Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 20 Aug 2008, 21:23

HeroOfPunk wrote:
Vector wrote:
Hobbun wrote: Yes, the information does help, but you haven't looked into Vista compatibility yet? I guess I am a bit concerned about that as a lot of people will probably have it by the time the game is released.
This is true, and perhaps we may have Vista before release, but we won't say for certain. Keep in mind this game will play just like MM6-MM8, so it is like asking how MM6, MM7, or MM8 will play on Vista. If someone has run previous MM games on Vista, then there won't be a problem. Someone feel free to add if they have experience in running the past games on Vista.

I have been running MM6-8 on Vista and they all work perfect... How is the game developing doing? I hope it will be released very soon since it was 2 years ago you posted it would be out in not to long :P Thanks :D
Was there anything special you needed to do in order to get M&M6-8 to run on Vista, or did you just set the compatability mode of the game to a platfrom capable of running it?

As of right now, we are still looking at a potential release date of May next year. Screenshots of dungeons and outdoor regions will eventually be available, but not until the website is up and running (coming soon). No worries, we will provide more concerning game content other than the meager information provided here :)

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 20 Aug 2008, 22:43

Well, maybe there could be a small demo available? That way we can get some feedback from the gamers...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 21 Aug 2008, 17:14

darknessfood wrote:Well, maybe there could be a small demo available? That way we can get some feedback from the gamers...
A couple years ago we contemplated this idea, in that the adventurers could explore the first island only, but we quickly scratched this idea as it would be too much work, and take away from our time in making the full version. If there is a big demand for one, we shall look at the idea again.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 21 Aug 2008, 17:24

Understood :). Well i can say is that the first side quest is written people. Vector and i looked at it, and he agreed on it. It is a good quest. Later on, maybe more on that subject, when there is more progression on that part :)!

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Update

Unread postby Vector » 09 Sep 2008, 03:43

Thought we would show some screenshots concerning new aspects of the game:

Here we have a display of a new dungeon, dubbed the ‘Golden Halls’ for the time being. Though only a hollow shell at the moment, this location will house the world of Enroth’s most extravagant and noteworthy treasures. It will also be one of the most challenging dungeons ever introduced in a might and magic game requiring much skill and quite a bit of planning before taking it on. If you plan on having a ‘treasure hunter’ in your party, plan on coming here.

If you plan on having a ‘Pirate’ in your party, it’s a sure thing you’ll be doing some promotional quests, like maybe tracking down tax collections and personal possessions of Pirate Lords and Leaders of times past. Here is one example of potential items you could be lucky enough to get your hands on:

Simply put, a dragon cave. There will be plenty of these on your travels, but careful, only reserved for high level parties. If you want to locate any grandeur items per say, I would suggest taking a peak in any dragon cave on your journey, perhaps luck will prevail; dragons seem to be magnets for adventurers with powerful equipment.

Some well to do equipment, be lucky to find at least a couple on your travels:

As a side note, I am sure many of you are curious as to what classes will be available for you to choose from at the beginning of the game. There will be nine classes available for you to choose from at the start of the game including four brand new classes:

Archer
Artificer (Follow in the footsteps of ‘Mekorig the Blind’ or ‘Cornelius of Blackshire’)
Cleric
Druid
Fighter (New class, self explanatory I would assume)
Knight
Pirate (Be part of the Reganan Empire!)
Sorcerer
Treasure Hunter (A definite, especially if wanting a jump on any artifacts, relics, or specials)

Thanks for looking and we will keep you posted!

Lord13
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Lord13 » 10 Sep 2008, 11:48

Can't w8 to hear more news :-D

The screenshots showed clear we expect a title at path
of MnM 6-8, and I love to play a game with this gameplay
after so many years. Classes look very promising, I am
sure we will see a good game...keep it up ;)
Every man dies...
Every beast dies...
Only heroes live forever!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 10 Sep 2008, 12:33

Well, as a side quest writer, i can tell you guys (now we are bringing some news), i can say that i'm intending to NOT make side quest really cliché. I want to make some really unique quests. Some are funny to read, some are weird, and some are going to be hard as breaking nuts with your buttcheeks. Also, i'm thinking of making some side quests really big (go to different locations to finish it) and not so typical rewards (like only some gold and xp). You are going to get stat raising rewards, stores that might open when closed, stuff like that.

Anyway, the game is in development, so things can change.

Thanks for reading, and maybe, you can give me ideas you would like as a sidequest in the upcoming game :)...

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 10 Sep 2008, 20:06

Superb screenshots! Is the golden one an edited version of the Titan's Stronghold in MM VII?

As for sidequests, a fake/funny way to Vori would be superb :-D perhaps more or less following some of the insane ways to Vori, only to find a Pink Statue of an Elephant called Vori or something like that :devious:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 10 Sep 2008, 22:21

@ Justice: Great idea. I might tweak it, but something similar will get in :)!

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 11 Sep 2008, 00:09

Have you decided on the four races yet, out of curiousity?
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 11 Sep 2008, 00:11

Sounds good on the sidequests Darknessfood.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 11 Sep 2008, 07:35

Well, i think that is something we are still working with, the races ;)!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 11 Sep 2008, 12:32

Was there anything special you needed to do in order to get M&M6-8 to run on Vista, or did you just set the compatability mode of the game to a platfrom capable of running it?

