Unholy Alliance → Gathering the Legion

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Boots
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Boots » 25 Aug 2008, 18:15

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/299

Boots
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Boots » 25 Aug 2008, 18:15

For Crag's skills, I suggest Diplomacy if you are able to get it. It will help you on this map, and on the next map where he and Yog work together.

It will be difficult if not impossible to get no "wasted" skills (like Scouting or First Aid); set yourself a priority list and when you get those skills, save your game, particularly if you want to try for even better skills.

When you start out this map, I suggest getting three additional heroes. Send Crag north to buy a ballista (assuming you got Artillery--and I believe you should, along with Archery), send one south to grab the Archers' towers, one to pickup the mines, and the third to pick up the peasants. Then, every time Crag beats one of the stacks guarding the mines or generators, have one of the other heroes pick up the creatures and give them to Crag. That will save you time, and will allow Crag to get to ALL of the generators--including the Training Grounds near the Champions you have to get thru. You should be able to get 2 weeks' worth of all troops with little difficulty. This, along with the random hires you get on the way due to Diplomacy, should easily be enough to beat Blue. If you're fast, you might even get the 2 Griffon Conservatories north of O1A before the computer does--and it's worth back tracking to the hill fort to upgrade the angels, IMHO (or have another hero help you cart 'em to the HF then bring 'em back).

I was NEVER able to get a lvl 4 Mage Guild before Crag left the starting area, but I almost always got TP in O2A which allowed me to take out Tan in short order.

Return to “Articles”