Where our Usernames come from...

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 31 May 2008, 13:12

Avonu wrote:In my language your nick means:
1. a small fly
2. a bow tie
3. front sight (aiming part of gun)
If I spell it so: musca - it means a fly in Romanian too..., the country I live, but I find it disturbing to being associated with it.
as for "2)" - don't like this either.
3) - this is good :D
By the way what's your mother tongue?

@tLD
Fierar(u)? - rare.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 02 Jun 2008, 20:41

Muszka wrote:By the way what's your mother tongue?
Polish

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 02 Jun 2008, 21:25

In Portuguese, fly is spelled MOSCA, almost like Muszka. It's likely to spell MUSIC in Portuguese though, as we have MÚSICA. Mosca is also relative to the very point (the middle or perfectly matching) of a target.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 02 Jun 2008, 22:24

Well, me and a friend of mine got drunk (yeah, again). We decided to go and play a game online (i believe it was Delte Force 2) and we needed a cool name, something that was PURE EVIL. So the darkness part was born. But only darkness wasn't truly good enough so we added something else, "food" was the only option because we were hungry :D. Sounded good to me so i ended up using it...
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 03 Jun 2008, 00:56

@Panda
:mad: enough ;)

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 07 Jul 2008, 16:12

Asheera Moonblood is the name of my character in most role-playing games. I don't remember the origins of this name (how I came up with it) though.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Lord Lakely
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Lord Lakely » 07 Jul 2008, 16:22

Whilst I was playing Baldur's Gate some years ago, I imagined a Cleric named Sir Alexander Lakely, Lord of Clearwater, a town north-east to Baldur's Gate,which is famous for its clear and perma-frozen lake, which is inhabited by a loch-nesslike creature called Black Lilly.
I imagined stories about him and his renegade half-elven son (who would have been me :rolleyes: . But since "Sir Alexander Lakely, Lord of Clearwater, a town north-east to Baldur's Gate, which is famous for its clear and perma-frozen lake, which is inhabited by a loch-nesslike creature called Black Lilly" is too long to use as a username, it's Lord Lakely. :D

My Username at HC (and some of you will know me like this) is Lexxan, which is derived from my middle name, Alexander. (the second X makes it more unique) ;)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 07 Jul 2008, 16:27

@Muszka
You almost got it ;)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 07 Jul 2008, 16:28

Borsuc is a made up name, I don't know where it came from, probably from some funny creature.

The avatar has no relationship to the first time I made up this name. Afterwards I realized that "Borsuc" is pretty close to "Bursuc" (which means badger in romanian). Thus my avatar is a badger with green eyes (my favorite color), taken from Neverwinter Nights and modified a bit.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Jul 2008, 14:21

Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Borsuc
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Borsuc » 12 Jul 2008, 14:50

Apparently my name has too many meanings even in romanian 8|

:victory:

Lord Fubar8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lord Fubar8 » 28 Jul 2008, 20:19

I first used Fubar in that goofy online game "Utopia" and then added the "Lord" part once I got addicted to the Heroes series.

I couldn't be happy just using "Lord Fubar" in my games, nope I had to port it out to the net. The "8" is there only because I've goofed up on remembering my info with "Lord Fubar and 2. Yuppers, I 8 it this time. Hehe

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 28 Jul 2008, 20:21

And I thought you just placed that 8 because it was already taken or something :D
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 28 Jul 2008, 22:38

...a Zeus-like figure, according to some sources, in the Dacian mythology. No particular reason why I chose it... maybe just because it was the most original that crossed my mind first time when I made an account on a Heroes forum.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jul 2008, 09:04

"Zeus/Jupiter like figure" is one of those things that are a direct result of Roman propaganda, where every new population they'd encounter would be just worshipping one of their gods by another name... i bet that came in really handy when incorporating ppl into the Empire.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 14 Sep 2008, 11:47

Muszka wrote:
Avonu wrote:In my language your nick means:
1. a small fly
2. a bow tie
3. front sight (aiming part of gun)
If I spell it so: musca - it means a fly in Romanian too..., the country I live, but I find it disturbing to being associated with it.
as for "2)" - don't like this either.
3) - this is good :D
By the way what's your mother tongue?
I believe the 3rd meaning might come from the French mousquet, which gave also the Romanian muschetă, and most probably also the related word in Polish Avonu is talking about.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 14 Sep 2008, 13:59

You might be right, although I never thought of this until now. But I like best the original reason why I have this name.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2008, 19:42

From the Greek Titanes and the English Thunder... and this thread is pretty much dead unless we get more people or someone changes their handle.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 26 Sep 2008, 21:19

So let it die, then. :rolleyes:
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 27 Sep 2008, 19:59

TT, ladies and gentleman! Back and bitching!
:-D :D :-D :D :-D

My username is the result of lack of creativity. There, the thread is still alive :tonguehands:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Return to “Campfire”