you, a .h5m (Map file) can't and will never do that. If the so called "map" came with another file, then maybe that's the source of the problem.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 18 Sep 2008, 11:38

I, for one, would be interested in knowing the name of the map in question. I don't see why you should sound like an ingrate because of that??
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Sep 2008, 11:43

I'd like the link as well, to see its sins :D

John.Galt
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby John.Galt » 18 Sep 2008, 14:15

Asheera, a map defiantly can do that... I've done it fooling around making my own map. I changed a hero's icon to Giovanni's, and suddenly in my normal game, Giovanni was running around everywhere killing my d00ds. I got very angry. Don't you have to create a special folder in the maps so you don't change the original file that all maps refer to?
I swear - by my life, and my love of it - that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 18 Sep 2008, 14:51

As I said, maps CAN modify game internal files, BUT once you take them out of the Maps folder everything will return to normal. As I said in this thread earlier:
Asheera wrote:you should have only the map you want to play in the Maps folder. Move ALL the others into Maps2 or something like that

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Corlagon » 18 Sep 2008, 16:34

But I find it very hard to believe that a custom map in the maps-folder will change the HP for a creature in all maps (I have only copied maps to the maps-folder, no pak-files or anything else).
Believe it or not it's true. .h5u files are just like rar or pak archives - if you add modded files to them (also possible through the editor) they will affect everything in the game until removed.

That's why maps like this ought to notify players of these glitches or pack the modified files in separately (if they don't already)... you're not the first person to bring this up :disagree:
That should just dont happend.
That's just the way it is, don't expect Ubival to fix it :devious:

danhvo
Scout
Scout

Unread postby danhvo » 18 Sep 2008, 17:38

The map is The Return of the King. Once I played that map, whenever I started another game, all my necromancers would start with the (Barbarian's) Blood Rage racial skill, instead of Necromancy! Other weird things happened too. Deleting the map, deleting the profile, deleting everything I could thing of, didn't fix the problem.

I've had no mods (never had, never will). I just don't believe in mods. I don't trust people's ability to tinker with the game without introducing new problems. No offense to modders out there.

Yes, yes, everyone says emptying the Maps folder would do it. I thought so too. I no longer believe it. I don't care what everyone says; I KNOW removing all custom maps didn't put my game back.

I was going to try out this Map again, to see if it still has this problem with the latest patch. But remembering the trouble I went through to fix the problem, I just don't want to go there. You folks can try it and let me know.

miwi666
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby miwi666 » 18 Sep 2008, 18:33

Corlagon wrote:
Believe it or not it's true. .h5u files are just like rar or pak archives - if you add modded files to them (also possible through the editor) they will affect everything in the game until removed.

That's why maps like this ought to notify players of these glitches or pack the modified files in separately (if they don't already)... you're not the first person to bring this up :disagree:
After removing all the .h5m files from the Maps folder, the shadow dragons HP is back to normal.

Incredible!

Well, allright...now I at least is aware about this.

Thanks everybody for your replies!

Ironblade
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Ironblade » 30 Jan 2009, 17:08

You can definitely win encounters with heros who have shadow dragons w/ 3000 hit points. . .

all you need is a level 25 or higher necromancer, with 250 plus mana points and a bushel full of wraiths (at least 25 or 30). Use the wraith's "death touch" skill and keep raising them from the dead as they are killed off by the shadow dragons. I've won battles against as many as 10 or 12 shadow dragons this way.

Although I do agree with other posters in this thread that by removing the offending map that caused this to occur (the one that caused it to occur for me was the "Erythia" map that was based on the old Warlords game). It's much more fun to play with normal HP shadowdragons :-D

Return to “Heroes V-VI”