Sacred series

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Sacred series

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Mar 2008, 16:17

Oh yeah... Ascaron is working on Sacred 2... unfortunatly it looks like only the Seraphim is coming back.

But the interesting thing is the Light/Shadow paths you character can take...

http://www.sacred2.com/

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Main_Page
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 09 Mar 2008, 21:06

thats the only game I could play instead of re-playing Diablo2, when I wanted hack&slash-type gameplay.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 10 Mar 2008, 11:22

Pretty good game. Haven't finished it :disagree: . But it's a really good Hack n Slash game!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Mar 2008, 20:09

The persistent world map is the coolest feature... but boy could it have used a whole lot more portals... and teh Horses should have been faster... i mean the fastest horse i found at lvl 30 was barely a bit faster then the max speed you character can reach...

Another great thing was how your main stats grew by themselves but you could still customize them by 1 point every level. It made balancing characters much easier.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 12 Mar 2008, 23:30

ThunderTitan wrote:The persistent world map is the coolest feature... but boy could it have used a whole lot more portals... and teh Horses should have been faster... i mean the fastest horse i found at lvl 30 was barely a bit faster then the max speed you character can reach...

Another great thing was how your main stats grew by themselves but you could still customize them by 1 point every level. It made balancing characters much easier.
Couldn't agree with you more. Horses are nearly useless. They have like 25% more speed or so, and in some cases it just slows you down. Like then riding on a horse, slapping around orc's or whatever, you gain loot, you have to get of your horse, takes 2 seconds, then grab loot and the back on the horse agian. Also, fighting on a horse is a pain up the butt, when you are OF your horse you kill WAY better...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Mar 2008, 11:47

Install latest patch, and press A while on horseback... :D

To make horses more useful, buy them a saddle with + X Speed... and only buy them based on their speed.

They're not useless coz you'd go nuts on foot covering all that terrain, but i see no reason why they couldn't be faster as to make the boring run around pass quicker.

And the Battle Mage is just as effective on horse or off horse... :devil:

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Mar 2008, 11:52

ThunderTitan wrote:Install latest patch, and press A while on horseback... :D

To make horses more useful, buy them a saddle with + X Speed... and only buy them based on their speed.

They're not useless coz you'd go nuts on foot covering all that terrain, but i see no reason why they couldn't be faster as to make the boring run around pass quicker.

And the Battle Mage is just as effective on horse or off horse... :devil:
Didn't play with a Battle Mage yet. So i did NOT know that. Does the patch also apply on the Sacred Gold edition...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Mar 2008, 12:03

Not only that but it also makes it so you don't need a CD in the drive... 2.28 i believe.

And if you play BM i recommend Ring of Ice (the slow down is a big plus), with people on the tubes saying Fire Spiral is best coz it has better dmg (slow down seems better to me).

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Mar 2008, 12:13

ThunderTitan wrote:Not only that but it also makes it so you don't need a CD in the drive... 2.28 i believe.

And if you play BM i recommend Ring of Ice (the slow down is a big plus), with people on the tubes saying Fire Spiral is best coz it has better dmg (slow down seems better to me).
Well, in the diablo games i also have ice magic stuff, and itemsn with 10/15% chance of a lvl 3 frost nove. Slowdown of a whole groud is (in your words) teh best!!!

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Mar 2008, 21:40

Especially since you can just run around teh ring making the baddies stay longer...

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 13 Mar 2008, 22:16

Man, by the screens this game looks great.

On how many DVDs is it sold?

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 13 Mar 2008, 23:31

okrane wrote:Man, by the screens this game looks great.

On how many DVDs is it sold?
Of the first one or?

okrane
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby okrane » 14 Mar 2008, 00:50

Sacred 2, I mean

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 14 Mar 2008, 10:20

Sacred 2 isn't in stores yet. But i supose it won't take long anymore. Just wait a few months, and in the meanwhile get Sacred 1 to have loads of fun with :)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Mar 2008, 10:26

Seeing how DVD's come in 8 GB variants too i'll take a wild guess and say 1.

TheUndeadKing
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby TheUndeadKing » 26 Jul 2008, 21:41

Recently got Sacred and Sacred: Underworld. Actually, to me, it doesn't feel like a Diablo 2 clone, which is a good thing. The graphics are very well drawn, especially the character models and the indoor environments! I'm loving those details and everything!

I'll probably have to play less Titan Quest, and more Sacred.
"I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free..." - Michelangelo

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 26 Jul 2008, 22:28

I'm looking forward to Sacred 2 and enjoyed Sacred. It has a lot more quests than Diablo. Everybody it seems calls this type of game a Diablo clone.

I liked playing a dwaf granadier but the granades sometimes made my machine crash. I haven't played it with my newest machine. I'll have to give it a whirl to see if I stll have that problem.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 27 Jul 2008, 01:41

Wel, i got it as well, and it's still pretty good:D. Can play it online,maybe we can join force someday??? And they callit a diablo clone, probably becaue it had everything wha i the same. Same view,same controlls, same gameplay, etc ect. Been playing Titan Quest lately,and it's really good :D!!! So um, guys,maybe a hook up soon...

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 27 Jul 2008, 12:15

Sacred was a nice game, but it was the most buggy game I ever played, especially in Multiplayer :disagree:

And this is after the last patch! Look at the bug fixes in the patches and imagine how it was WITHOUT them.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 27 Jul 2008, 14:36

I don't remember many bugs after the patches but it has been a while since I have played. I only played single player though.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”