As of right now, we are still looking at a potential release date of May next year. Screenshots of dungeons and outdoor regions will eventually be available, but not until the website is up and running (coming soon). No worries, we will provide more concerning game content other than the meager information provided here :)

Nope it was just to put the cd in and go for it! alltough MMVIII didnt work on my gf's XP computer :( didnt try the rest of the games on xp but i know for sure mmvi-viii worked on my vista.. And also i wanna say that its aweeesome that u can be a pirate! :D My gf goes dressed like a pirate irl some days so she will love it THANKS :D Great pics! :D

Vector
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vector » 11 Sep 2008, 20:37

Lord13 wrote:Can't w8 to hear more news :-D

The screenshots showed clear we expect a title at path
of MnM 6-8, and I love to play a game with this gameplay
after so many years. Classes look very promising, I am
sure we will see a good game...keep it up ;)
Yes, a game engine like this will be quite refreshing for a M&M game; ironic to say dated graphics will be refreshing :D . I have to say though that I wouldn't want to play a MM game any other way.
darknessfood wrote:Well, as a side quest writer, i can tell you guys (now we are bringing some news), i can say that i'm intending to NOT make side quest really cliché. I want to make some really unique quests. Some are funny to read, some are weird, and some are going to be hard as breaking nuts with your buttcheeks. Also, i'm thinking of making some side quests really big (go to different locations to finish it) and not so typical rewards (like only some gold and xp). You are going to get stat raising rewards, stores that might open when closed, stuff like that.

Anyway, the game is in development, so things can change.

Thanks for reading, and maybe, you can give me ideas you would like as a sidequest in the upcoming game :)...
We sent you a PM, hopefully I can provide you with some information you need in order to create more side quests and possibly some class promotion quests.
Justice wrote:Superb screenshots! Is the golden one an edited version of the Titan's Stronghold in MM VII?

As for sidequests, a fake/funny way to Vori would be superb :-D perhaps more or less following some of the insane ways to Vori, only to find a Pink Statue of an Elephant called Vori or something like that :devious:
Good eye! Yes, we modified the 'Titan Stronghold' in order to produce our 'Golden Halls.' We won't say much more than that other than you will be shocked upon entering them ;)

Including Vori has crossed our minds more than once. How many of you would like to go to Vori?
jeff4815 wrote:Have you decided on the four races yet, out of curiousity?
Two races are a go, and that is the human and dark elf. We feel that those are typical races of a M&M game. We have yet to decide the other two races. We may introduce new races, or we may just pick from existing races, such the dragon, minotaur, vampire, etc. (dragon would be the hardest to incorporate).
HeroOfPunk wrote:

Nope it was just to put the cd in and go for it! alltough MMVIII didnt work on my gf's XP computer :( didnt try the rest of the games on xp but i know for sure mmvi-viii worked on my vista.. And also i wanna say that its aweeesome that u can be a pirate! :D My gf goes dressed like a pirate irl some days so she will love it THANKS :D Great pics! :D
Glad you like the Pirate idea; we thought it would be really unique and it is a class that has never been offered before. Tell your girlfriend to play MMX if she wants to be a pirate! :D

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Sep 2008, 00:18

darknessfood wrote:Thanks for reading, and maybe, you can give me ideas you would like as a sidequest in the upcoming game :)...
Maybe it's not about sidequests, but I'd like to see some monsters respawning in a dungeon until some leader is killed or something like that. And it was very interesting in BDJ mod to protect your fellows from the horde of dragons in one of the last quests. So it would be really nice to see more interactive elements like these and like there were in MM6. (unfortunately, MM7 and MM8 got less of these)
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

Storm-giant
Minotaur
Minotaur

Unread postby Storm-giant » 12 Sep 2008, 11:35

The screenshoots look really good :) . The items look good too. The fighter, will hit with the hands or will be another hand to hand only?
Keep up the good work!

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Sep 2008, 21:40

Well, since this thread is really being watched (over 2000 times already) Vector and I decided that we are going to provide an every week update. This to keep you informed about how it's going, and to horn you up a little bit. We won't give out (much) spoilers, you will know everything once you can play it for yourself. So anyway, keep checking here, and spread the word!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 13 Sep 2008, 22:16

Glad you like the Pirate idea; we thought it would be really unique and it is a class that has never been offered before. Tell your girlfriend to play MMX if she wants to be a pirate! :D
Yeah ofc i will haha im gonna try to get her intressted! :D [/quote]

skinothetis1
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby skinothetis1 » 16 Sep 2008, 09:22

Hi.
If you cannot provide a demo then how about a sort video of the game being played?
And i know you will probably have 4 characters but i really miss the 6 characters of the old Might & Magic .
And we want a bigger inventory!!!!!!

MM7today
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby MM7today » 16 Sep 2008, 18:06

Heck yeah! A bigger inventory :D

That has been a pain in the ass. I got a collector's nature, and keeping all the artifacts + letters/scrolls has taken some room XD

Oh, and will there be some puzzle elements in the game?

Return to “Might and Magic”