Your favorite lvl 5 creature

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Whats your lvl 5 pick?

Monk/Zealot
5%
Earth Elemental/Magma Elemental
No votes
Minotaur/Minotaur King
8%
Gorgon/Mighty Gorgon
26%
Gorgon/Mighty Gorgon
26%
Pit Fiend/Pit Lord
6%
Lich/power Lich
13%
Dendroid Guard/Dendroid Soldier
1%
Roc/Thunderbird
10%
Genie/Master Genie
4%

Total votes: 97

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Your favorite lvl 5 creature

Unread postby Orfinn » 10 Mar 2006, 07:52

Now its time for the lvl 5 creatures one of the best of the best levels in my eyes.

Had to go for the Dendroids. They are above average in sturdiness,good defense, good damage and a above average attack rating. Their very helpful tangling roots ability is brilliant for hindering enemy troops to reach and eliminate your lonely archers and valuable 7th lvl troops or other key creatures imprtant for the outcome of the battle.

Now only a lvl 6 creature poll remains (the lvl 7 poll is somewhere down on the topic list on page 1,2 or 3) but I'll leave that poll topic for one of you others.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 10 Mar 2006, 08:05

Went with zealots.I simply love them!

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 10 Mar 2006, 08:19

Tough one for me.
Minotaur Kings are probably Dungeon’s most efficient troops and I think the best lvl5 units overall. Fast, strong and durable.
Thunderbirds are imo Stronghold’s best chance of expansion. They’re fairly easy to come by; usually I’ll get them halfway the first week. Fast, relatively strong, but requiring more effort to preserve them properly.

Because it’s the only lvl5 unit where I tend to solely rely on, I vote for Thunderbirds.
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 10 Mar 2006, 08:54

I went with the Gorgons. Not only does it have what's probebly the best ability in the game, they're tough enough without it to take on some level 6 units in one on one.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 10 Mar 2006, 09:19

wimfrits wrote:Tough one for me.
Minotaur Kings are probably Dungeon’s most efficient troops and I think the best lvl5 units overall. Fast, strong and durable.
Thunderbirds are imo Stronghold’s best chance of expansion. They’re fairly easy to come by; usually I’ll get them halfway the first week. Fast, relatively strong, but requiring more effort to preserve them properly.

Because it’s the only lvl5 unit where I tend to solely rely on, I vote for Thunderbirds.
I remember a similar poll in the old forums, and I completely agree with you. Thunderbirds grant Stronghold some powerful opportunities, and it's safe to say wise use of Thunderbirds make or break Stronghold's game.

Vote: Thunderbirds. Minotaur Kings are excellent creatures while Mighty Gorgons are completely devastating, even in the end fight. But the Thunderbirds are my favourite.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 10 Mar 2006, 10:23

voting: Pit Lords

For great attack and spell ability.

The second close, ie, mostly first would be Master Genies for me. The blue ones rules. That's known even IBM ;)
Last edited by Pol on 11 Mar 2006, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Mar 2006, 11:43

Voted Liches! Love the Death Cloud attack, and that in H3 it doesn't affect undead.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Boromir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Boromir » 10 Mar 2006, 12:50

I voted for liches. Not because I think they are stronger than others (in fact they are not; gorgons and minotaurs are far stronger), but simply because they look great and I love them. :) I don't quite get the idea of voting for the creature "because it is the strongest one" or "because it is the most useful one" - I just vote for those creatures which I like most.
Cheers,
Boromir
For every difficult question there is an easy answer: short, simple and wrong.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 10 Mar 2006, 13:57

For me it's mostly a toss up between the t-birds, minotaurs and gorgons. I will have to cast my vote for the gorgons, though, as I am fond of their sturdiness, their great ability, and the way they look, both upgraded or not.

Pit fiends are probably my least favourite, though their special ability of conjuring up demons can be quite formidable.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 10 Mar 2006, 14:47

This obviously goes to the Mighty Gorgons. In large numbers, they're even more terrifying than Vampire Lords. Though Thunderbirds are important to the Stronghold, Mighty Gorgons are even more important to the Fortress.
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 10 Mar 2006, 14:52

A lot of good choices there. But I think I have to give it to MG because of their special.

Dendroids are wonderful for defense, and I have a fondness for the master genies, too, so they win runner ups.

There aren't many bad units among those choices, though.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Nucleon
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Nucleon » 11 Mar 2006, 00:58

Nucleon voted for Minotaur Kings; A simple, efficient grunt.

Pit Lords would have been great, but the price!

Mighty Gorgons are close second runners.
(Translated from Silent Speak)

kitcat0
Scout
Scout

Unread postby kitcat0 » 11 Mar 2006, 13:08

I voted for power liches. They are one of the best shooters in the game, easy to get and very needed in necro army. Thunderbirds are very close second. I somehow dont like mighty gorgons that much - mostly because they are very difficult to get and I tend to go for higher level creatures instead.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 11 Mar 2006, 13:16

I like Zealots. Range shooters is always my preferred units.
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

SmokingBarrel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby SmokingBarrel » 12 Mar 2006, 01:39

Pit lords definitely. I like their weapon, and for some reasons their damage is just so...good...

Vulcanic
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vulcanic » 12 Mar 2006, 01:47

Voted Thunderbird

Helped me so many times when I was playing Stronghold, and its powers always amaze me.

LordScimitar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby LordScimitar » 12 Mar 2006, 22:03

Voted Mighty Gorgons. They got the best special in HOMM 1-3 other than H2s SuperPowered Geneis.

They have the hit points to back it up as a very sturdy unit, can just annihlate level 7 troops, and so on.

Though, I never underestimate Minotaur Kings.

T-birds aren't as good, but, for the Fortress, they're just what the Fortress needs and are an excellent fit. Same goes for Power Liches. Though, if you're lucky enough to get Cloak of the Undead King, Liches become the unstoppable force in HOMM3.
Gunnar>all.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 16 Mar 2006, 00:25

Power Liches...A huge addition when any Necromancer army gets these, one of the better ranged units in the game, and the death cloud is a very useful effect.

K-Dog
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby K-Dog » 17 Mar 2006, 15:09

Trolls are the the best 5s in H3, they heal themselves each turn and are totally awesome, especially their weapon, but cant vote for them so I vote pit
lords.

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 19 Mar 2006, 02:03

K-Dog wrote:Trolls are the the best 5s in H3, they heal themselves each turn and are totally awesome, especially their weapon, but cant vote for them so I vote pit
lords.
I loved trolls back on H2, don't get as much of a chance to use them on H3..

Return to “Heroes I-IV”