Sacred series

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 28 Jul 2008, 01:09

Same here, never had any problems, i got the gold version and i think that one is patched all the way. Also never played multiplayer, so how about it gang, take a lap of killing with each other once??
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 01 Aug 2008, 13:38

Nice trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33309.html

Also, here's one in HD: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33308.html

Also, the game is coming out in September apparently.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 04 Aug 2008, 19:12

Sorry, darkness. Wish I had the time to play these kind of games online. :(
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2008, 17:25

Release date: 02.10.2008
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Sep 2008, 11:04

Demos are out, i got the german lang one, but while i played a bit the english one is out: http://www.fileplanet.com/192204/190000 ... red-2-Demo

have fun.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 13 Oct 2008, 09:47

Anybody have Sacred 2 yet? It won't be released in North Ameria for almost another month! I think it happened that way when the original Sacred was released too!
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Oct 2008, 11:24

Gonna try the demo once i am home. I liked the first one, so let's see if this can still my hunger for more, and if my computer can handle it :D!

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 13 Oct 2008, 14:17

it needs 12 gigs on my HD!?!?!?, shit, what did they put in there? 8|
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 14 Oct 2008, 08:38

No, I think you need 20 gigs for the full game. Tried the demo yesterday, but didn't played it a lot because it was a German language game, hate that language and I suck at it. PLayed it for a few minutes though and i must say that I am impressed. The looks are amazing, and the gameplay is just like you want from a sequal of a good game...

EDIT: Installed it and it is indeed 12 gigs, sorry, i thought i saw somewhere that it was going to be 20, my bad ;| ...

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 18 Oct 2008, 03:06

Sacred has always been one of my favorites!

I like to play the Battle Mage, and in fact, my screen name for this forum stands for "Battle Mage Jedi", because it's possible to make him look and play just like a Star Wars Jedi knight.

I worry about whether I'll enjoy Sacred 2, because the Battle Mage is gone. Also, it's being released in a console version, which is a huge red flag to me. It means that they're going by the new gaming business model, and I understand why they have to, but 'available for Xbox', basically translates to me as 'dumbed down until it's no fun'.

I understand there will be a female elf who's the replacement for the Battle Mage, but I just don't identify well with a female avatar - that's the one thing about the Sacred engine I wish they would change - I would prefer to select my own gender.

Chai26
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Chai26 » 18 Oct 2008, 13:22

darknessfood wrote:No, I think you need 20 gigs for the full game. Tried the demo yesterday, but didn't played it a lot because it was a German language game, hate that language and I suck at it. PLayed it for a few minutes though and i must say that I am impressed. The looks are amazing, and the gameplay is just like you want from a sequal of a good game...

EDIT: Installed it and it is indeed 12 gigs, sorry, i thought i saw somewhere that it was going to be 20, my bad ;| ...
if a game was 20 gigs big, i will personally slaughter the developer :devious:
Voodoo Child
Some say, he/she sucks the moisture out of ducks.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 18 Oct 2008, 18:33

I haven't downloaded the demo but I saw it is 1.7Gig. I might download it later but I read the character you play in the demo can't be transfered to the actual game.

I also read that there is a shared stash in Sacred2 so you can transfer items to your other single player characters which ais a welcome addition. :)

I thought about ordering the international English version rather than waiting for the US version.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 19 Oct 2008, 02:04

the thing i liked with Sacred it there is a kind aliving world to run around in, Diablo it was like 1 village then the rest of it was dead and filled with monsters, in Sacred one can run around and find a Guard Tower with soldiers or a village once in awhile :)
Ultima, Elder Scrolls and Might and Magic Veteran.

SoRHunter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SoRHunter » 20 Oct 2008, 15:52

Talin_Trollbane wrote:the thing i liked with Sacred it there is a kind aliving world to run around in, Diablo it was like 1 village then the rest of it was dead and filled with monsters, in Sacred one can run around and find a Guard Tower with soldiers or a village once in awhile :)
That is hardly a fair comparison, as Diablo II is much older than Sacred! If you want to compare things properly, you should try and getting Sacred 2 and Diablo III side by side. ;)

I admit not to be a big fan of Sacred. The thing I was most ticked about (apart the bugs) were the amount of enemies that surrounded my avatar at all times. This can be easily seen if you just zoom out - the area you "control" (the one you see in regular zoom) is devoid of enemies but all around you are lots of critters (on the zoomed-out area).

I might give Sacred another try if I can find it and its expansion on the bargain bin (I was playing a friend's copy). But I'm not sure I will enjoy it more. At least, I always have Titan Quest to kill some time (and hordes of enemies... :D ) until Diablo III is out. Or, if Sacred 2 gets really good press, I might (let me stress might) forget the huge disk space required... :devil:

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 20 Oct 2008, 20:56

That is hardly a fair comparison, as Diablo II is much older than Sacred! If you want to compare things properly, you should try and getting Sacred 2 and Diablo III side by side.
sure Diablo II is much older, but still it had people but only in like 1 town per map.

and i cant compare Diablo III and Sacred II cuz they arent out yet.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 02 Nov 2008, 13:58

SoRHunter wrote: if Sacred 2 gets really good press, I might (let me stress might) forget the huge disk space required... :devil:
Relax... i bet Diablo 3 will have similar space requirements...

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 22 Nov 2008, 13:54

Has anyone played Sacred 2 yet? I am playing thourgh as a Shadow Warrior in the single player Light campaign. Here is my shadow warrior slaying a dragon. My warrior got warped out immediately after the battle though, so no treasure for me! I think I'll get a reward from an NPC though.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 22 Nov 2008, 17:36

I played it for a brief moment. The game needs much more stuff on your computer then I haven. Need to configure it more...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 03 Dec 2008, 08:26

damn securom making me have to remember to del it every time so the char doesn't expire... but then again i also don't really have the time for all the games i have installed right now... maybe i'll just buy it later when it's cheaper... hmmm....

Oh, and latest patch supposedly helps with the whole configuring the settings so it works better...

Talin_Trollbane
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Talin_Trollbane » 03 Dec 2008, 19:10

damn securom making me have to remember to del it every time so the char doesn't expire...
what? dont tell me the devs hid somesort of ass-hat program in the game?

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”