Yet Another Online Heroes!

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Zubbus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Zubbus » 03 Aug 2008, 12:43

Cool! A MMO game that resembles 1 of the games I liked the most - just what I need!
I'm in. My name is Zubbus. Who wants to be my friend?
The icy yet intense predator hails from Antarctica. His focused eyes betray nothing but lethal instincts. In those eyes every adversary is but a mere fish.

Hambone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hambone » 05 Aug 2008, 02:11

Anyone making much out of this game? Seems like you basically just slowly build up resources, spend them on troops, then duel other players. Which isn't exactly "epic", though I do like the HOMM theme.

"The adding features part depends on the end of the patch plan." -- Fabrice Cambounet

Zubbus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Zubbus » 05 Aug 2008, 09:15

Yeah, played it for like a day and it's REALLY stagnant. You keep the same troops for like hundreds of battles. Most people will die of boredom before they unlock lv 7 troops, or maybe even lv 3.

Still, it's a place where you can play Acromage live and vs other people, something 3DO haven't managed to do.

Hah, but I wouldn't have known whether it's good or not if I didn't give it a go.
The icy yet intense predator hails from Antarctica. His focused eyes betray nothing but lethal instincts. In those eyes every adversary is but a mere fish.

Hambone
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hambone » 05 Aug 2008, 18:40

Yeah, I gave it a try last night and at first thought "oh no!" because it seemed like a pretty solid massive browser version of HOMM. But as I finished my first couple of battles there didn't seem much point to the game other than just slowly collecting resources and fighting endless battles for no real reason.

Also, I really don't like games where you can use real money to buy your way ahead of other players. Heroes of War and Money makes this almost too easy -- I figured that for about $50 you could basically just buy all the resources needed to build an entire city of first level buildings! That's more than I'd ever pay, but no doubt there are tons of jerks out there happy to skip a hundred hours of grinding to spend their time beating up no weaklings like me.

"The adding features part depends on the end of the patch plan." -- Fabrice Cambounet

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 26 Aug 2008, 22:32

At least the title is appealing.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”